Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I spelled it correctly.

On Folau, yes please. He’d be the best value contract in the game as I imagine he’d be on the cheaper side.

If Lodge can be our captain Folau sure as shit can play for us.
Seriously doubt he'd be cheap. If he's ever allowed to play NRL (which I'm confident he probably won't be) then every club in the game would be able to make him an offer. The guy hasn't gone anywhere that wasn't about money first and foremost, going all the way back to the time he signed to play for GWS. The guy is a total mercenary and he'd cost us plenty and he'd be gone just as quickly if someone else could offer him more.

if i went on twitter and said what Folau said (in my work uniform), then I would have been terminated in about 3 seconds flat for breaching my companies social media policy ... and no-one would have made a fuss about it (like they did with the millionaire)
I have never heard of such a strict social media policy and I work in a relatively senior corporate role. Though in this day and age I am not calling you a liar and wouldn't be surprised that this is the case. I definitely don't want to sound American but whatever happened to free speech? I know its not in our constitution or statutory declaration of rights but the left is turning our society into a nanny state. Well, this is getting too political so I will get back to footy.

I hope the club doesn't jump too quickly to appease the fans and media and sign someone quickly. Folau needs to prove that he still has it and has the fitness to play fullback, these 2 tests may provide that. Also, I believe Croft is too young and also needs time to develop, we already have that in Dearden. We need an experienced half that can mentor Dearden and also that he knows that his path isnt blocked so he won't leave. What if we get Croft and we put Milford back to 5/8, Dearden might believe he won't see first grade again and leave.

I hope the club doesn't jump too quickly to appease the fans and media and sign someone quickly. Folau needs to prove that he still has it and has the fitness to play fullback, these 2 tests may provide that. Also, I believe Croft is too young and also needs time to develop, we already have that in Dearden. We need an experienced half that can mentor Dearden and also that he knows that his path isnt blocked so he won't leave. What if we get Croft and we put Milford back to 5/8, Dearden might believe he won't see first grade again and leave.
I think this point is one of the better reasons to not chase Croft. Not because it will upset Dearden, but I just think Croft may need time to click for us and time isn't a luxury we really have. To a fair extent, he's a project we'd need to work on over time, just like Ash Taylor would be and by the time we wait for Croft or Taylor to click, Dearden may already be pushing for a First Grade start.

We need someone who is more experienced and can probably slot in quicker and with less disruption and get us in a competitive spot as a side for a season or two, which I think fits Sezer perfectly.

Dearden realistically should be able to see that as the short term play it is and be confident in himself to work hard for the Seagulls and trust that his own ability will put Sezer out of a job in 1-2 years time.

Last edited:
I have never heard of such a strict social media policy and I work in a relatively senior corporate role. Though in this day and age I am not calling you a liar and wouldn't be surprised that this is the case. I definitely don't want to sound American but whatever happened to free speech? I know its not in our constitution or statutory declaration of rights but the left is turning our society into a nanny state. Well, this is getting too political so I will get back to footy.

Look I am not getting into the rest of your dribble and at the end of the day if you are happy to support someone that actively discriminates against and abuses people for their sexuality and then hides behind his 'faith' then that is your choice.

But I am sick to death of hearing this bullshit about 'what happened to free speech'. We still have free speech, nothing has changed with free speech. You had it yesterday, have it today and will still have it tomorrow.

Free speech means you can say whatever you want without persecution, not without consequence. It means that you can say what you want and the government won't throw you in prison or provide other methods of persecution. It absolutely DOES NOT mean that you can say whatever you want and not lose your job or suffer other consequences. There is a huge difference between persecution and consequence and as someone who works in a relatively senior corporate role I am amazed you do not know this.

Last edited:
Look I am not getting into the rest of your dribble and at the end of the day if you are happy to support someone that actively discriminates against and abuses people for their sexuality and then hides behind his 'faith' then that is your choice.

But I am sick to death of hearing this bullshit about 'what happened to free speech'. We still have free speech, nothing has changed with free speech. You had it yesterday, have it today and will still have it tomorrow.

Free speech means you can say whatever you want without persecution, not without consequence. It means that you can say what you want and the government won't throw you in prison or provide other methods of persecution. It absolutely DOES NOT mean that you can say whatever you want and not lose your job or suffer other consequences. There is a huge difference between persecution and consequence and as someone who works in a relatively senior corporate role I am amazed you do not know this.

Lol he hasn't abused anyone. He isint exactly hiding behind his faith, if anything he is doing the opposite. And have you ever considered that you are actually discriminating him in saying that he should not be able to express his beliefs?

people seriously need to forget about Folau ... he will never play rugby league in Australia again ... and he is at long odds to play for Tonga.

Lol he hasn't abused anyone. He isint exactly hiding behind his faith, if anything he is doing the opposite. And have you ever considered that you are actually discriminating him in saying that he should not be able to express his beliefs?

My mistake, I forgot it is a badge of honour rather than abuse for a homosexual to be told they are going to hell.

In terms of discriminating against him, not at all. He is welcome to practice his faith as long as that practice does not impinge on the rights of others. He is allowed to live his life stringently not being a homosexual as his faith demands, but he is not allowed to use his faith to attack others that have the right to be a homosexual.

Last edited:
My mistake, I forgot it is a badge of honour rather than abuse for a homosexual to be told they are going to hell.

In terms of discriminating against him, not at all. He is welcome to practice his faith as long as that practice does not impinge on the rights of others. He is allowed to live his life stringently not being a homosexual as his faith demands, but he is not allowed to use his faith to attack others that have the right to be a homosexual.

I tick a couple of boxes from the list he posted, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Last edited:
I tick a couple of boxes from the list he posted, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Yeah so do we all, but it is very different to have it said over drinking and whatever the other bullshit and being a homosexual and had that said about you given the context of the way that group has been treated throughout recent history, but you know that.

Yeah so do we all, but it is very different to have it said over drinking and whatever the other bullshit and being a homosexual and had that said about you given the context of the way that group has been treated throughout recent history, but you know that.
They could also choose to not let it effect them, but of course you know in this age of outrage that would never happen.

Last edited:
They could also choose to not let it effect them, but of course you know in this age of outrage that would never happen.

Sets a dangerous precedent if we just start telling everyone to 'choose' not to let things affect you.

Guess we should all just start walking around abusing people with coloured skin, learning difficulties, cultural differences, etc and it's their fault if they let it affect them.

No one deserves abuse because they are different from someone else in some way. No one.

Last edited:

Implying that I do not know the difference between persecution and consequence when your argument is wrong shows your level of intelligence. Australia has no law that upholds free speech, we are subject to a variety of laws restricting free speech, including defamation laws, hate speech laws, sexual harassment laws, and laws against threatening others.

Furthermore, explain to me how he abused people due to their sexuality? He said they would go to hell, that is not abuse that is offensive, which is their choice to be offended. You can't legally prevent someone from "offending" another person, because offense is not entirely an objective external reality. Part of it lies in the subjective perception of the other individual. If someone is offended by being told that they will go to hell, when statistically they are most likely not religious, then they get offended too easily. You implying that I should know the difference between persecution and consequence due to my job is offensive but you won't lose your job over it.

Last edited:
Sets a dangerous precedent if we just start telling everyone to 'choose' not to let things affect you.

Guess we should all just start walking around abusing people with coloured skin, learning difficulties, cultural differences, etc and it's their fault if they let it affect them.

No one deserves abuse because they are different from someone else in some way. No one.

Sets an even more dangerous precedent to regulate what people can and can't say. There are some important skills to learn in life when it comes to being resilient to what other people say.

In my opinion, freedom of religion is implied in the constitution which is why Folau is taking the ARU to court. Freedom of speech doesn’t exist, freedom of political expression/ communication does.

Last edited:

Well why don't we go back to the days where you can call black people offensive names and tell them they are going to hell? They should just choose not to let them affect them right?

Last edited:
In my opinion, freedom of religion is implied in the constitution which is why Folau is taking the ARU to court. Freedom of speech doesn’t exist, freedom of political expression/ communication does.
I agree with your opinion @Battler and you are right about freedom of political communication but unfortunately, the majority of us aren't afforded this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Midean
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.