RANT Broncos Realistic Spine options for the Next year or so

Not to hate on Isaako because he is clearly first grade material but I mean have we really seen much actual fullback play from him?

When Niu played there last year he looked like an actual fullback because he has excellent support play, can pass quite good and gets involved in setplays, he is little small I think for a modern fullback and was very error prone though.

But that's the kind of things you want from a Fullback.

Well maybe not his biggest strength but he runs better than he passes, when he actually elects to do so.
His passing game is much better than his running. He needs to run a lot more, my guess is the amount of defensive work is limiting his running. I'd really be interested in his output if only playing 60mins.

His passing game is much better than his running. He needs to run a lot more, my guess is the amount of defensive work is limiting his running. I'd really be interested in his output if only playing 60mins.

I disagree. His energy and running is far better than his passing technique or selection. The issue is, as you said, that his running game has disappeared - likely due to playing too many minutes and the work load he gets through.

I disagree. His energy and running is far better than his passing technique or selection. The issue is, as you said, that his running game has disappeared - likely due to playing too many minutes and the work load he gets through.
That affects his passing though too when he’s making 50-60 tackles a game. He’s buggered to do anything significant in attack.

Taking that three step run and pass for the Croft-to-Bullemor play is a good thing he should continue to look to do in getting over the advantage line and passing for the forwards

That affects his passing though too when he’s making 50-60 tackles a game. He’s buggered to do anything significant in attack.

Taking that three step run and pass for the Croft-to-Bullemor play is a good thing he should continue to look to do in getting over the advantage line and passing for the forwards

Almost every dummy half worth his salt does that two-three step run, even Simpkin was doing it on debut for the Tigers. Why’d we let him go again?

That's on him though he needs to be smarter , most hookers rack up the tackles.

The powers to be got a boner for turning paix into the next cook .

That started under Seibold ... I'm pretty sure Simpkin left while Bennett was still coach

Pretty easy to have a good passing game when it is one out passes 98% of the time.

That started under Seibold ... I'm pretty sure Simpkin left while Bennett was still coach
He left because Seibold thought Paix was the next Cook , he should have been offered a development contract but broncos too slow and werent surewhat they were doing with him , in the mean time Madge showed him the respect he deserved and he left for a chance to play first grade , if Bennett never left neither would have Simpkin

Billy Walters is not the worst, he's got a handy running game and if you won't put in for your dad, who will you put in for?

As it stands we are operating with 2 halfbacks, that's not sustainable and Kevvie knows it, hence the Karmichael Hunt move.

Billy Walters is not the worst, he's got a handy running game and if you won't put in for your dad, who will you put in for?

As it stands we are operating with 2 halfbacks, that's not sustainable and Kevvie knows it, hence the Karmichael Hunt move.

But at the the same time, if you are bringing in your 27 year old fringe first-grade son as the halves saviour, well that isn't going to end well.

But at the the same time, if you are bringing in your 27 year old fringe first-grade son as the halves saviour, well that isn't going to end well.
Or it could become a Nathan Cleary like transformation!

we all know he won't be in the halves (unless we lose all our current ones + Staggs + sign no replacements), let alone be the "halves saviour"

but he isn't a bad signing IMO, he'll be cheap, and would be the perfect bench utility for us. he has shown while not elite, he can handle the NRL. we could use him to give turps a spell, without disrupting the development of other younger spine options.

if his dad wasn't the coach, i doubt too many people would be complaining about signing him to a cheap depth contract

we all know he won't be in the halves (unless we lose all our current ones + Staggs + sign no replacements), let alone be the "halves saviour"

but he isn't a bad signing IMO, he'll be cheap, and would be the perfect bench utility for us. he has shown while not elite, he can handle the NRL. we could use him to give turps a spell, without disrupting the development of other younger spine options.

if his dad wasn't the coach, i doubt too many people would be complaining about signing him to a cheap depth contract

To be fair, I'm not complaining about signing him, we need cheap depth players but we shouldn't be breaking the bank to get a depth guy coming back from a serious knee injury either. I have no idea what he is on at the Tigers but I'm just worried that he might be on 300k and we'll pay all of that when he is worth no more than base wage.

Again, all speculation of course, but if he wasn't the coach's son, would we be bending over backwards to bring him in?

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.