RANT Broncos Realistic Spine options for the Next year or so

Croft was definitely cheaper than Kodi. Kodi wanted a new deal and it wasn’t really working with him either at the time.

When you consider that the current Warriors Halves are Nikorima and SoS, which I would argue is about the same quality as Dearden and Croft(and if anything we have the advantage) it does look like as a team we have other issues we need solving as well.

When you consider that the current Warriors Halves are Nikorima and SoS, which I would argue is about the same quality as Dearden and Croft(and if anything we have the advantage) it does look like as a team we have other issues we need solving as well.

Knik really doesn't get the credit he deserves. You are also forgetting they have RTS at 1, we have a barely first-grade standard winger.

Knik really doesn't get the credit he deserves. You are also forgetting they have RTS at 1, we have a barely first-grade standard winger.
Well yeah, having one of the best fullbacks in the game is a massive upgrade over what we have.

Trigger warning. Check out this prize dickhead gushing over the player he helped us lose:

Trigger warning. Check out this prize dickhead gushing over the player he helped us lose:

No thanks.

Why do you torture yourself? BHQ should ban anything related to this fraud of a coach.

I'll be happy if we get to see a game with Herbie as fullback, I'm convinced he will work in that position considering his playstyle. Even as a Centre his support play is excellent, Herbie is special the kind of player that could be moulded to whatever was possible.

Time to offer Grant a lazy mill a year and the captaincy. He’s head and shoulders above any other player in the league. Make it happen Dave. Bring Billy back at half so he can partner croft like they did for easts in the local league. Final piece would be Drinkwater to fullback. These four know each other’s games from spending time at the storm together. These signings would be paid for by setting free milf and co who got lost along the way.

Time to offer Grant a lazy mill a year and the captaincy. He’s head and shoulders above any other player in the league. Make it happen Dave. Bring Billy back at half so he can partner croft like they did for easts in the local league. Final piece would be Drinkwater to fullback. These four know each other’s games from spending time at the storm together. These signings would be paid for by setting free milf and co who got lost along the way.

I was with you for the first 3 sentences.

1. Isaako
6. Croft
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin/B.Smith

14. Dearden

I would be happy with this going into 2022.

If Grant is off contract, we really should be throwing huge money at him, I'd have no issue if we offered him 1m+. He's going to be the top 9 for the next 10 years, by some margin. Outside of Grant, it's not worth chasing a 9 as anyone who is arguably better than Turpin, would want way more money than he is on.

Joey Manu should be a priority signing, he is absolutely wasted at centre, wants to play 1 and would be coming from an amazing Roosters system.

Isaako is slowly growing into a choice FB. Ask yourself - would you have gone for that ball that Cleary chipped and chased? Would Darius?
I think Cleary deliberately dropped his knees into Jarmayne’s back too. A real gutsy effort and I don’t think anyone has acknowledged it yet.

Isaako is slowly growing into a choice FB. Ask yourself - would you have gone for that ball that Cleary chipped and chased? Would Darius?
I think Cleary deliberately dropped his knees into Jarmayne’s back too. A real gutsy effort and I don’t think anyone has acknowledged it yet.
I agree. I like a lot about his game. He still has a fair bit to do, but it is encouraging to see him develop.

Nope. He has extremely limited ball playing skills. He struggles passing left to right so much that he will either take a tackle when he should clearly be passing, or put in a stupid grubber. And his passing right to left isn't much better. He has surprised me so far with his running game, and hasn't dropped as many balls as I expected, but he is a winger, possibly a centre depending on how he could handle defending in 1.
He has done enough to hold onto the 1 for the rest of the year, but unfortunately he is Hoffman MkII and should be moved to the outside backs once we recruit an actual 1.

Nope. He has extremely limited ball playing skills. He struggles passing left to right so much that he will either take a tackle when he should clearly be passing, or put in a stupid grubber. And his passing right to left isn't much better. He has surprised me so far with his running game, and hasn't dropped as many balls as I expected, but he is a winger, possibly a centre depending on how he could handle defending in 1.
He has done enough to hold onto the 1 for the rest of the year, but unfortunately he is Hoffman MkII and should be moved to the outside backs once we recruit an actual 1.

Isaako’s biggest strength is his running game. Crofts biggest strength is his running game. Dearden...running game. Turpin, running. Milf run. There’s no one left in the spine to pass the ball.

Isaako has been impressive (in comparison to how he used to be), but surely he's not a long term option, the Broncos have got to be aiming higher than that if they want to compete for a premiership. Someone who follow the ball and have an actual ball playing game.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Lozza
  • NSW stables
  • Porthoz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.