Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that annoys me is they just signed Radley (I think) for like 5 years, which is absurd for a young player with less than what 15 games.

He's clearly talented but either the rorters have offered him crazy money (apparently the media don't know this contract, yet they're privy to every other contract in the comp) or Radley has locked himself down to a long contract on less than what he's potentially worth in the near future.

Why would a young guy who's career could potentially sky rocket once he grabs a starting spot lock himself off from the market for the next 5 years???

Why would his manager allow him to sign a contract like that. To me there is something fishy going on there.

Same thing has happened with Liu (again no one seems to know his contract value) and most interestingly TKO (Taukeiaho) who to me is the closest to being a Tmol clone except he can play 80 and kick goals... seriously how has he seemingly not come off contract since joining the roosters yet once a forward plays for the Broncos apparently every team in the comp is after them.

It's like roosters players never come off contract or never receive offers from other clubs.

On Radley, he won't even be starting in the foreseeable future with the rorters backrow stacked the way it is. Maybe their plan is to piss off Friend and start Radley at hooker (which is clearly not his best position)? That would just exemplify the way that the rorters chuck players on the scrapheap... like how do other players not see what they have done to blokes like Jnik and stay the hell away from them? On the other side of the coin, how can blokes not see the way we look after players after they retire or after they've suffered serious injury(ies) and not take that into consideration? Either the cash is too good to refuse at the rorters (one way or the other if you take my meaning) or they only see the dollar figures over the X amount of years that their contract runs for.

I think that can be attributed back to the Toyota cup which seemingly ended up surpassing the reserve grade comp and created a lot of exposure for the under 20's players, who now feel entitled to a first grade position.

Agreed, however we seem to receive the most meltdowns per capita from players wanting to play different positions or start before they're ready. Some of them need to examine Wayne's track record when it comes to extracting the absolute most out of his young talent and bide their time. If they aren't students of history then they only need to look at Offa and TPJ.

Last edited:
Maybe their plan is to piss off Friend and start Radley at hooker (which is clearly not his best position)? That would just exemplify the way that the rorters chuck players on the scrapheap... like how do other players not see what they have done to blokes like Jnik and stay the hell away from them

Not to mention the club’s favorite son - Mitchell ‘I-love-doggies’ Pearce.

I dont get why young players sign with the roosters tbh. Its a massive gamble on their career. Theyve shown time and time again they will only look after players UNTIL it suits them. If you are out of form or no longer required you will “coincidentally” have a drug test taken. The list of players who have been thrown to the scrapheap if they have a bad season is ridiculous, regardless of their talent. Youd never feel secure. One big contract is pointless if you are under 25 and the rest of your career youre on half the money because your reputation is tarnished

Why the **** we bought Jack Bird, I will never know

yeah it boggles the mind wondering why they would try to recruit talented players

Boggles the mind as to where he will play. Roberts and Kahu centres, TPJ or Moose at lock. Are we going to be stuck with a glorified centre in the halves?

Boggles the mind as to where he will play. Roberts and Kahu centres, TPJ or Moose at lock. Are we going to be stuck with a glorified centre in the halves?

he would still be better than the current halfback we have ...

Maybe - even though he was injured, he was garbage. I think he's a centre or nothing, and we didn't exactly need a new centre. The money could have/should have gone to some other talented player.

Yeah this is the thing, those of us that really didn't see the need for him in the first place have never doubted his talent or suggested he isn't a really good player, he just really isn't what this team needed. The money could definitely have been better spent elsewhere.

Yeah I have to say I agree with comments on Bird.

I think he’s a great player and I’m sure he’ll do great things at our club but we have so much talent coming through in every spot but the halves that the money really could have been spent on our promising juniors and a halfback (who exactly I don’t know, which is a flaw in my comment).

Our backs are Boyd, Kahu, Roberts, Oates, Isaako, Pearson, Stagg, and Oppacec. Really any combination of those players will range from good and very cheap or very good and moderately expensive.

Our forwards are looking incredible to the point where we will struggle to fit all the players into our team. McGuire, Glenn, Gillett, TPJ, Su’A, Lodge, Offa, Fafita, Haas, and possibly Oates/Sims, Mago, Fai, Carrigen.

Our halves are Milford and .....

I’m a fan of Bird’s and I think he will kill it for us wherever he plays but it’s hard to argue that the money couldn’t have been better spent else where.

but the halves that the money really could have been spent on our promising juniors and a halfback (who exactly I don’t know, which is a flaw in my comment).

we were trying to sign a halfback, Ash Taylor, at the same time .... but even if we didn't chase Bird, we never would have increased the offer to him ... so clearly Bird didn't stop us from signing a halfback, just ridiculous offers from the Dragons and Titans did

I’m not concerned if Taylor reaches his potential or not. I don’t want him at the Broncs. Watching him wave his arms around at his team and without leading by example. I can’t see how he will fit in with Milf. Milf is slowly growing his influence as a leader on the field and I can’t see him sitting back and letting a smug Taylor take the lead. I want a 7 who can ‘serve’ the team. Maybe I’m being harsh on Taylor but he rubs me up the wrong way.

And on Bird. I just don’t know see where he fits in to our potential squad for next year. Can he spend the rest of the year and offseason doing everything he can to develop into a 7?

I’m not concerned if Taylor reaches his potential or not. I don’t want him at the Broncs. Watching him wave his arms around at his team and without leading by example. I can’t see how he will fit in with Milf. Milf is slowly growing his influence as a leader on the field and I can’t see him sitting back and letting a smug Taylor take the lead. I want a 7 who can ‘serve’ the team. Maybe I’m being harsh on Taylor but he rubs me up the wrong way.

I don't think you are being harsh at all, he comes across as a brat. In a lot of games this year he has been the one costing the team yet berates the other players like it is their fault that he fucked up the kick or the pass. His whinging to the ref constantly like he is some kind of hero also ***** me off. Lose some weight and have a dig you flog.

I don't think you are being harsh at all, he comes across as a brat. In a lot of games this year he has been the one costing the team yet berates the other players like it is their fault that he fucked up the kick or the pass. His whinging to the ref constantly like he is some kind of hero also ***** me off. Lose some weight and have a dig you flog.

He comes across exactly like a young footy player who was given a giant pay cheque before he should have been. Interested to see how his career goes, but I just don't get the feeling that we are watching a star of the game, and I don't think he will never reach the next level he needs to for him to be remembered when he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.