Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Teo is a great signing tbh - more as a mentor for the young pack than an actual player, though I'd also expect to see him get a few games as part of the player rotation Seibs has talked about to try and avoid burning out the young guys. I know they have the likes of Parker, Thaiday etc around the club still, but the reality is it's a very young pack and having a few older heads around them can only be good. Teo's played at the highest levels of the game, he knows what it takes. I think it's a great move personally.
If there is one thing i would like from the teo signing, in addition to depth, would be for him to teach our younger second rowers to run some lines and hit gaps (i hope he has not lost this ability since playing union).

Having fifita, tpj, hoppa, bullemore etc hitting gaps could really take us to the next level.

The experience, hard edge and mentorship that he will bring to our young guys alone is worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
His signing makes complete sense with Seibolds adopted rotation plan. What a handy player to have available at the end of the year should we want give a Fifita a rest leading into the finals so he's fit and raring to go or if TPJ suspended or if Glenn's hammies decide to play up. He's clearly a positive influence on our young pack as Fifita already spoken about the advice he's received from Teo so his professionalism will only rub off on our young playing group. Astute signing by Seibs.

He's also been playing as a Centre in Rugby so he's quite possibly still able to cut it in our Centres too which would mean assuming we play two Middle Forwards on our Bench, plus a Utility and an Outside Back, it might mean Te'o could be selected instead of that Outside Back depending on who we are playing and who would be the best fit.

He's also been playing as a Centre in Rugby so he's quite possibly still able to cut it in our Centres too which would mean assuming we play two Middle Forwards on our Bench, plus a Utility and an Outside Back, it might mean Te'o could be selected instead of that Outside Back depending on who we are playing and who would be the best fit.

Centres in Rugby are not like centres in League, they are much closer to backrowers which is why many backrowers have transition to Rugby well.

Centres in Rugby are not like centres in League, they are much closer to backrowers which is why many backrowers have transition to Rugby well.
Yeah, I played both games and certainly understand the difference. I'm not suggesting he'd be an ideal Centre, just pointing out he could help provide some coverage from the Bench if needed.

Article from Badel in relation to the Te'o signing, nothing really new, pretty much just saying that Seibold has said he'd love to have him if he becomes available.

He did however say that the two spots in our top 30 are only for the minimum ($100K) and Seibold is unwilling to sign anyone to multi-year contracts as he wants to spend the 2021 onward cap space we have to re-sign Fifita, Niu & Farnworth to long-term contracts.

**BADEL WARNING***
Said on 360 last night Niu will re-sign with the club, on a 2 or 3 contract.

Article posted tonight from Badel confirming this even further.

Also said that Niu is first cousins with Fifita, didn't know that. Certainly increases our chances of keeping Dave if we can lock down Tesi.

Now reporting oats for another 2 seasons, hope that’s fucking wrong!

Now reporting oats for another 2 seasons, hope that’s fucking wrong!
He has a player option for 21/22. No one would want him. Bit like the Milford situation.
PO are going to be the death of this club. They need to stop.

Last edited:
He has a player option for 21/22. No one would want him. Bit like the Milford situation.
PO are going to be the death of this club. They need to stop.
Fucking player options...they will definitely be the end of this club. The only people who will use them are the ones out of form and know they won’t get a higher price somewhere else. God damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.