Broncos Record breaking coach is safe

Maybe you should go back to doing what you're good at... making highlight videos.

Every opinion you have is wrong...

None of them are, but okay sure. If you say so.

Dont forget the nines we were taking 'serious' and the trials we lost to the titans, cowboys and the burleigh fucking bears.
From memory we were ok in the first half against the titans but fucking awful in the 2nd of that trial, I attended that one. Copley got a bullet falcon when warming up.

Renouf on Fox was spot on, why drop a winger who doesn't control the game but still allow key players in positions to keep their spot when they've underperformed.

And who do we drop them for? We can't play injured players.

Chairman, CEO, List manager, the board won't sack Seibold simply because they need to protect their own arses from their dreadful decision to hire Seibold in the first place. They backed the horse, hoping it'll come good and save their own bacon.

News Corp needs to step in and roll some heads. If they're motivated by money then memberships and attendances will surely decline if this shit show continues.

Chairman, CEO, List manager, the board won't sack Seibold simply because they need to protect their own arses from their dreadful decision to hire Seibold in the first place. They backed the horse, hoping it'll come good and save their own bacon.

News Corp needs to step in and roll some heads. If they're motivated by money then memberships and attendances will surely decline if this shit show continues.
The limited crowds are probably covering their arse a bit, I would imagine if it was open slather crowds would be way down.

Refusing to sack Seibold just to save their own ass.

Yeah.. No. Otherwise Seibold wouldn't be here, because they wouldn't have sacked Bennett.

I'd have a good look at my halves first, you have players like Cleary, Keary and even Gutherson that touches the ball 3-4 times in a set whereas aside from poor attacking structures we have Milf and Croft have no game management.

It's good to see Croft take on the line but his always stepping into the defense and "run sideways Milf" just doesn't look threatening. Not sure what attacking gameplan drills they have at training but in the game they rely on individuals to make something happen rather then seeing a backline line play that the top teams can put on.

I'd have a good look at my halves first, you have players like Cleary, Keary and even Gutherson that touches the ball 3-4 times in a set whereas aside from poor attacking structures we have Milf and Croft have no game management.

It's good to see Croft take on the line but his always stepping into the defense and "run sideways Milf" just doesn't look threatening. Not sure what attacking gameplan drills they have at training but in the game they rely on individuals to make something happen rather then seeing a backline line play that the top teams can put on.

Who could we drop them for, though? Who could have taken their spot?

Dont forget the nines we were taking 'serious' and the trials we lost to the titans, cowboys and the burleigh fucking bears.
If QLD Intrust Cup was still on, the Broncos would also have struggled in the comp. This team has no direction when attacking in the opposition end.

Who could we drop them for, though? Who could have taken their spot?
After 6 games of losses why not give Dearden a go at 7, Croft at 6 as he seems to enjoy taking the line on. Milf can come off the bench at dummy half and can take on the defensive line towards the back end of each half.

I'm concerned for our Fullback spot, Nui hasn't shown much and is in a similar mold as Isaako. Nui isn't the tallest player and so far not a lot of speed from a glance of the games his started. It's a shame Bird is out, his got a nice running game.

I agree that we have no choice with a couple of positions like Boyd being there as Staggs is still out but most our tries are from the right side and no input from the left side with Boyd there, one thing they do offer on that left side is that they leak out so many opposition tries.

It's the announcement of Kevvie as head of football. That's surely what they do. Get a head of football who overrules him.

The limited crowds are probably covering their arse a bit, I would imagine if it was open slather crowds would be way down.
Didn't we only get 6500 at the last game out of a possible 10k? At an average ticket price of $50 that's 175k in lost gate takings. It's our worst crowd ever, and I'm not sure how much of that is crowds being afraid to go out.

When Milf got the ball, who was trailing him, running in support? Nobody. Why? Cos Seibold says not to. I find that hard to believe. We have absolute shit support play. It should be automatic when our halves get the ball, when Luke takes on the line or just runs from dummy half, when TPJ gets the ball, or Haas. Instead, our dumbass players watch .. from a distance.

Either they are not told to do it, which I doubt, or they refuse. Or can't. Whichever way, Seibold is not getting results from his players. That for mine is the real issue. Whatever they are, his methods aren't working. Maybe your reference to the lack of drills at training is right. That is crucial to embedding routine and structure in a team

Having said that, one would expect that support play as 1 example is a bleeding obvious aspect of 1st grade football. Or are our players just stupid. Do they really need to be taught the bleeding obvious at this level?

Last edited:
When Milf got the ball, who was trailing him, running in support? Nobody. Why? Cos Seibold says not to. I find that hard to believe. We have absolute shit support play. It should be automatic when our halves get the ball, when Luke takes on the line or just runs from dummy half, when TPJ gets the ball, or Haas. Instead, our dumbass players watch .. from a distance.

Either they are not told to do it, which I doubt, or they refuse. Or can't. Whichever way, Seibold is not getting results from his players. That for mine is the real issue. Whatever they are, his methods aren't working. Maybe your reference to the lack of drills at training is right. That is crucial to embedding routine and structure in a team

Having said that, one would expect that support play as 1 example is a bleeding obvious aspect of 1st grade football. Or are our players just stupid. Do they really need to be taught the bleeding obvious at this level?

Is it possible players don't do this when too much emphasis is put on run meters? And you save your energy for meters run, not backing up for an offload that might not come? Just speculating. If a coach was a total stat obsessor he might only regard such stats as an indicator of performance.

Is it possible players don't do this when too much emphasis is put on run meters? And you save your energy for meters run, not backing up for an offload that might not come? Just speculating. If a coach was a total stat obsessor he might only regard such stats as an indicator of performance.

You could well be right. To me, constant support play is what separates the best sides from the rest, in attack. And defence when I think of it. It's what the Roosters and Eels and Storm do all the time after the obligatory one-out hit ups while the shapes are set. Support play is not just about offloading. It is also about being in position to take a pass. Like that simple passing sequence we used to score the first try.

In any case, having Staggs and Fifita back will definitely improve things. At least their presence demands the ball. Maybe then we will see results. Or not.

my guess is seibs will see out the year ...

but only because the board will want to allow the incoming CEO to be a part of the decision on seibs replacement

Anthony Seibold (/siːboʊld/) (born 3 October 1974) is a former professional rugby league coach who is the recently fired coach of the Brisbane Broncos in the NRL, and a former German international player.

Seibold played for the Brisbane Broncos, Saint-Esteve, Canberra Raiders and the London Broncos. He was previously the head coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the 2018 NRL season.
German international huh, I never knew he reached such heights as a player good for him.
[automerge]1593897967[/automerge]
I would like to see the Walker brothers hired and coach them to play like the 2015 Jets.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • MrRobot
  • Jazza
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • mrslong
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.