Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargan has agreed to terms with Newcastle.

What was his plan for life after Wayne anyway ?

I mean, surely TPJ would have been aware that Wayne wouldn't be coaching forever [emoji848]
Or maybe he wants to be coached by Wayne for as long as is possible and potentially doesn't want to be at a club that is looking to punt his mentor in what is appearing to be a very poor fashion with seemingly no better alternative.

I'd say as a hypotehtical if the board and CEO handled Bennett's departure with a bit more grace and showed him a little more respect then TPJ would be a bronco for life.

That is all based on media reporting though... behind the scenes broncos may be making massive plans to let Bennett use 2019 as a final year for the broncos and let it be a year long fair well party, but until they actually say something we have nothing to go off except the shit drudged up from the cess pool that is Australian Journalism

Last edited:
I assume most of our second grade halves are going to be released due to the fact that Bennett has no faith in their capability of playing NRL.

He's refused to look further than Bird or Nikorima as our halfbacks. We have several older experienced halves leading their sides around the park every week and have been doing so since Bird and Nikorima were in highschool. (Nona, Scarlett, Murphy)

An older player with experience at winning games at halfback on a regular basis is what we have needed this year. This kind of oversight and narrow minded methodology can be seen as reason to doubt Bennett.

If I were in charge I would give Bennett 2019 to finish up his coaching career as the legend he is. During 2019 we could spend the year assessing our options in order to make the right decision on our long term coach and signings for the 2020 season. Possibly able to sort out the 2020 roster with our future coach well before the start of the season.

I assume most of our second grade halves are going to be released due to the fact that Bennett has no faith in their capability of playing NRL.

He's refused to look further than Bird or Nikorima as our halfbacks. We have several older experienced halves leading their sides around the park every week and have been doing so since Bird and Nikorima were in highschool. (Nona, Scarlett, Murphy)

An older player with experience at winning games at halfback on a regular basis is what we have needed this year. This kind of oversight and narrow minded methodology can be seen as reason to doubt Bennett.

If I were in charge I would give Bennett 2019 to finish up his coaching career as the legend he is. During 2019 we could spend the year assessing our options in order to make the right decision on our long term coach and signings for the 2020 season. Possibly able to sort out the 2020 roster with our future coach well before the start of the season.

Do you even watch those 3 guys you mentioned? Murphy has been solid, but the other 2 are nowhere near Nikorima. Nona especially when i've seen him as been dreadful. IIRC, he was even dropped from Wynnum's side at one point.

Last edited:
Plus you're probably bringing in Paix 9, Boyd 6 and Dreardon 7.

Maybe.

Murphy has been out for over a month with a hammy problem. Bit hard to pick him for NRL.

Dargan has agreed to terms with Newcastle.
Does Newcastle understand they need more than just halves in their top 30?

Pearce, Lamb, Cogger, Hazard, Watson and Johns in the top 30 already and now Dargan.

No wonder they’ve been lingering at or around the bottom for so long.

Pearce, Lamb, Cogger, Hazard, Watson and Johns in the top 30 already and now Dargan.

Meanwhile we can't find a halfback in the whole wide world.

Lamb is off to the Roosters.

Last edited:

Lamb & Cogger are leaving. Hazard and johns haven’t been playing NSW cup they aren’t close to playing first grade right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • MrRobot
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • upthehorse
  • Adammacca
  • Galah
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.