Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing as trades in the NRL.

Were you living under a rock when manly and the cowboys traded Michael Bani for Ben Farrar???

I vividly remember waking up for uni that day and seeing it blasted on all media outlets non stop

Michael Bani lol, man that guy sucked.

Were you living under a rock when manly and the cowboys traded Michael Bani for Ben Farrar???

I vividly remember waking up for uni that day and seeing it blasted on all media outlets non stop

I brought that up with a bunch of Cowboys fans a few months ago. I remember when that happened, they were ropeable and couldn't believe Farrar wasn't being held to a king's ransom. With the benefit of hindsight, I don't think the trade was that bad. It wasn't like Farrar went onto become Kalyn Ponga or anything and the Cowboys really needed some pace in their backline.

Bani wrote a really good piece on what it's like to be an NRL footballer, it was one of the earlier Player Voices articles I remember reading.

Yeah, I remember it. The only trade in the history of the game although it didn't exactly make front page headlines. The Cowboys aren't going to trade away Clifford just for SOS. The Broncos may have to chuck in S'ua as part of the deal.

Do we need Clifford if we are already heavily banking on Dearden? At his age, we aren't really going to find out if Dearden is really the one of at least 3 years IMO, so there's no point bringing Clifford now.

Last edited:
BRONCOS, EELS CHASING PONGA
THERE is much interest in Kalyn Ponga’s next NRL contract with Brisbane and Parramatta rumoured to have him under notice.
Ponga is the third-highest paid player at the Knights behind halfback Mitchell Pearce and front-row enforcer Dave Klemmer but is clearly their biggest star and best player.
He is under contract until 2021 but it hasn’t stopped clubs from making early inquiries, which is perfectly legal. Ponga will become a $6 million player over five years with his next contract.
It’s interesting that Ponga’s father — and not his manager Wayde Rushton — has been the one driving the early contract renewal talks with the Knights.

Buzz Rothfield.

Can't see him leaving the Knights, but I would just forward a proposed contract to his manager, 5 year deal, $1.5m per year.

Can't see him leaving the Knights, but I would just forward a proposed contract to his manager, 5 year deal, $1.5m per year.
$1.5 is probably pushing it, but **** im sure he could get some good third parties in Brisbane... $1.2m for as long as he wants and give him captaincy if he wants it too.

Don't think we could afford both Milford and Ponga at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.