Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Isaako gets offered a ft fullback spot he might go maybe to the Titans they could offer him that but if I was the boss , I would go to Darius and say you need to do the right thing and give it away and let the next gen come through
Same with Glenn

Its the rorters that worry me.

I'm really getting sick of this shit.

I've been highly critical of our recruitment and retention in recent times, and rightfully so I feel, but this is one of those situations where, if we lose Oates, of course we'll be epically pissed about it....But we can't blame the club or anyone at it. Oates is forcing their hand by being so persistent with playing 2nd row, DESPITE being a gun winger in his own right. His timing is also pretty awful considering the forwards we have coming through, which we should NOT screw over just to satisfy one player.

Exactly, Oates is an off contract player who wants to play back row. If he chooses to leave, thats not on the Broncos.

It's gonna REALLY suck seeing Oates running around for Melbourne or the Rorters or whoever else decides to blow the shit off their cap to sign him, but we should prepare ourselves for that possibility NOW so it doesn't hurt as much when it does. I love Oates as a player, but all things considered his departure would not hurt us all that much.

Same with Glenn

we shouldn't even be thinking of getting rid of Glenn for at least the next 2 seasons ...

not only has he been one of our best most consistent forwards this season (and back end of last year) ... but he is also cheap

the problem with players today is they have no patience ... they are not prepared to bide their time and continue their development ... they all have to be starters immediately

Last edited:
I don't think he'll sign with the Rorters, he'd surely play wing there too, since they have Materson, Cordner and Radley. Melbourne would probably be the best option if he wants to play back row, he'd probably easily make the QLD side too with their structures and spine.

I don't think he'll sign with the Rorters, he'd surely play wing there too, since they have Materson, Cordner and Radley. Melbourne would probably be the best option if he wants to play back row, he'd probably easily make the QLD side too with their structures and spine.

The rorters are reportedly chasing Issako to replace Ferguson.

They can keep chasing. Isaako has already said he isn't going anywhere.
He would also not have the fullback spot in 3 years which he is going to get here. It would be a terrible career decision considering tedesco still has a lot of years in him

The rorters are reportedly chasing Issako to replace Ferguson.

Just signed Teddy, Crichton, Cronk, and Keary (recently for Keary) on huge money and have blokes like Radley, Manu, Mitchell, and Matterson that they need to upgrade, but never mind rorters 'fans'! They still somehow have the cap space to aggressively go after one of the brightest young talents in the game!

I just have the gut feeling Oates will go to the Storm, he'll get one season with Smith and Slater most likely and win the premiership as a result.

I just have the gut feeling Oates will go to the Storm, he'll get one season with Smith and Slater most likely and win the premiership as a result.
Ouch!
Must be money that’s calling him into the back row.
Pay him what he wants and leave him on the wing.

Ouch!
Must be money that’s calling him into the back row.
Pay him what he wants and leave him on the wing.

Much as I love Oates, I disagree. Offer him good wingers money, a strong role within the team including minutes in the back-row, when we can perhaps and that is all.

Otherwise we are distorting our cap to suit one good player. I never agree with that, particularly with the numbers of off-contract players we have.

If Oates leaves, someone else will come along. Where was Jamayne 12 months ago?

Last edited:
the problem with players today is they have no patience ... they are not prepared to bide their time and continue their development ... they all have to be starters immediately
I think that can be attributed back to the Toyota cup which seemingly ended up surpassing the reserve grade comp and created a lot of exposure for the under 20's players, who now feel entitled to a first grade position.

Just signed Teddy, Crichton, Cronk, and Keary (recently for Keary) on huge money and have blokes like Radley, Manu, Mitchell, and Matterson that they need to upgrade, but never mind rorters 'fans'! They still somehow have the cap space to aggressively go after one of the brightest young talents in the game!
The thing that annoys me is they just signed Radley (I think) for like 5 years, which is absurd for a young player with less than what 15 games.

He's clearly talented but either the rorters have offered him crazy money (apparently the media don't know this contract, yet they're privy to every other contract in the comp) or Radley has locked himself down to a long contract on less than what he's potentially worth in the near future.

Why would a young guy who's career could potentially sky rocket once he grabs a starting spot lock himself off from the market for the next 5 years???

Why would his manager allow him to sign a contract like that. To me there is something fishy going on there.

Same thing has happened with Liu (again no one seems to know his contract value) and most interestingly TKO (Taukeiaho) who to me is the closest to being a Tmol clone except he can play 80 and kick goals... seriously how has he seemingly not come off contract since joining the roosters yet once a forward plays for the Broncos apparently every team in the comp is after them.

It's like roosters players never come off contract or never receive offers from other clubs.

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me is they just signed Radley (I think) for like 5 years, which is absurd for a young player with less than what 15 games.

He's clearly talented but either the rorters have offered him crazy money (apparently the media don't know this contract, yet they're privy to every other contract in the comp) or Radley has locked himself down to a long contract on less than what he's potentially worth in the near future.

Why would a young guy who's career could potentially sky rocket once he grabs a starting spot lock himself off from the market for the next 5 years???

Why would his manager allow him to sign a contract like that. To me there is something fishy going on there.

Same thing has happened with Liu (again no one seems to know his contract value) and most interestingly TKO (Taukeiaho) who to me is the closest to being a Tmol clone except he can play 80 and kick goals... seriously how has he seemingly not come off contract since joining the roosters yet once a forward plays for the Broncos apparently every team in the comp is after them.

It's like roosters players never come off contract or never receive offers from other clubs.

They also recently re-signed Cordner who would have attracted big money offers without a peep from anybody.

Is this the right thread to talk about the Cleary's coming to town.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • MrRobot
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Splinter
  • Manofoneway
  • Thelmus
  • pennywisealfie
  • sooticus
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.