Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I think it escalated big time this year. Dont think he has been anywhere near as bad previously.
Of course, but Parker or any respected old boy said to him last year is more than fair enough.

I think Boyd has a victim mentality. Him vs the world, and I believe Bennett planted the seed.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Further to my last reply, as a university teacher, I’ve given marks for effort even though I’m not supposed to; I can somewhat sympathise. But, I’m not doing that person any favours in the long run as they simply aren’t good enough. I’ve learned this over a decade or so.

the absolute kindest thing I can say is that they aren’t good enough, can scrape by with theory and communication, but should seek out something they are actually good at. I’ve done this many times. This is what annoys me about the Darius situation.

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Of course, but Parker or any respected old boy said to him last year is more than fair enough.

I think Boyd has a victim mentality. Him vs the world, and I believe Bennett planted the seed.
I'm not quite sure how he had a victim mentality. He just stood up for himself against somebody who was bang out of order.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I'm not quite sure how he had a victim mentality. He just stood up for himself against somebody who was bang out of order.
Hey, I’m not disputing that Parker was out of order, but I’ve lived a somewhat similar life to Boyd and I understand the victim mentality, not that I agree with it at all, though I’ve gone through the same stuff. I’m not at all saying I’m better or anything, I’m totally not. If my life was put under the public microscope that his was, I wouldn’t come out looking all that great, either.

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
Parker is a legend, not only one of our best players but can see into the future too.

Last edited:

Cult3

State of Origin Captain

Based on what?

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo

****, I'm late for the two minutes hate again. This is all Goldstein's Bennett's doing!

kooly87

QCup Player
Get off your soap box mate and don't assuming nor "put words in my mouth" so to speak.
Well if a player being perceived as cocky or arrogant, despite having never had a single personal interaction with them yourself, was enough for you to decide the Broncos should completely write off Ponga in the future, then it's only logical that you must have felt the same about all those guys too. They don't come cockier and more full of them self than Wendell. I didn't have to put the words in your mouth, you did that all yourself.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Based on having no quality parents.
Wait, having no quality parents inherently means you have a victim mentality?

I think you'll find it's the contrary in most cases that parents abandon their children, the child is forced to become independent and hardened to the reality of life.

Not saying that's necessarily the case with Boyd, but I would certainly assume that's more common than not.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba

I think you'll find it's the contrary in most cases that parents abandon their children, the child is forced to become independent and hardened to the reality of life.

Not saying that's necessarily the case with Boyd, but I would certainly assume that's more common than not.
So you know first hand, huh? It’s true that you become independent and hardened, but the latter is just walls to hide the damage.

pagey

NRL Captain

I think you'll find the victim mentality is ever present in most that have had shitty upbringings, you always feel you've been the victim when you play it out in your head.
But you're right in most cases it makes you stronger and more independent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter