Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Funnily enough, my first customer today is a corporate sponsor for the Broncos (pretty much since their inception!) and she was telling me her favourite player is Wallace. She then went on to say he reminds her of Allan Langer and Darren Lockyer in their prime in how skillful he is. I told her he's not with us next year and she was very disappointed, saying we'd lost such a great talent.

It's a shame I wasn't in a position to disagree :laugh:

Pfft...chicks and footy amirite lads?!?

Is Karmichael Hunt pre-season training with the Suns atm ?

This.

Todd carneys coming in 2014. This is pretty much confirmed

Awesome news, I assume you joined the forums to share this little nugget of information? That's dedication to the troll....

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Moosehead said:
I posted a few days ago - and aside from the 'helpful' comments about people not naming sources - I am now so excited about Wallace possibly leaving - I just cant help myself!

Rooster with ties to Ipswich - that was Martin Kennedy. Kennedy was on the fringe of Origin - and was keen to sign with the club for his chance to play with other young QLD origin players... I dont know if this is referring to our current origin stars or some new signings.... so read into that what you will!!

The Raiders back is McCrone - and yes I know he is under contract... but things change.

As mentioned I heard this from a current NRL player - so I am still not going to name them.

While there are other players I would sign before these two - I am stoked to hear that the club is finally getting active in the player market!

This is the last rumour that Moosehead posted, just so everyone knows, wasn't exactly accurate.. I think we might be getting our hopes up.

moosehead

moosehead

BRL Player
Jul 4, 2013
Cant get them all right - and as mentioned repeatedly these are just the rumours I have heard.

And yes - Milford is at Raiders training today.

Not going to reveal my source - otherwise he will stop being my source!

I bleed maroon and I have both heard very similar things - check out his posts too. This makes me feel more confident that there is indeed merit to some of the rumours that I have heard and passed on.

I am proud Broncos fan and I have my fingers crossed that some or all of the before addressed rumours prove to be true.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I have no issue with Moosehead or I Bleed Maroon.
They made it clear that their posts were based on rumours, albeit from reasonably reliable sources.
They also have the runs on the board to be taken seriously enough.

The only thing that will happen if posters don't understand the meaning of the word rumour, and start bagging people that bring us early news, is that they'll stop sharing that info with us.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Exactly right, which is why I warned fans about treating these rumours as gospel.

It's just the nature of news like this, it changes all the time and some info is a little outdated.

Take the Bellamy rumour. Would you call Lockyer a liar because he thought that he was signed sealed and delivered to us? Course not.

Echoing Porthoz' sentiment when I say that I appreciate members share their info and put their credibility on the line. It adds a lot to this site and if nothing else generates some healthy speculation.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
those rumours posted last night have made it to facebook ... lol

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Interesting. Just seems odd considering pre-season with the suns etc.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Open secret now by the looks of it.

Broncos ready for Hunt's return

KARMICHAEL Hunt will announce his return to the Broncos in the next two weeks. Hunt, who made history in becoming a three-code star, will end his three-year stint with AFL club Gold Coast for what could be his greatest challenge - rebuilding the Brisbane empire.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously hope he plays in the centres if he comes. Other than fullback, that's the spot that most suits him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • broncoscope
  • marw
  • Skyblues87
  • Seibs
  • jd87
  • Nerd
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.