Broncos positivity thread

Well given the Wuhan press conference is an absolute waste of time and resources, let's talk about the Broncos' ground zero - was it the Dugan signing / non-signing or the Inglis flightless plane?
Ground 0 was Karmichael Hunt and Petro leaving the club. Honestly since that period the club hasn’t had much go for it. Couple times missing the 8, a bunch of first round finals losses, a wooden spoon and a heart breaking grand final loss.

Ground 0 was Karmichael Hunt and Petro leaving the club. Honestly since that period the club hasn’t had much go for it. Couple times missing the 8, a bunch of first round finals losses, a wooden spoon and a heart breaking grand final loss.
Get out of this thread you!

Next year should be so much better with Dearden there getting a full pre-season in the big team.

Well given the Wuhan press conference is an absolute waste of time and resources, let's talk about the Broncos' ground zero - was it the Dugan signing / non-signing or the Inglis flightless plane?
Just not in this thread

Here's something to be positive about: Hook is determined to secure McC for this season, and we are intentionally playing hardball for a change so that they take on his full contract. I just hope the club isn't doing so because they're panicking at the idea of entering a write off season with one top grade hooker.

Not conceding 117 points against the Roosters next year would even be a positive.

That would be my benchmark of improvement this year.

ln1EzLa.gif

Hopefully this is the right spot for this ... has anyone ever thought of compiling a thread of the lame-ass predictions that so-called pundits make before the season even starts ... then reviewing said predictions at season's end and jamming 'em down the throats of aforementioned "pundits" in the hope that they will find some other, more substantial, mode of employment like draining septic tanks. Fox Sports luminary, Mark St John, has already pegged us for the spoon in September ... how??? ... I look forward to feeding him some chunks of humble pie off my own wooden spoon come that day.

Hopefully this is the right spot for this ... has anyone ever thought of compiling a thread of the lame-ass predictions that so-called pundits make before the season even starts ... then reviewing said predictions at season's end and jamming 'em down the throats of aforementioned "pundits" in the hope that they will find some other, more substantial, mode of employment like draining septic tanks. Fox Sports luminary, Mark St John, has already pegged us for the spoon in September ... how??? ... I look forward to feeding him some chunks of humble pie off my own wooden spoon come that day.
Yeah, it's called a "tipping comp."

Is it really that crazy that someone has picked a team for the wooden spoon that was clearly the worst team in the comp the season prior with the main change being an untested coach?

He had to pick some team, what position would you accept us being predicted at?

Being in the positivity thread i am confident we will be better than last year but hardly going to string anyone up suggesting we will be wooden spooners without any evidence we have turned it around.

Is it really that crazy that someone has picked a team for the wooden spoon that was clearly the worst team in the comp the season prior with the main change being an untested coach?

He had to pick some team, what position would you accept us being predicted at?

Being in the positivity thread i am confident we will be better than last year but hardly going to string anyone up suggesting we will be wooden spooners without any evidence we have turned it around.
I get that ... but there's no evidence we haven't turned it around. My point is more about the futility of predicting anything with the coach and player carousel that runs full tilt at this time of year ... seems like a pointless exercise to me.

(All Stars) How good to see Riki score a try whilst making D. Fifita look like a goose in the process.
Those two really are at opposite ends of the second row spectrum. Fifita is incredible at unstructured running and breaking the line without any sort of run-up, whereas Riki runs his structured lines fast and hard every time.

Last night showed how easy it is to shut down Fifita and how hard it is to stop Riki.

Side note, last night when Maori where down to 12 men Riki ran across to the opposite side of the field to help make a tackle, then ran back to his spot the next play. He seems like a good team player.

Those two really are at opposite ends of the second row spectrum. Fifita is incredible at unstructured running and breaking the line without any sort of run-up, whereas Riki runs his structured lines fast and hard every time.

Last night showed how easy it is to shut down Fifita and how hard it is to stop Riki.

Side note, last night when Maori where down to 12 men Riki ran across to the opposite side of the field to help make a tackle, then ran back to his spot the next play. He seems like a good team player.
Riki also had the awareness to 'tackle' one of his own players as he was being dragged to the sidelines.

It's one of those 1% tactics that other teams do, but we don't seem to be aware of when it's happening in the game

Last edited:
Riki also had the awareness to 'tackle' one of his own players as he was being dragged to the sidelines.

It's one of those 1% tactics that other teams do, but we don't seem to be aware of when it's happening in the game
Was it a good tackle though?

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.