Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Seriously hope he plays in the centres if he comes. Other than fullback, that's the spot that most suits him IMO.

Tend to agree, I'm trying to think what might be the best combination for us next season, there's still a couple of variables.

A) We grant Hoffman a release; Barba plays Five-Eighth

1 - Karmichel Hunt
2 - Dale Copley
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Jordan Kahu
5 - Daniel Vidot
6 - Ben Barba
7 - Ben Hunt

B) We grant Hoffman a release; K.Hunt plays Five-Eighth

1 - Ben Barba
2 - Dale Copley
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Jordan Kahu
5 - Daniel Vidot
6 - Karmichael Hunt
7 - Ben Hunt

C) We don't grant Hoffman a release; demands Fullback

1 - Josh Hoffman
2 - Dale Copley
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Karmichael Hunt
5 - Daniel Vidot
6 - Ben Barba
7 - Ben Hunt

D) We don't grant Hoffman a release; plays wing (1)

1 - Karmichael Hunt
2 - Josh Hoffman
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Jordan Kahu
5 - Daniel Vidot
6 - Ben Barba
7 - Ben Hunt

E) We don't grant Hoffman a release; plays wing (2)

1 - Ben Barba
2 - Josh Hoffman
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Jordan Kahu
5 - Daniel Vidot
6 - Karmichael Hunt
7 - Ben Hunt

-

There's a probably a million other different combinations if Karmichael does indeed return to the Broncos.. but one can only imagine that he'll be playing Fullback or Five-Eighth, unless for some reason Jordan Kahu finds his way into the Five-Eighth position despite us signing Karmichael.. I suppose we could potentially see something like..

1 - Ben Barba
2 - Josh Hoffman
3 - Jack Reed
4 - Karmichael Hunt
5 - Daniel Vidot
6 - Jordan Kahu
7 - Ben Hunt

TL;DR - We have 1,000,000 combinations for 2014, if we sign Karmichael.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Personally and with a couple of assumptions (the biggest one being Karmichael formally signing) this is the best backline I think we can field in 2014:

1. Barba.
2. Hoffman.
3. Reed.
4. Hodges.
5. Yow Yeh.
6. Karmichael Hunt.
7. Ben Hunt.

If Karmichael doesn't sign, Strasser or Marmin (or some left field signing) should take 5/8. The remainder of our backline at full-strength should remain per above.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'll be so happy if Karmichael Hunt comes back to the club. I don't care where he plays because I know he will succeed.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
I'll be so happy if Karmichael Hunt comes back to the club. I don't care where he plays because I know he will succeed.

Totally agree, such a talented player who will do great wherever he is put on the field

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The more I think about signing Karmichael for 2014 onwards, the more I like it.

We can have an entire season to test out Barba at Fullback, K.Hunt at Five-Eighth, B.Hunt at Halfback - Come 2015 we simply just have to make the decision of who performed the least out of K.Hunt and B.Hunt, if the answer is K.Hunt, we simply slot Milford into Five-Eighth and move Karmichael to the Centres / Wing, if the answer is B.Hunt, we don't re-sign him, slot Milford into Halfback.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Interesting. Just seems odd considering pre-season with the suns etc.

You will still do the preseason wherever you are contracted until that changed. Fitness is fitness no matter what jersey you wear

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Seriously hope he plays in the centres if he comes. Other than fullback, that's the spot that most suits him IMO.

Completely agree

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

You said it! Was my Favourite player before he left and don't hold grudges. He will be amazing for us. I really hope he signs

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Was never a favorite of mine because he is such an arrogant son of a bitch and I felt like he personally shafted us fans when he left BUT I am desperate for my team to again rise to the top and I believe he has something to offer us in this regard

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I just hope that if we do sign Karmichael Hunt, that we're not breaking the bank to get him

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
You will still do the preseason wherever you are contracted until that changed. Fitness is fitness no matter what jersey you wear

True, but he'll need to build up some bulk to come back to the NRL.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I just hope that if we do sign Karmichael Hunt, that we're not breaking the bank to get him

If my calculations are somewhat correct..

We would've had at least $400k kept aside in the salary cap for 2014 in the event that Milford was released, we'll have an extra $400k or so if we release Hoffman, we'll have an EXTRA $400k or so if Kennedy is suspended, as speculated..

$1.2m room left for 2014, give or take.. It would all depend on how much we'd have to pay him for 2015 onwards, as we'll need as much cap space as possible to sign Cameron Smith.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Theres absolutely no quotes or information of any kind in that article, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that he just saw the rumour on Facebook / Twitter (Which spawned on this website) and made out it's a done deal.

I don't. Dan Koch doesn't usually just make shit up, and he seems to be the broncos little errand journalist, when they want to start a story coming out it often comes from him

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Lets hope his time in the gayfl has given him a great long kicking game (our most pressing concern). Plus in sure he will not have lost his ability to organise a team which is our number two issue.

1. Barba (don't see him being successful at 5/8th and he is the best fullback)

2. Hoffman (vidot)

3. Reed

4. Hodges (kahu, copely, vidot, mills)
5. Yow yeh (vidot)

6. k hunt (with a much improved kicking game)

7. B hunt (with more consistency)

doesnt look bad at all

on a side note. I doubt Kennedy will be banned for a year (if anything a couple months it was allegedly only possession). But even if we do, for once id be happy with thaiday in frf. Would give oates a go in the forwards and in case of injury we have lowrie and stagg. Prop rotation of thaiday hannant moose and hala isn't too bad at all at least as a stop gap solution... Especially if macca is on form

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
True, but he'll need to build up some bulk to come back to the NRL.
Which is why I can't see him playing anywhere but FB, as least in the first season... Hope not though!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Please no to Karmichael or Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • marw
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.