Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is it takes the last spot in your 30 and it then can't be Tesi promoted to Perese's spot.
Tesi would be available from June 30 onwards though, which under this season will be about round 7-8

Tesi would be available from June 30 onwards though, which under this season will be about round 7-8

You don't know that if the season format changes- June 30 might have no relevance anymore. Also he is not contracted next year so if another club comes along and says you're in our top 30 while Brisbane have you as a development player things start to not look so attractive at Brisbane maybe.

In a short season I would say you wouldn't be allowed to use development players.

Contracts are on hold now so you can't register players anyway but have to get that balance right and use that last spot wisely because if you make a call for now it could bite you next year when things go back to normal.

Last edited:
The fact the Glenn offers the same service as McCullough sadly and Glenn or Teo can play centre if required i a backline reshuffle says there us no reason it couldn't.

There is a big reason, Seibold picks the team and he likes to carry a genuine outside back on the bench...

Last edited:
There is a big reason, Seibold picks the team and he likes to carry a genuine outside back on the bench...
Having 2-3 backrowers who are all capable of playing centre may change that though

Did you actually read or listen to what Ikin said? He didn't cry or whinge about anything just couldn't believe that the Titans wouldn't see more value in Te'o than Brisbane.

“If I was a club CEO looking for a back-rower with a bit of punch and a lot of experience he would certainly fit the bill,” Ikin said.

“For mine that club and that CEO should be the one about an hour south of Brisbane at the Gold Coast Titans.
“They need all the experience and professionalism they can get at the moment. They need some bolstering of their pack.
“Ryan James went down at the start of the year. I know Anthony Seibold has flagged his interest, but if I was Justin Holbrook I would be having a good long hard look at Ben Te’o."

The crying comment was hyperbole. It’s the pattern with the media, especially nrl 360, that pisses me off. Off the top of my head:
- the broncos should sell tpj to Souths because we have too many strike forwards (what the hell does this even mean?).
- there’s no way the broncos can afford to sign Fifita (implying that we’re rorting the cap if we sign him).
- constantly attacking Lodge for one incident which he’s redeemed himself for when there are blokes in the nrl who have done worse.
- ripping on Bennett endlessly until he went to Souths.
- the broncos should pass on Te’o because the poor titans need him more.

I really liked T'eo in his NRL tenure but I'm not in favour of his signing right now.

Gun as he was, he's getting a bit long in the tooth for the coin he'd want, and we're simply not wanting for second rowers.

Not sure how true it is, but i saw a figure of 400k touted for Teo's signing. That would be as stupid a piece of business as we have ever done.

I dont think we really need him. I loved him when he was here all those years ago, but i'm not convinced right now he would be a good signing unless it was for minimal money, which wont happen.

Not sure how true it is, but i saw a figure of 400k touted for Teo's signing. That would be as stupid a piece of business as we have ever done.

I dont think we really need him. I loved him when he was here all those years ago, but i'm not convinced right now he would be a good signing unless it was for minimal money, which wont happen.

i read the article ... what they were saying is that Te'o would need to sacrafice 400k if he was to come back to the Broncos ... which would put his contract with us at minimum wage.

apparently he is on a 500k contract with the Sunwolves which ends in May.

the article also said that at this stage the club hasn't had talks with Te'o or his manager.

i read the article ... what they were saying is that Te'o would need to sacrafice 400k if he was to come back to the Broncos ... which would put his contract with us at minimum wage.

apparently he is on a 500k contract with the Sunwolves which ends in May.

the article also said that at this stage the club hasn't had talks with Te'o or his manager.

100k would be a much better deal

Having 2-3 backrowers who are all capable of playing centre may change that though

We have it now with Glenn and Fifita...

It could be right, I just don’t see it. Seibold could go with a whole bench full of forwards now, if he wanted to.

He just doesn’t seem to want to. Not seeing much reason why Ben T’eo changes that, assuming he does actually sign...

I’m not sure Te’o has centre in him anymore anyway. He’s a second rower with his older and less agile body.
Agree, may as well use Glenn if we wanted a 2nd rower at centre.

Te'o would play off the bench in the forwards imo, just go on and hurt ***** for 20 odd mins a game.

With the way I see Hoppa when he comes on he has a lot of aggression in him and not scared to put his body on the line, he's who we want.
Agree, may as well use Glenn if we wanted a 2nd rower at centre.

Te'o would play off the bench in the forwards imo, just go on and hurt ***** for 20 odd mins a game.

Teo would be nice, but honestly that’s probably a fair portion of nostalgia coming in to the mix. We’re not desperate to fill that position, but on minimum sort of dollars, sure. Why not? Although, I wonder what the young guys currently getting their chance would make of it?

Te’o around the group would only be beneficial, training next to a pro with such experience and toughness can only be helpful to the younger players.

I would be all for it for $100k especially towards the end of the year where his experience could really benefit us. I know he left the broncos but he’s never been far away, he hangs with some of the players and on occasions being around training when he’s been home from union

The 2014 version of Te'o would be nice to have.

He can hit hard like TPJ, except more consistently, without getting suspended or penalised.

I’d be happy to see the club pick up Te’o on a nice cheap deal. Qld cup is gone for the year so none of the one guys are going to be getting the runs on the board to have them first grade ready so having a seasoned veteran hanging around the joint can’t hurt.

I doubt that the NRL would approve a bottom dollar contract for a player with his record.

You don't know that if the season format changes- June 30 might have no relevance anymore. Also he is not contracted next year so if another club comes along and says you're in our top 30 while Brisbane have you as a development player things start to not look so attractive at Brisbane maybe.

In a short season I would say you wouldn't be allowed to use development players.

Contracts are on hold now so you can't register players anyway but have to get that balance right and use that last spot wisely because if you make a call for now it could bite you next year when things go back to normal.
It's of course entirely possible you wont be allowed to use development players, but that notion is not giving any consideration to the possibility that the 30 man roster limit might also be set aside this year to allow for players who cannot or will not be prepared to play in isolation or away from home for extended periods, which I think is almost certainly going to happen at not just our club but probably several clubs, and the NRL is definitely going to have to give some ground on this front. Seems to me that would be the perfect instance to allow clubs to use development contract players really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.