Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
At risk of stirring up a hornets nest.. it was just announced that Israel Folau will be playing for Tonga in their Rugby League internationals later this year against Great Britain and Australia.

Maybe trailing for an NRL contract? If Greenturd allows it, of course.
I don't give a shit about the whole "controversy" but I just flat out don't like the guy. He's a shit ****. First he left Melbourne for a big offer with us, then bailed on us for the next big offer after we cleared the decks to sign him.

He'd also be a cancer on the club, last thing we want in a team of young guys is some hot shot who thinks he can do whatever he wants without consequence. Good player no doubt though... But he can **** off.

Fixed it. You're welcome

Pretty sure I spelled it correctly.

On Folau, yes please. He’d be the best value contract in the game as I imagine he’d be on the cheaper side.

If Lodge can be our captain Folau sure as shit can play for us.

Last edited:
I would be watching Sezer carefully here, we could potentially snag ourselves a Grandfinal winning half back in the form of their career and all we have to do is give them a offer.

Canberra have already Committed to another half next year and they are a game away from a GF with a 7 that has already been told he won't be in their plans for next season, like think about that for a second.
I Don't want Croft, another young basket case is the last thing this club needs.

At risk of stirring up a hornets nest.. it was just announced that Israel Folau will be playing for Tonga in their Rugby League internationals later this year against Great Britain and Australia.

Maybe trailing for an NRL contract? If Greenturd allows it, of course.

RLIF are going to block it.

Doesn't sound like it: “I don’t want to bring any of my personal matters into this and I am grateful that the RLIF have endorsed my availability,” Folau said in a TNRL media release.

NRL are saying differently. No application has been made and it's yet to be discussed by the directors. Beattie is deputy chairman of the board and Greenberg is one of the directors. It's doubtful it's going to be approved.

He isn't a registered Rugby League player and I'm pretty sure you have to be to play it professionally.

NRL are saying differently. No application has been made and it's yet to be discussed by the directors. Beattie is deputy chairman of the board and Greenberg is one of the directors. It's doubtful it's going to be approved.

He isn't a registered Rugby League player and I'm pretty sure you have to be to play it professionally.
NRL have no say in international rugby league though.

NRL don't have anything to do with Israel Folau playing for tonga, that's the RLIF's responsibility.

NRL don't have anything to do with Israel Folau playing for tonga, that's the RLIF's responsibility.

Two members (that I know of) of the NRL hierarchy are on the RLIF board, Beattie being the Deputy Chairman of the board. And I think the NRL would know whether an application has been made.

Plus Beattie has confirmed a decision has not been made yet.

RL is trying to improve it's reputation after a couple of years of serious off field behavior. Izzy will never play another game in the sport.

RL is trying to improve it's reputation after a couple of years of serious off field behavior. Izzy will never play another game in the sport.

Like Russell Packer, Matt Lodge, Mitchell Pearce, Shane Flanagan and Dylan Walker?

Like Russell Packer, Matt Lodge, Mitchell Pearce, Shane Flanagan and Dylan Walker?

Difference is those players knew what they did was wrong and won't continue doing what they did.

Folau on the other hand... Different story.

Is that really the case with Flanagan?

Well apparently he did submission to the NRL admitting fault and contrition which is why he is allowed back,

For all the 'poor Izzy' stuff it is the fact that he will not apologise and continues on with his hate speech that no one will touch him. One instagram post admitting he should not have posted that and every code would be after him again.

Well apparently he did submission to the NRL admitting fault and contrition which is why he is allowed back,

For all the 'poor Izzy' stuff it is the fact that he will not apologise and continues on with his hate speech that no one will touch him. One instagram post admitting he should not have posted that and every code would be after him again.
Why is everyone so concerned with what he said, it is only words. Do we live in such a politically correct world that when a person says what he 'belives' that means he shouldn't play NRL. This is how he chooses to live with his faith, yes he shouldn't of put it on social media but since when did you have to believe or internalize everything you hear or read. Have you not ever offended someone? Did you lose your job over it? Everyone needs to harden up and stop being so offended by everything. If you are not religious than I assume you do not believe in hell, then why do you care that he said you would go to hell? We have NRL players that have sexually assaulted, physically assaulted, have been jailed for nearly killing someone, drug possession and you want to stop someone from playing because they said something offensive, harden up.

Have you not ever offended someone? Did you lose your job over it?

if i went on twitter and said what Folau said (in my work uniform), then I would have been terminated in about 3 seconds flat for breaching my companies social media policy ... and no-one would have made a fuss about it (like they did with the millionaire)

Why is everyone so concerned with what he said, it is only words. Do we live in such a politically correct world that when a person says what he 'belives' that means he shouldn't play NRL. This is how he chooses to live with his faith, yes he shouldn't of put it on social media but since when did you have to believe or internalize everything you hear or read. Have you not ever offended someone? Did you lose your job over it? Everyone needs to harden up and stop being so offended by everything. If you are not religious than I assume you do not believe in hell, then why do you care that he said you would go to hell? We have NRL players that have sexually assaulted, physically assaulted, have been jailed for nearly killing someone, drug possession and you want to stop someone from playing because they said something offensive, harden up.

Mate don't come on this forum talking so much sense, your sure to upset some of the forum members. We need to keep demonizing Falou for regurgitating his religious beliefs, and put our support behind Matt Lodge for captain ok. Lets not worry about about what happened in NYC or the accusations of domestic abuse by his ex partner 👍

It's a bloody upside down world we live in tell you what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.