RANT Broncos Realistic Spine options for the Next year or so

I feel like both players would be far better fullbacks than Hynes, so if that was sorted we could replace the far less important position with someone like Kurt Mann or Dane Gagai until Cobbo is ready. Having elite centres isn’t a priority for this club at the moment at all.
You wouldn't take Hynes at 300K x2 years?

I'd go for him or Drinkwater but he may be much more expensive.

I love Mann as a player but his injury history is a real worry. Would love Gagai back but he's on big money so I fear he'd come no cheaper than 500+ which I don't know if it's money well spent.

Would love Gagai back but he's on big money so I fear he'd come no cheaper than 500+ which I don't know if it's money well spent.
If you listen to the bunny fans though, Gagai only really turns into Origin Gagai in rare appearances. Definitely not the highest priority for our cap space at this time IMO.

You wouldn't take Hynes at 300K x2 years?

I'd go for him or Drinkwater but he may be much more expensive.

I love Mann as a player but his injury history is a real worry. Would love Gagai back but he's on big money so I fear he'd come no cheaper than 500+ which I don't know if it's money well spent.
Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t say no to Hynes on 300k, maybe even more. But he’s not at the club yet and knowing the Broncos lately, he won’t be here in the future. Herbie seems more realistic to me. Shit I’d take Hoeter, Opacic, Hymel Hunt, Karmichael Hunt, Oliver Gildart, Toby King, Konrad Hurrell or Rocco Berry as our centres at cheap if we could give Staggs or Herbie a go at the back.

If you listen to the bunny fans though, Gagai only really turns into Origin Gagai in rare appearances. Definitely not the highest priority for our cap space at this time IMO.
It was a meme for a while but I've been watching most rabbit games, and he's always had at least a 7/10 game. He's a very good club player now.

Aidan Sezer is also off contract this year. At the very least we should be offering for Milford or Croft asap.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t say no to Hynes on 300k, maybe even more. But he’s not at the club yet and knowing the Broncos lately, he won’t be here in the future. Herbie seems more realistic to me. Shit I’d take Hoeter, Opacic, Hymel Hunt, Karmichael Hunt, Oliver Gildart, Toby King, Konrad Hurrell or Rocco Berry as our centres at cheap if we could give Staggs or Herbie a go at the back.
I'd actually be more inclined for Staggs to learn the 1 but I doubt he has the smarts fir it , which is why I like Hynes and he would have been educated by Slater.

go all in on a Reynolds/Dearden halves pairing ... Milfords salary could make this happen.

for fullback, go with Widdop, Hynes, Staggs, Isaako or Herbie (i'm warming to this idea). if Isaako doesn't cement the fullback spot this season, shif him back to the wing.

get turps some help. established hooker either here or the ESL if we have the cap space. if we don't (after making the above changes) then go for a quality ISC player and given them an opportunity

go all in on a Reynolds/Dearden halves pairing ... Milfords salary could make this happen.

for fullback, go with Widdop, Hynes, Staggs, Isaako or Herbie (i'm warming to this idea). if Isaako doesn't cement the fullback spot this season, shif him back to the wing.

get turps some help. established hooker either here or the ESL if we have the cap space. if we don't (after making the above changes) then go for a quality ISC player and given them an opportunity
Drinkwater looked good today

Drinkwater looked good today

for me, i'd still only sign him for fullback ... we're better off in the long run with a Dearden/Reynolds halves combo (especially the good mentor that it would provide Dearden)

for me, i'd still only sign him for fullback ... we're better off in the long run with a Dearden/Reynolds halves combo (especially the good mentor that it would provide Dearden)
Yeah should have specified that, I'd be happy with a dearden / Reynolds halves pairing

Herbie has played fullback in QLD cup, hasn't he? I dunno if he's got passing skills or support play or not, but if he does, **** it, give him a go. If it keeps being the way it is not next year... well, other teams have a normal spine, Broncos have spina bifida.

Herbie has played fullback in QLD cup, hasn't he? I dunno if he's got passing skills or support play or not, but if he does, **** it, give him a go. If it keeps being the way it is not next year... well, other teams have a normal spine, Broncos have spina bifida.

1 game centre
24 wing

I'd still be looking to bring Hammer in. Let him, Herbie, Isaako and Niu fight it out and see who performs best in the trials. Either of Hammer or Herbie (my preference) would be excellent sniffing around Staggs and Reynolds as the halves. Then you just need to fix the 9. I also don't mind the idea of Cotter.

Realistic spine for next year and beyond...

1. Sproj - the man can straight up levitate! Impeccable under the high ball and can simply float by even the best of defences. Level of Potassium intake is a cause for concern, will need monitoring.

6. Milford - A less than conventional approach to diet and training may have raised a few eyebrows, just like his ability to be first named on any team sheet. Survived 3 head coaching changes and ever diminishing form, the man they call Milf, is going nowhere fast.

7. Foordy - Team Captain and hall monitor. His blind faith and steadfast allegiance to management never waivers. Even as they guide this proud club further up shit creek, he might just be the missing paddle needed to guide it to safer shores.

9. McHunt - The Wordsmith. Second only to ‘Ennis the Menace’, his on field sledging is legendary. Coupled with his ape like strength, he is purpose built for the rigours of the dummy half role.

Is Tesi Niu still a long term option in the 1, or is his future in the centres?

Someone I'd love to see at the club if we're building on character is Adam Doueihi.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Astro
  • Wendall Taylor
  • The Don
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • broncs30
  • Behind enemy lines
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • MrRobot
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.