Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the rumour on triple M (Sydney) Sunday footy show that broncs are resigned or very close to letting Fifita go and going hard for Cody Walker who is available to field offers Nov 1! Same segment had Jack Bird all but confirmed at Penrith.

Yuk! Cody walker, milf and an 18yo half..... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That's a bit scary.

Just heard the rumour on triple M (Sydney) Sunday footy show that broncs are resigned or very close to letting Fifita go and going hard for Cody Walker who is available to field offers Nov 1! Same segment had Jack Bird all but confirmed at Penrith.

i wouldn't believe that shit

Ok then, as I clearly have no clue, let me see if I understand, club brings back a 7 time premiership winning coach and doesn’t afford him the retention and roster ownership to win? Wayne so graciously obliged and has no power to hire and release players? Wayne has no say over Boyd’s appointment and subsequent re-signing?

Just to be clear, Wayne was never bought back to be sacked a few years in, just as Seibold has been granted the keys to castle in his second year, Wayne was also afforded the same luxury/power coming in

I dont think you understand tbh, they didnt afford him total control over our cap and recruitment. You are putting words into my mouth as i clearly said he is part of the process. I'm also not saying and never has said Wayne has no input. Clearly he would identify players he wants to sign and wants to keep alongside Lockyer and Nolan, maybe White as well. Once they have had a chat to any players on their radar, White and Lanigan ( who is in control of our cap ) would be having a conversation about what we can afford to offer and for how long, then it would be up to the player and his manager to negotiate with them the terms of their contract. Again, Wayne, along with others would have an input, but he doesnt have the final say, Louise Lanigan does.

Seibold also has to go through the same process Wayne did. It used to be Wayne, Lockyer, Nolan, White and Lanigan, now its Seibold, Lockyer, Nolan, White and Lanigan.
[automerge]1569118773[/automerge]
Wayne’s recommendation in conjunction with retention recruitment and approved by others. Blame lies at the feet of all of them and that due process should be part of the review. Sadly we will feel the effects well into 2021.

Thats right. People seem to have this weird theory Wayne controlled the cap when he simply didnt. On the flip side though, look at the players he tied down. Haas contract could prove to be an excellent bit of business.

Last edited:

It’s probably BS but I think I’d give up on Brisbane if it were to happen.

Last edited:

I know that is wrong for a fact. Bird will not be at Penrith. Dylan Walker will be signing with Penrith very soon. You can take that info to the bank.

Ok, quick update, Brodie Croft will NOT be signing with us for next year, that I guarantee 100%. He is 99% to remain at the Storm now, but in the small likelihood that he doesn't, he will follow Adam O 'Brien (who wants him there) to the Knights to play 5/8 with Pearce at halfback.

The search continues and I have no idea who we will aim for now. I am still hoping for Sezer or Foran.

Last edited:
I dont think you understand tbh, they didnt afford him total control over our cap and recruitment. You are putting words into my mouth as i clearly said he is part of the process. I'm also not saying and never has said Wayne has no input. Clearly he would identify players he wants to sign and wants to keep alongside Lockyer and Nolan, maybe White as well. Once they have had a chat to any players on their radar, White and Lanigan ( who is in control of our cap ) would be having a conversation about what we can afford to offer and for how long, then it would be up to the player and his manager to negotiate with them the terms of their contract. Again, Wayne, along with others would have an input, but he doesnt have the final say, Louise Lanigan does.

Seibold also has to go through the same process Wayne did. It used to be Wayne, Lockyer, Nolan, White and Lanigan, now its Seibold, Lockyer, Nolan, White and Lanigan.
[automerge]1569118773[/automerge]

Thats right. People seem to have this weird theory Wayne controlled the cap when he simply didnt. On the flip side though, look at the players he tied down. Haas contract could prove to be an excellent bit of business.

Wtf are you going on about, how do I not get it,
I stand by original comments, there is no doubt that the ONLY reason Boyd is here and subsequently re-signed is because of Wayne, IF WAYNE didn’t want him Boyd WOULDNT be here. Are you telling me the club would have committed a further 4 years if Wayne didn’t want him?

I also said that it’s the clubs fault for bowing down in giving a 30 year old Boyd a massive 4 year player option deal.

It’s easy to offset the best signing decision against the worst though, isn’t it. Kinda proves the point a bit in terms of clutching at straws.

For every bad signing, there are probably a couple of better ones. And its not all down to one person. Same at every club really, not every deal is going to work out.

Wtf are you going on about, how do I not get it,
I stand by original comments, there is no doubt that the ONLY reason Boyd is here and subsequently re-signed is because of Wayne, IF WAYNE didn’t want him Boyd WOULDNT be here. Are you telling me the club would have committed a further 4 years if Wayne didn’t want him?

I also said that it’s the clubs fault for bowing down in giving a 30 year old Boyd a massive 4 year player option deal.

You seem to be under the impression Wayne has some amazing control over 4 other people. They didnt bow down at all, they all agreed. Even if Wayne said sign him up for 4 years, there were 4 other people who could have said it was a bad idea. 4 other people who could have vetoed the idea. And they didn't, they all agreed on the deal.

You can stand by whatever comments you like, you are still wrong. It wasnt all Wayne Bennett. There is no argument about it, unless Wayne suddenly can overrule a CEO, a board member, Chief recruitment officer and salary cap manager, and then get control of the clubs finances so he can sign off on paying these blokes, then he wasnt the ONLY reason Boyd got signed for 4 years. You also cant really say Wayne is the ONLY reason Boyd is here, then in your last sentence say its the clubs fault as well. Its contradictory. Its either Wayne by himself, or its the whole recruitment and retention team.

Let me put it to you this way; would Boyd have been recruited if WAYNE never came back?

I dont think we would ever know. Possibly, as we were in the market for a fullback, and Boyd was in the early days of getting his act together in terms of his mental demons, so it would have made sense for him to come back to Brissy at the time.

It's mostly on him. I think all reasonable people know that.

It wasnt though. Sensible people who know how recruitment and retention work, who see things without bias, realise its not on one bloke. Obviously, he is a player Wayne wanted to keep. Generally, i think every coach instigates bringing players to the club that will suit them as a coach. That will be the same at all clubs. Its just whether the deals can be done.

I think at the time he renewed most people thought 4 years was way too long. I myself said at the time his contract value was a fair one, but i'd have only given him 2 years. I find it a bit odd that Nolan, Locky and to a lesser extent, White all though 4 years was a good deal as well. Same as the deal Gillett ended up with, didnt make any sense to me. I dont absolve Bennett from any responsibility for his deal, but i just wont cop people giving him the lions share of the blame when that's just not correct.
[automerge]1569126271[/automerge]
You’d make an awesome politician ;)

I probably wouldnt!

Tbf, at the time, our fulback options were probably Hoggman, Kahu, Barba and Strasser. Not much to choose from!

Last edited:
You seem to be under the impression Wayne has some amazing control over 4 other people. They didnt bow down at all, they all agreed. Even if Wayne said sign him up for 4 years, there were 4 other people who could have said it was a bad idea. 4 other people who could have vetoed the idea. And they didn't, they all agreed on the deal.

You can stand by whatever comments you like, you are still wrong. It wasnt all Wayne Bennett. There is no argument about it, unless Wayne suddenly can overrule a CEO, a board member, Chief recruitment officer and salary cap manager, and then get control of the clubs finances so he can sign off on paying these blokes, then he wasnt the ONLY reason Boyd got signed for 4 years. You also cant really say Wayne is the ONLY reason Boyd is here, then in your last sentence say its the clubs fault as well. Its contradictory. Its either Wayne by himself, or its the whole recruitment and retention team.

Ok, we obviously have different opinions and as such we could probably go back and forth all afternoon, let’s just agree to disagree

Ok, quick update, Brodie Croft will NOT be signing with us for next year, that I guarantee 100%. He is 99% to remain at the Storm now, but in the small likelihood that he doesn't, he will follow Adam O 'Brien (who wants him there) to the Knights to play 5/8 with Pearce at halfback.

The search continues and I have no idea who we will aim for now. I am still hoping for Sezer or Foran.

and where are you getting this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morepudding
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • something
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.