Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is garbage. His attitude isn't up to scratch.

And that’s why we would get him cheap. I would prefer to back the club in getting his head right.

Bellamy is the coach for him though

And that’s why we would get him cheap. I would prefer to back the club in getting his head right.

Bellamy is the coach for him though

We don't need him no matter how cheap he comes. You can't coach the one percenters into somebody. They either have it or they don't, and he doesn't have it.
[automerge]1564617967[/automerge]
Is that the guy that played for the Cowboys and gave up the chase on Roberts when he was playing for us?

Yep. It's little things like that coaches pick up on.

Last edited:
We don't need him no matter how cheap he comes. You can't coach the one percenters into somebody. They either have it or they don't, and he doesn't have it.
[automerge]1564617967[/automerge]

Yep. It's little things like that coaches pick up on.
I agree with what you’re saying, but Roberts is a good example against what you’re saying.

He came to the Broncos with a long list of indiscretions, a poor attitude in general and and even poorer work ethic on the field.

Bennett managed to get him playing for the team, putting in much more effort than he had ever done for any other team and as a result, helped get him into a Blues jersey.

2019 told us that Roberts and Seibold obviously didn’t get along, so he kicked stones and inevitably went back to Bennett and joined Souths.

He’s not setting the world on fire, but he looks much happier.

So whilst you’re right to say you can’t coach attitude (or more specifically, getting rid of someone’s poor attitude), there are always exceptions.

GGM might have a Roberts and Seibold relationship with Green, so a change of scenery might get him fulfilling his potential.

Probably not, but I don’t think we can dismiss it unequivocally.

However, we probably don’t need a project player that we hope comes good, when we have a whole bunch of young kids with high ceilings, great attitudes and strong work ethic.

TL;DR:
He could be good, but we probably don’t need him.
We have some great kids coming through which makes for exciting times - go the Broncos!

The comparison is easy to make as they’re both lightening quick wingers who couldn’t get game time at a struggling club (both also have hyphenated surnames [emoji2369]) - but the same could be said about JAC at Wests.

Put GGM in a strong system with an equally strong coach and he could finally live up to his potential.

Of course, he might not too, but I’d be willing to sign him on a reasonable / lower end wage to see what he’s got.

As the old saying goes, you can’t beat pure speed - and he’s got it.

Remember James Roberts? He was also pure speed and got beat a fair bit. And I’m not talking about a foot race

Jesse Ramien has been told to find a new club by the Knights. Won't play for them again.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? That's huge news, he is an absolute gun. What has happened?

News Corp Australia can reveal Brown told Ramien after training on Thursday that he did not have to return to the club. It is understood Ramien was officially granted permission to negotiate with other clubs shortly afterwards.

News Corp Australia can reveal Brown told Ramien after training on Thursday that he did not have to return to the club. It is understood Ramien was officially granted permission to negotiate with other clubs shortly afterwards.

There has got to be more to that story. You don't just let a guy like that walk.

I know you shouldn’t usually sack a coach because of players whinging, but I’d sooner let Brown walk than Ramien. Brown’s a terrible coach who has gotten no success despite buying a roster; just listening to him talk he comes off as a moron. His random attack on Wayne last year was pathetic.

Last edited:
Knights fans think he's lazy and that he has feet for hands. If he were a left centre I'd be interested in having him, but with Bird and Staggs around it'd be a waste.

I know you shouldn’t usually sack a coach because of players whinging, but I’d sooner let Brown walk than Ramien. Brown’s a terrible coach who has gotten no success despite buying a roster; just listening to him talk he comes off as a moron. His random attack on Wayne last year was pathetic.

Seems as though Brown is better at picking talent than he is at coaching it.
He would prove more useful in the background of a club than at the forefront.

Jesse Ramien has been told to find a new club by the Knights. Won't play for them again.
I think it's most likely he goes back to the sharks.

Xerri is a natural left center and Ramien is a natural right center.... they could have their center pairing set for the next decade.

Sharks also looking to offload Dugan (would think England is his best bet)... just leaves jmoz who probably has 1yr left on his contract with sharks and is probably getting propped up by dogs. You'd think he still has a place in NRL so could get moved on with a few more suitors available.

I think it's most likely he goes back to the sharks.

Xerri is a natural left center and Ramien is a natural right center.... they could have their center pairing set for the next decade.

Sharks also looking to offload Dugan (would think England is his best bet)... just leaves jmoz who probably has 1yr left on his contract with sharks and is probably getting propped up by dogs. You'd think he still has a place in NRL so could get moved on with a few more suitors available.

...um...didn't he leave the Sharks in the first place? Also June 30 deadline has passed so he cant sign for another NRL team for this year so Superleague it is...

There is a huge story waiting to hit the airwaves somewhere in this, there would just have to be. I think after the YoYo season they've had and the talent that Ramien seems to be, if it came down to just a bad relationship between coach and player, SURELY there is someone there who would be smart enough to put a stop to Brown squeezing him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.