Broncos positivity thread

The nrl will try frantically to blow up our tyres this year knowing we are their cash cow. They want the Broncos fans to stay engaged or their ratings will plummet... let's hope they bring in the 2nd Brisbane team soon so we can start getting the same salary cap leg ups a lot of other teams do. If the titans aren't winning with another SEQ team in they will sink and the NRL know it, they aren't worried about us..... but the 2020 tv ratings had scared them shitless, they think some tyre pumping will fix it hahaha..

I look at our squad and think:.did our players somehow hit their heads and forget everything they learned up to under 14s only to try and relearn it.
You look at Turpin and hes great until he literally runs himself into the ground. Pacing yourself is something you should pick up fairly early. It's the same with Milford, but he' seems to have not gotten past that kids desire for fast food. Some our squad love to run but bot tackle. Some lose the desire to compete after a setback. Others seem shy to talk.
I say this here because youve got to think they are readily rectifiable with the right approach. If Kevin can get some of them past these things (if not all) we are going to be a far better team.

Surely this is a positive!!!!!

Screenshot 20201215 201816 Outlook

Is that a good salary for a physio, especially one working for a high profile club? I thought they needed an OP of 1?
It's shit. I'm on more and I don't give up my weekends and I have 5 years experience.

A lot of physios go into it thinking they want to become sports physios but it is not what it seems. Worse pay then hospital unless you own your own practice with a few others working for you, give up your weekends, and same 3 or 4 injuries 90% of the time in your sport. And you're also often not trying to "fix" injuries, but rather "manage" them. And massage is not evidence based and is tiring to do all the time yet it's a big part of what athletes want.
So yeah, a club would have to get lucky to get a good one for what they are offering, unless someone is very career driven and wants to throw it on there cv (although physios are often subcontracted for away club games as extra or do junior/lower division games for an NRL club and throw it on their CV anyway so not much benefit there either). They may get lucky with a mum or someone who wants odd work hours as well..

It's shit. I'm on more and I don't give up my weekends and I have 5 years experience.

A lot of physios go into it thinking they want to become sports physios but it is not what it seems. Worse pay then hospital unless you own your own practice with a few others working for you, give up your weekends, and same 3 or 4 injuries 90% of the time in your sport. And you're also often not trying to "fix" injuries, but rather "manage" them. And massage is not evidence based and is tiring to do all the time yet it's a big part of what athletes want.
So yeah, a club would have to get lucky to get a good one for what they are offering, unless someone is very career driven and wants to throw it on there cv (although physios are often subcontracted for away club games as extra or do junior/lower division games for an NRL club and throw it on their CV anyway so not much benefit there either). They may get lucky with a mum or someone who wants odd work hours as well..

I have no idea about physio work but that sounded very illuminating.

A lot of football staff can make more money elsewhere but the big lure is working for an NRL team. Corvo is making more money teaching at the moment!

A lot of football staff can make more money elsewhere but the big lure is working for an NRL team. Corvo is making more money teaching at the moment!

Speaking of Corvo, is he coming back?

The nrl will try frantically to blow up our tyres this year knowing we are their cash cow. They want the Broncos fans to stay engaged or their ratings will plummet... let's hope they bring in the 2nd Brisbane team soon so we can start getting the same salary cap leg ups a lot of other teams do. If the titans aren't winning with another SEQ team in they will sink and the NRL know it, they aren't worried about us..... but the 2020 tv ratings had scared them shitless, they think some tyre pumping will fix it hahaha..

I'm not sure the NRL in Brisbane can recover from another year like 2020. There's too much competition for our eyeballs to put up with that crap.

NEXT YEAR WE'VE GOT KEVIE!

Last edited:
Apparently, Herbie is 10th, Staggs is 6th and Coates is 2nd fastest in the NRL.
Wind assistance / Track conditions / GPS driven data

Im certain this isn't how they would finish in a legit sprint over a track or playing field.

Id bet my house on it that Dylan Brown isnt faster than Herbie over 100m

you know what is a positive:
We have a talented group of players that if they all played well we could win a premiership... therefore alll we need to fix is their defence and underperforming

Here's a positive that has become clear the past few days: as bad as things have been and will be for us in the short term, we're clearly cutting out some seriously malignant tumors within this playing group. Boyd, Fifita, Joe O and Hopoate; there's four turds we've flushed in recent times right there, and Roberts wasn't that long ago either. As the likes of Barba, Dave Taylor and Carney have proven, you can have all the talent in the world (clearly I'm not referring to Hopoate), but if your attitude stinks like an Indian restaurant bathroom, you're going nowhere. That's exactly why Milford should be very worried about this upcoming season but we all know he couldn't give a ****.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • DrGee
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Spoon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brocko
  • Astro
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Kev_Guz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Volvo Driver
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.