Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne sounds like he's going to try and coach from the grave through some futuristic AI assistant, so if TPJ feels that way about playing under Wayne maybe there's nothing we can do about him leaving. Not as long as the club is deadset on getting rid of Wayne.
And what will TPJ do when Wayne pulls up stumps in 2 years time at Penrith or Broncos

With Cleary coming out this morning announcing he "intends" to honor his current contract with the Tigers, seems like Bennett is a genuine chance to land at Penrith.
Wayne leaving doesn't bother me, but the fact that TPJ hasn't put pen to paper on a new contract with Brisbane due to his management dramas does worry me.
We all know TPJ and Wayne are pretty close, and I am fairly confident Penrith would love to take TPJ if they do land Wayne..
Hopefully Wayne takes Darius and leaves behind TPJ..
Makes me a little worried.

Gus will never hire Wayne ... he wants a puppet ... Wayne is just as "old school" as Griifin

There is no way TPJ is leaving. We saved his career.

Yeah, that one lost me too. TPJ was one of the most highly regarded juniors in the U20s.

Anyone around here got a coaching accreditation? Send Wayne on a Jetstar holiday to Phuket, we could pool together our flybuys points.
No need, I have close to a million frequent flyer points so I'll upgrade WB as well. Seriously, I love WB and I'll back him to unite the gang. I hope he shoves it down the boards throat after winning the gf.

No need, I have close to a million frequent flyer points so I'll upgrade WB as well. Seriously, I love WB and I'll back him to unite the gang. I hope he shoves it down the boards throat after winning the gf.

:)

I'm not sure if everyone remembers how long it took Taumalolo to fully develop into the player he is now.

Tevita is progressing much quicker.

Lolo used to have a bit of Dave Taylor about him, luckily he knuckled down and realised his potential.

I take that last comment back. Just checked both their ages. Taumalolo was in the 2015 grand final at Tevita's age and won the Dally M the next year.

I take that last comment back. Just checked both their ages. Taumalolo was in the 2015 grand final at Tevita's age and won the Dally M the next year.

But you are correct - Taumalolo was in the first grade side as soon as he was 18, and took 3-5 seasons to get to where he is now. IIRC TPJ didn't debut until 2016 (at age 20), so he's only been going 2 seasons so far.

EDIT: JT debuted at 17yrs, 2mths. Must have been before the current rules. Definitely way earlier than TPJ.

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter how long they took to start maturing, just that as long as TPJ reaches close to Taumalolo's level, we'll be massive winners (as long as he stays with us too).

So.. what are the options for coach in 2019?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    153.8 KB · Views: 138
I reckon Neil Henry deserves another shot and maybe entice Mal Meninga as well. Those two did pretty well setting up the dynasty for the Maroons

With regards to Mal Meninga State of Origin success during the heights of Queensland talent (and the lowpoint of NSW as well) in the modern game is one thing, success at club level (which presents many more challenges and over a longer period) is another and his time coaching at the Raiders wasn't impressive. As for Neil Henry not the worst suggestion but he wouldn't be at the top of my list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Fitzy
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • Strop
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.