Broncos re-sign Tronc for 2 years

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... more-years

LIKE the prodigal son returning home, Shane Tronc packed his bags in England in April preparing for another stint in the Queensland Cup with Redcliffe.

Yesterday the 28-year-old prop signed a two-year deal with Brisbane Broncos, who initially recruited him for the rest of 2010 after things turned sour at Super League club Wakefield. The deal is a dream come true for the Brisbane-born father of two who played in North Queensland's 2005 grand final side after being signed from Redcliffe.

``My wife Amy and I decided we didn't want to live in England any more so I got a release from Wakefield and was going to just turn up at Redcliffe like a long-lost son and ask for a game,'' Tronc said.

``Then at the 11th hour the Broncos threw me a lifeline.

``It's a great relief to be home and to have my future settled.

``The fact the Broncos have so many good young players on their books was a key ingredient in my decision. The club has an exciting future and it's a privilege to be allowed to be part of it.''

Tronc's workrate in his nine NRL games with Brisbane has been exceptional, with assistant coach Anthony Griffin rating the 113kg giant one of the club's most consistent performers.

``The fact the Broncos have so many good young players on their books was a key ingredient in my decision. The club has an exciting future and it's a privilege to be allowed to be part of it.''

lol. He says that as if he had a choice.

I like Tronc and I am happy they signed him. With a bit of fitness training he should really be able to contribute something. He's so consistent and has a uncanny ability to offload the ball with 3 guys on top of him.

A good signing for us.

He would've come fairly cheaply, and is a good, hardworking, experienced forward who can help teach these young guns of ours the way of the world.

He and Hannant will be a good starting rotation for us next year.

Nashy said:

I'm sure he had other offers on the table.

Still hope we sign Sims. He has been pretty good the last few games.

Mister Wright said:
Still hope we sign Sims. He has been pretty good the last few games.

I agree, Sims has been great of late

Yes, Sims has been great of late, but he needs to produce some kind of form over a whole season rather than three to four game spurts. Don't get me wrong, I am a Sims fan, but he needs to do more.

On Tronc, glad we've extended his contract.

tkday said:
Nashy said:

im 100% certain there would be another 5-6 teams that would GLADLY take Tronc off our hands. hes cut from the same cloth as players like Civoniceva. big metre eaters, consistent, has the ability to offload, and is a good defender.

this is great news. with him in our forward pack for the next 2 years along with Thaiday we're already halfway there to having a premiership contender pack.

Anonymous person said:
tkday said:
Nashy said:

im 100% certain there would be another 5-6 teams that would GLADLY take Tronc off our hands. hes cut from the same cloth as players like Civoniceva. big metre eaters, consistent, has the ability to offload, and is a good defender.

this is great news. with him in our forward pack for the next 2 years along with Thaiday we're already halfway there to having a premiership contender pack.

and add Hannant to the mix and we have a really strong starting pack

Im glad Bronc is staying with the Troncos.

I know, I'm lame.

seriously tho, good news, I reckon hes quite the player and doesn't seem to be one of these on the drink all the time idiots.

Yes, I heart Troncy :D
He's a good player, very happy to have him re-signed.

Great signing... now move on to our next target. Sims.

Great news!!!

Just on Sims; I'm more than happy for the Broncos to resign him, but we need to offer him a lesser contract. He is reportedly one of our highest paid players, and he's not even playing first grade regularly. It's a waste of cap that we could be using elsewhere.

If he takes the reduced salary then great, we have some more depth. If he doesn't, then it's no real biggie IMO.

Clintos said:
Great news!!!

Just on Sims; I'm more than happy for the Broncos to resign him, but we need to offer him a lesser contract. He is reportedly one of our highest paid players, and he's not even playing first grade regularly. It's a waste of cap that we could be using elsewhere.

If he takes the reduced salary then great, we have some more depth. If he doesn't, then it's no real biggie IMO.

agreed icon_thumbs_u

ningnangnong said:
Yes, Sims has been great of late, but he needs to produce some kind of form over a whole season rather than three to four game spurts. Don't get me wrong, I am a Sims fan, but he needs to do more.

On Tronc, glad we've extended his contract.

Problem being is he has only been given good game time and a chance the past 6 or 7 weeks. The guy is a talent and i have been saying it all along. Everytime he plays for the Broncos almost always he perform's well.

He just needs to be given a chance and he will continue to produce the goods IMO. But if next year he is going to be playing Q Cup for the first half of the season then we should get rid of him.

I'd hate to see him leave but if he isnt going to be used well then he should look else where to find a team that actually use his full potential!!

Donny said:
Everytime he plays for the Broncos almost always he perform's well.

Disagree with that. It's obvious he has the talent, but he hasn't been using it consistently enough for us.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • pagey
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.