Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers.

Quite a lot less than the other upper echelon Fullbacks. Will give him something to work on in the off-season :P

He can certainly borrow a page out of Lockyer's book. In 2001 when the Broncos had a horrific run with injury, Lockyer had to accept full responsibility and become both the fullback, the halfback and the five eighth for the team. He played wonderfully, but his running stats were among the worst in the competition. He didn't even crack triple digits.

In 2002 and 2003, he was able to focus more on his responsibilities and was right up there as one of the best running fullbacks in the game.

The same could certainly apply to Milford, especially if he's given a pre-season to prepare for the role and isn't running on a bad knee.

Bullshit, CNK often gets pushed back, and the other two are elite fullbacks. Cherry picking.

Do you know what cherry picking means? Judging by your use of it in the last 2 posts, I'm guessing not.

I find your use of the "elite" terminology very interesting. Do you legitimately believe that Milford has any hope in hell at even holding a candle to Tedesco or RTS in terms of being a complete Fullback? You said that you think Milford can be elite in the position, I wholeheartedly disagree, if the measuring stick is those two guys.

I think he can possibly be slightly above average, if a lot of things go right. Whereas I think he can be (and already has been) an elite Five-Eighth. Is it really worth the gamble at hampering his progression as a play maker? I don't think it is, personally.

body mass =/= strength

I'm talking about the strength that is useful at Fullback, core strength, leg drive. You seldom see guys like RTS, CNK, Teddy get pushed back when they take hit-ups, you regularly see Milford get ragdolled and driven backwards.

If he can completely change his body structure in the off-season, kudos to him, I don't see it happening personally.

To be honest, I haven’t ever seen Milford get driven back at fullback or 5/8th. He holds his ground and gets down when needed. I’ll tell you when he’s most likely to get driven back, when elite back rowers and centres are running at him when he defends in the front line.

Don't forget, none of those fullbacks are playing behind Boyd/Turpin but point taken.

A large percentage of a fullbacks run meters come from kick returns.

To be honest, I haven’t ever seen Milford get driven back at fullback or 5/8th.

giphy.gif

He hasn’t been one of the best halves in the comp since 2015 with Hunt, but he’s damned well done his best with what he’s got. He has zero vision. He’s instinctual, which is a synonymous with a fullback in my eyes.
I thought that is why locky said he was a 6 when he first came here, because of his vision. Isn't that why modern day fullbacks are just like another 6 ?

I find your use of the "elite" terminology very interesting. Do you legitimately believe that Milford has any hope in hell at even holding a candle to Tedesco or RTS in terms of being a complete Fullback? You said that you think Milford can be elite in the position, I wholeheartedly disagree, if the measuring stick is those two guys.
Milf already was an elite when he came to us from the Raiders as a fullback. Remember that try he scored against the knights in '15, how good was that. I want that milf back.

See, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I just don’t really care if you or others disagree. It’s just what I see.

Oh.. fair enough, I didn't realise you were just saying it because you see him as a Fullback, I thought you might be able to back it up with reasoning or facts.. or.. anything..

Will just have to agree to disagree on this one old chap.

Oh dear...

Not sure if you're attempting to troll on this one or not, but =/= means "does not equal" on the internet, so you were just reinforcing my statement by saying "No it doesn't" when replying to me :P

Do you know what cherry picking means? Judging by your use of it in the last 2 posts, I'm guessing not.

I think he can possibly be slightly above average, if a lot of things go right. Whereas I think he can be (and already has been) an elite Five-Eighth. Is it really worth the gamble at hampering his progression as a play maker? I don't think it is, personally.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post however you definitely should have included turbo because he is the elite fb in the comp

Last edited:
No. Vision imo means that you can read a play on a split second. Very few can do that, only elite playmakers. The rest have time and space to make a good decision, hence Milford at FB.
I'd say that is more instinct, vision is seeing a play before it happens.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post however you definitely should have included turbo because he is the elite fb in the comp

I'm aware, I was only using those two in my post because I was replying to his post in which he he called those two elite. I consider Turbo, Teddy, RTS & Ponga to be in a league of their own. Gutho marginally behind them, CNK marginally behind him. Slim pickings after those guys, I wanna see Papenhuyzen get a full season in the 1 jersey, I think he could be superrrrr good.

I'm aware, I was only using those two in my post because I was replying to his post in which he he called those two elite. I consider Turbo, Teddy, RTS & Ponga to be in a league of their own. Gutho marginally behind them, CNK marginally behind him. Slim pickings after those guys, I wanna see Papenhuyzen get a full season in the 1 jersey, I think he could be superrrrr good.
Ah I missed that post. Milf can be better than gutho but that’s about his peak at fb. He can be the best 5/8 in the game.

Turbo is beyond RTS and Teddy IMHO. He not only has the instinct, the vision, and the skills, but the pure footy smarts to understand not only the paragraph, or the chapter, but the story in its entirety.

He’s only 22 as well. He would be my first bloke picked if starting a footy team.

Milford looks better compared to other number 6s than he does compared to fullbacks purely because there is FAAAAR more talent in the fullback role in the NRL these days.

I definitely think that's his best position too - he might not get the massive numbers, but his strength was always support play and popping up anywhere he wants to on the field. Halves are mostly stuck in their own little corner. If he doesn't have the energy to be more active at fullback, then he also doesn't have the energy to be a half that can play both sides of the field.

If he doesn't reach elite level at fullback, I think we just have to move him on. I definitely don't want the Broncos to pay this much for him again unless he gets his running game back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Rambstien
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosMan
  • kiwibronco
  • jd87
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.