Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gawd, this is..............this is...................I don't know what the fark this signing is................ :ohheded:

Why the fark would we waste money on an old hooker when we are already trying to get rid of one..............this is stupid!

He’s the cam smith of super league

Last edited:
People going crazy thinking this Lunt guy is getting a 3yr deal and starting hooker... he's basically a tagatese signing because Seggy got done for drugs.

People should be rejoicing because it looks like he's signed as depth replacement for Seggy and Macca leaving

Turps
Paix/Lunt

I don't own a pitchfork .. But if we start signing 31 year old players in the eyes at looking to the future... Something is seriously wrong

Macca isn't going to be around for much longer and our only other options at hooker are Turpin and Paix who is a halfback that sometimes trains at hooker but is primarily a halfback. Both of which are very inexperienced.

Segeyaro's career is over and won't be playing anymore so Seibold decides to go out and sign an experienced hooker who has years of experience playing at the top level of the Super League and years of experience in finals and Grand Finals, something you can't get with a youngster.

We get depth and the youngsters get someone experienced to learn from. And we wouldn't be paying what Macca is on so we free up cap space.

That just sounds awful. Bad Seibold.

Oh gawd, this is..............this is...................I don't know what the fark this signing is................ :ohheded:

Why the fark would we waste money on an old hooker when we are already trying to get rid of one..............this is stupid!

Probably because this old hooker would cost less and if we get rid of Macca and replace him with an old hooker that costs less, maybe my math is bad but wouldn't that free up much needed cap space?

Lunt said in an interview in the past week that he feels fresh and feels like he still has a lot to offer as a player. I very much doubt he's coming here in a coaching capacity.

If it's true Macca is going to leave, then it's a decent enough signing. He'll offer experience and a bit of depth.
It's so Turpin can stay halfback.... :|
[automerge]1570925535[/automerge]
I really hope the player retiring is Boyd or Gillett and it's for 2020. I'm imagining the more likely scenario is Boyd announcing he is retiring at the end of 2020 (knowing he wont activate the 15 game clause and trying to save face like that time he "retired" from rep footy after not being picked... lol.

Last edited:
Macca isn't going to be around for much longer and our only other options at hooker are Turpin and Paix who is a halfback that sometimes trains at hooker but is primarily a halfback. Both of which are very inexperienced.

Segeyaro's career is over and won't be playing anymore so Seibold decides to go out and sign an experienced hooker who has years of experience playing at the top level of the Super League and years of experience in finals and Grand Finals, something you can't get with a youngster.

We get depth and the youngsters get someone experienced to learn from. And we wouldn't be paying what Macca is on so we free up cap space.

That just sounds awful. Bad Seibold.

Agendas dude, you can’t fight them or reason against them.

Thanks for the excellent info @Smokin' Joe.
What are your thoughts on the Jack Bird situation? Staying or going? Do you think he will play 1 or 6 if he stays?
Tah.

People going crazy thinking this Lunt guy is getting a 3yr deal and starting hooker... he's basically a tagatese signing because Seggy got done for drugs.

People should be rejoicing because it looks like he's signed as depth replacement for Seggy and Macca leaving

Turps
Paix/Lunt
Who said macca's leaving?
[automerge]1570928580[/automerge]
Probably because this old hooker would cost less and if we get rid of Macca and replace him with an old hooker that costs less, maybe my math is bad but wouldn't that free up much needed cap space?
Hasn't someone that we would need to pay a transfer fee?

Last edited:
Who said macca's leaving?
There's been rumours warriors are after him and Joe confirmed the rumours are real.

I suggested the signing of a depth hooker gives further evidence that Macca could be on his way out.

There's been rumours warriors are after him and Joe confirmed the rumours are real.

I suggested the signing of a depth hooker gives further evidence that Macca could be on his way out.

I hope to god this actually happens. It would be Christmas come early for me. I've never rated Macca and I genuinely feel like he has held us back for a decade. I feel like we are approaching the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thought Joe said it would come down to money, which imo will probably fall through as we need as much as possible. And this signing could be just to replace seggy, I hope it isn't but I ain't getting my hopes up .

Hasn't someone that we would need to pay a transfer fee?

He was off contract for 2020 and was being released. We won't need to pay a transfer fee.

He’s the cam smith of super league

No, thats James Roby!
[automerge]1570934929[/automerge]
This thread is becoming proof of how uncommon common sense truly is. I shake my head at some of these other posts in utter disbelief.

We could have probably got somebody like Mitch Cronin from Wynnum in for about the same price as a backup hooker, and i dont think he would have been any worse than Lunt. The only thing Lunt has in his favour is he used to be a very decent player, maybe a change of country may spark him a bit.

Last edited:
Looks like the Shaun Lunt signing was a joke by him.

The recent comments from Fifita are a bit worrying. Saying he will dig in for pre season, still has one year left then see what happens sounds to me like we arent that close at the moment with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Thelmus
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fatboy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Alec
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.