Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If we get Smith, I'll be a lot more confident in whoever plays in the halves. Great service, and strong organisation and leadership - the halves can just play their natural attacking games.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If those were my options for next season.. I think the team I'd run out in Round 1 with would be..

1. Barba
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Vidot
6. K.Hunt
7. Milford
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. B.Hunt
15. Hala
16. Lowrie*
17. Glenn

* = Pending Martin Kennedy being suspended

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Reputation on the line Moose, I hope you're right. Honestly not sure what we'll do with Khunt though...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Reputation on the line Moose, I hope you're right. Honestly not sure what we'll do with Khunt though...

Perhaps he's just a straight up replacement for Hoffman, if we can secure K.Hunt for $400k a season or less, and we release Hoffman, it's a great trade off.

moosehead

moosehead

BRL Player
Jul 4, 2013
My original wording was " a young Canberra back (5/8) " and after further information from a second source it really did appear that it was McCrone coming our way rather than Milford.

As I said then - I am just passing on the information that I have heard from credible sources.

The information that I have passed on tonight is from a person I truly trust - and even so - I caution you that until the official announcement it is all just rumour! But as you say Harry - they are rumours I am putting my reputation on the line for - so here's hoping!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think I just figured it out.

If Martin Kennedy is indeed suspended for 1 season, we won't be required to pay him, giving us LOTS more money under the cap for 2014.

Meaning that Milford & K.Hunt for 2014 is probably actually a reasonable prediction.

- Kennedy @$400k
- Hoffman @$400k

+ Milford @$400k
+ K.Hunt @$400k

Rough figures of course, plus I believe we still have a decent amount of wiggle room under the cap anyway.

2015 becomes a different story once Kennedy is back and we supposedly are signing Cameron Smith.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Aye moose and like I said, I appreciate you sharing this info with us.

I just hope people don't get too ahead of themselves and start jotting names down and rating our premiership chances and get all upset when it doesn't pan out. You're doing us a favour.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If I was Karmichael, I'd be looking at the Titans. He lives there right now, and they have a horrendous fullback. He'd actually make them genuine contenders IMO, provided he retains most of his skills.

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
All sounds very good - but you cannot plonk KH in at 5/8th when he has been away from the game for 2 or 3 years and he wasn't any good i the halves the couple of times he played there - if you look at Izzy returning to Rugby - he took to it like a duck to water and his ball skills have improved amazingly but kh is a different person - - to me he would now make a great centre - BYE BYE REED
BARBA
VIDOT
K HUNT
ONE OF MANY
HODGES - KAHU FOR A WHILE UNTIL HE GETS BACK PLAYING
MILFORD
HUNT
MCGUIRE
MC CULLOUGH
HANNENT
GLENN
THAIDAY
PARKER

HALA
REED
GILLETT
FORGET THE BLOKES NAME FROM THE WARRIORS PREVIOUS STROM

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kennedy hasn't even been issued with an infraction notice yet, a whole lot has to happen before talk of him having to sit out any length of time becomes a reality.

Broncos went cold on Hunt months ago and if Milford plays next season it will be for the raiders, Canberra won't be conceding.

Smith has apparently been as good as done for weeks now.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The ONLY thing better than getting Smith for 2015

would be getting Smith for 2014.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
All sounds very good - but you cannot plonk KH in at 5/8th when he has been away from the game for 2 or 3 years and he wasn't any good i the halves the couple of times he played there - if you look at Izzy returning to Rugby - he took to it like a duck to water and his ball skills have improved amazingly but kh is a different person - - to me he would now make a great centre - BYE BYE REED
BARBA
VIDOT
K HUNT
ONE OF MANY
HODGES - KAHU FOR A WHILE UNTIL HE GETS BACK PLAYING
MILFORD
HUNT
MCGUIRE
MC CULLOUGH
HANNENT
GLENN
THAIDAY
PARKER

HALA
REED
GILLETT
FORGET THE BLOKES NAME FROM THE WARRIORS PREVIOUS STROM
Mate, ease up on the caps lock.

On topic, I really hope K.Hunt isn't true.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Fighting Irish, are you related to Fourex? You both seem to have an unhealthy hatred for red-headed players... :laugh:

moosehead

moosehead

BRL Player
Jul 4, 2013
Looks like I BLEED MAROON has been hearing the same things...he has posted in the Rumour Alert! Cameron Smith.. comment #611

Re: Rumour Alert! Cameron Smith...
I have some news from my source who reported Barba and Milf weeks prior. A ****load went down today, apparently. All of this will be formally announced before Christmas. I will be posting across multiple threads: Milford, K. Hunt and Kennedy ASADA.

This will be our line up in 2014:

1. K. Hunt
6. Barba
7. Milford
9. McC
14. B. Hunt

And Cameron Smith has agreed to terms for 2015 onwards. My source wouldn't speculate on the dollar value or length of contract but expects it to be north of a million a season as the media have reported. Either McC or Hunt will not be retained. The other is expected to be mentored by Smith.​

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Funnily enough, my first customer today is a corporate sponsor for the Broncos (pretty much since their inception!) and she was telling me her favourite player is Wallace. She then went on to say he reminds her of Allan Langer and Darren Lockyer in their prime in how skillful he is. I told her he's not with us next year and she was very disappointed, saying we'd lost such a great talent.

It's a shame I wasn't in a position to disagree :laugh:

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Inb4 I Bleed Maroon, Moosehead and "The Source" are all the same person.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Barba is definitely our best fullback next season, additionally b hunt and Milford (if rumour is true) our definitely our best halves pairing while macca is our best 9 and Granville arguably our best 14. Everyone else has to fit around that. No trying to accommodate players by shuffling the deck. K hunt has to fit into the outside backs and with Hodges injury would most likely be a starter at least until his return. I would highly doubt asada or the nrl has sanctioned Kennedy yet although i would not be surprised if the broncs stood him down to avoid damage to their brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • mitch222
  • Scdeac
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.