Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What player posted this? I for one would be keeping him and making him captain. He would be the ultimate stop gap captain until one of these younger guys is ready for the role.

Joe O

Mmmm, interesting! Not unhappy.

They are apparently looking to revamp their roster a bit at Melbourne. They are still shopping around Scott, and also Chambers and Vunivalu and then they have a few targets depending on who they can move on.

People are going a bit silly just naming any player.

I don’t see why we can’t give SoS and Dearden first crack, particularly if we sign Croft, who’s not a lock for first grade at Melbourne. I think Sezer would only come if he’s all-but guaranteed first grade, so one of them has to miss out, and probably would just because of what Sezer could add. At least they miss out due to an actual half playing.

SOS did his acl, he's not going to be back before June.

So unless we're planning on Paix, then surely Dearden gets a run.

What player posted this? I for one would be keeping him and making him captain. He would be the ultimate stop gap captain until one of these younger guys is ready for the role.
It was offa that posted it.

They are apparently looking to revamp their roster a bit at Melbourne. They are still shopping around Scott, and also Chambers and Vunivalu and then they have a few targets depending on who they can move on.
Fafita I bet.....
[automerge]1568959121[/automerge]
I do not want Croft unless cheap

Last edited:
Croft is still 22 and has big game experience. He's worth the gamble, I mean I'd take him over Hunt or Taylor who are on over a mil. He could be anything without Smith playing hooker and halfback.

Last edited:
SOS did his acl, he's not going to be back before June.

So unless we're planning on Paix, then surely Dearden gets a run.

Oh durr of course. Got used to him not playing when he was fit 😅

Croft seems an odd choice. The thing that does appeal though, is give him a 2 year deal so that Milford and Croft contract ends at the same time. Then whichever half has been underperforming, release and play Dearden. Dearden turns 19 next year. I don't think we want him playing a full season just yet. He seems relatively underdeveloped in comparison to other players that have debuted at a young age.

I'd definitely have preferred Sezer, but if he's cheap then it might be okay. We still need a fullback though.

Last edited:
Croft is still 22 and has big game experience. He's worth the gamble, I mean I'd take him over Hunt or Taylor who are on over a mil. He could be anything without Smith playing hooker and halfback.

That's what worries me with Croft. He has Smith in that Melbourne team who pretty much plays a combined 7/9 better than pretty much anyone who has lived. Can Croft guide the team around which is what we are badly missing. We have the running 5/8 in Milford, we need the captain to steer the ship

I mean it's Sportingnews, they're not exactly credible but I hope it's true.

Croft is exactly the kind of player who would shine for us and he's so far ahead of our current halfback options it ain't funny.

Dearden is a fucking 19 year old, he's not ready, he needs a minimum of another year before he can play every week, SOS is going to miss half of next season and isn't ranked highly anyway then we have... Boyd lol. Milford is not a 7 either.

An actual 7, who has the confidence to lead the team, plays the big games and has a solid all round kicking game? Sign me up. Make it happen Seibs, get Croft on board.

I'd prefer Croft over Sezer or Chad. Higher risk higher reward.
Chad is... Well he's Chad. I don't think he's a bad player but he ain't worth a dime over 300k. He's just... He's okay. He doesn't have another level in him. Sezer I'd be happy with, he's an elite goal kicker which adds a lot of value.

Out of the lot though, Croft has by far the most potential to be a 10 year player. If Dearden is as good as he's hyped to be, there's no reason he can't make a go of it at 6.

Chad is... Well he's Chad. I don't think he's a bad player but he ain't worth a dime over 300k. He's just... He's okay. He doesn't have another level in him. Sezer I'd be happy with, he's an elite goal kicker which adds a lot of value.

Out of the lot though, Croft has by far the most potential to be a 10 year player. If Dearden is as good as he's hyped to be, there's no reason he can't make a go of it at 6.

From all the lower grade footage I’ve seen, Dearden plays more naturally like a 6 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.