RANT Broncos Realistic Spine options for the Next year or so

Is Tesi Niu still a long term option in the 1, or is his future in the centres?
Will be interesting if he’s dropped whether he plays fullback or centre in QCup.

I love his attack, could be a really good option as fullback if he improves his defence.

Will be interesting if he’s dropped whether he plays fullback or centre in QCup.

I love his attack, could be a really good option as fullback if he improves his defence.
I would pick and stick with Tesi. yes defensively he has issues but when we aren't gunning for the title I don't mind him learning his trade in the NRL. He wasn't the worst offender in my view. However, if the have planned for him to spend some time in both NRL and QCUP and have advised hium of this up front then that is fine too.

I would role this side out long term for this season

1. Mead (Has played some good games at fullback and is better cleaning up kicks and other things that Isaako struggles with)
2. Oates (I like the attacking threats of two big wingers and the metres bringing back the ball. I'd expect him to be tacking hitups in the forwards like Sailor used to do. Yes the issues from last year would need to be addressed but hopefully he can get back to near his best form if he doesn't move him on)
3. Farnworth. Done everything required so far
4. Niu/Isaako. If Niu is to be dropped Iasaako could do a job there. I would have kept Niu. I expect him to make errors but long term I think keeping him there has its benefits knowing we arent going to win the comp this year
5. Coates. Done everything required so far
6. K Hunt Need the leadership experience and defense that Milford has not given
7. Dearden. Same with Niu. Persist knowing he is still learning and will make errors
8. Haas. First player picked
9. Turpin. Needs some help on the bench. Needs to add some variety to his passing game but nobody else in the squad really to start over him
10. Flegler I think he could benefit from starting and getting into the battle early. Probably hasn't earned a start but might be what he needs
11. Glenn. Need the experience and defense he brings. Just needs to do a job. Would like to see him be a defensive minder for Dearden like Parker and Carroll were for Lockyer
12. Asiata. Has a bit of attack/variety like Wade Graham to his game and could be useful on the edge.
13. TPJ. I think he is best here and gives him the change to be a bit more creative

14. Riki - Not sure he is up to being able to give an 80 min performance on the edge just yet. Has been really good in patches
15. Lodge- Keeps the forward momentum going from the bench
16. Kennedy/ Bullemor- Kennedy Solid and deserves to be picked over Carrigan. Rotate with Bullemor
17. Hetherington/ Rotate these two a bit with minutes off the bench and games in qld cup.

I would role this side out long term for this season

1. Mead (Has played some good games at fullback and is better cleaning up kicks and other things that Isaako struggles with)
2. Oates (I like the attacking threats of two big wingers and the metres bringing back the ball. I'd expect him to be tacking hitups in the forwards like Sailor used to do. Yes the issues from last year would need to be addressed but hopefully he can get back to near his best form if he doesn't move him on)
3. Farnworth. Done everything required so far
4. Niu/Isaako. If Niu is to be dropped Iasaako could do a job there. I would have kept Niu. I expect him to make errors but long term I think keeping him there has its benefits knowing we arent going to win the comp this year
5. Coates. Done everything required so far
6. K Hunt Need the leadership experience and defense that Milford has not given
7. Dearden. Same with Niu. Persist knowing he is still learning and will make errors
8. Haas. First player picked
9. Turpin. Needs some help on the bench. Needs to add some variety to his passing game but nobody else in the squad really to start over him
10. Flegler I think he could benefit from starting and getting into the battle early. Probably hasn't earned a start but might be what he needs
11. Glenn. Need the experience and defense he brings. Just needs to do a job. Would like to see him be a defensive minder for Dearden like Parker and Carroll were for Lockyer
12. Asiata. Has a bit of attack/variety like Wade Graham to his game and could be useful on the edge.
13. TPJ. I think he is best here and gives him the change to be a bit more creative

14. Riki - Not sure he is up to being able to give an 80 min performance on the edge just yet. Has been really good in patches
15. Lodge- Keeps the forward momentum going from the bench
16. Kennedy/ Bullemor- Kennedy Solid and deserves to be picked over Carrigan. Rotate with Bullemor
17. Hetherington/ Rotate these two a bit with minutes off the bench and games in qld cup.
That should read Hetherington/Paix at 17

When Staggs is back, he does fix a lot of problems.

Id be very inclined to play Herbie at fullback purely for his attack. Staggs and Niu centres. Then we just have to get a combo of sorts going in the halves.

When Staggs is back, he does fix a lot of problems.

Id be very inclined to play Herbie at fullback purely for his attack. Staggs and Niu centres. Then we just have to get a combo of sorts going in the halves.
I'd be more inclined to put tesi at 1 , he played 1 in his junior years and has a passing game, great turn of speed and some size. Herbie is good in the centers but is essential a winger, I just don't see him as a one . Could be wrong but I'd put tesi back in cup leave isaako at 1 for now and reevaluate when Staggs comes back.

Wasn’t Tesi supposed to be a fun at fb? Did anyone actually see him come through the ranks? Or was it a media beat up?

Wasn’t Tesi supposed to be a fun at fb? Did anyone actually see him come through the ranks? Or was it a media beat up?
Was a fullback for Marsden and that's where he played most of his Jr footy I'm sure , seen him years ago when he was like 10 or 11 and he was awesome then.

Niu at FB would solve some of the tackling issues if Herbie and Staggs fill centre.

Broncos 20210413

Miss the days of Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima 😭
Only the combo of Boyd and Turpin have been successful since then.

View attachment 12350

Miss the days of Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima 😭
Only the combo of Boyd and Turpin have been successful since then.

It only just dawned on me but Croft and Kodi would’ve been on the same price contracts. I don’t know how that never clicked but that fucker traded Kodi for Croft and it wasn’t even a cheaper option.

We arent getting a top tier hooker. Best we can probably hope for is Clark and he can translate his super league form to the NRL, or somebody like Ruben Cotter from the Cowboys. Reynolds is a no brainer for the 7.

What sport do they play?
Long distance groping (a "scrum") followed by a quick game of "catch" or "force-em-back" .
They call it "rugby" but thats just because you need a euphamism for cuddling your men friends in polite company.

It only just dawned on me but Croft and Kodi would’ve been on the same price contracts. I don’t know how that never clicked but that fucker traded Kodi for Croft and it wasn’t even a cheaper option.
Seibold cut lose KNik for Dearden rnd8 2019.
Through various injuries that year, the 6/7 went through the combo's of Milf/Dearden/SOS/Boyd/Turpin.

Croft recruited in the off season and started rnd1 2020.

Edit: KNik was on 250k and the better performing half at the time.

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
  • The Strapper
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.