OFFICIAL Broncos release Andrew McCullough

Great news for the club and the player. He is not what Brisbane needs and hasn't been for some time. He has always given his best, not his fault his best isn't good enough. Plenty of players have had 6 times the talent and done less than he has. Thanks for all your contribution Macca and once again putting the team first by leaving.
[automerge]1590038988[/automerge]
This is a strange one though. The Knights have signed him for this season to cover for Brayley‘s ACL. Macca had an option for next year here. Is this going to be another Kahu situation?

Hmmm...could well be you know.

Last edited:
This is a strange one though. The Knights have signed him for this season to cover for Brayley‘s ACL. Macca had an option for next year here. Is this going to be another Kahu situation?

Don't think White will make that mistake again.

Even in the incredibly unlikely scenario that it is another Kahu situation, we're better off giving Paix minutes as the utility than wasting minutes on McCullough, if he comes back in 2021, we'll park him in QCUP, much like we'll do with Kahu this year.

Wow. I am shocked.

In terms of Macca the man, he is one of the best. Work ethic and commitment cannot be question and has given his all in every game. Had the pleasure of meeting and he is such a nice guy, I wish him all the best.

As for everything outside of that this is fucking fantastic news. Surplus to needs and not the style that suits this team, or the NRL anymore unfortunately. If he was born in an earlier generation he would be one of the best hookers in the game.

All the best and thanks for everything Macca.

Even in the incredibly unlikely scenario that it is another Kahu situation, we're better off giving Paix minutes as the utility than wasting minutes on McCullough, if he comes back in 2021, we'll park him in QCUP, much like we'll do with Kahu this year.

Yeah this. Even if this was a Kahu style deal Macca is basically unable to be injured so even if he comes back won't be a drain on resources. Add to that if he was to stay he would have limited playing time, going to the knights gives him the best chance for another deal there or elsewhere so the point is moot.

That's a shocker. But a good move, he could see where he was on the pecking order here and saw an opportunity at the Knights.

Even if he boomerangs back next year, he'll come back with experience and big minutes under his belt. I can see the Knights keeping him as depth though

This should mean we now have two spots in the top 30, right? With the termination of Perese and the release of McCullough.

Based on our initial "Top 30" I would assume that Tesi Niu & Ethan Bullemor will be upgraded from development contracts, assuming we don't have plans to sign anyone else.

200.gif

Have legit been calling for this for what felt like a decade. Big, big, BIG browny points for Seibold from myself now. He is just way too slow and way too predictable a hooker for the modern game, and his departure now is a serious sign of the times.

I have no idea what Newcastle expect to get out of him, but it's probably not much. Cheers for your service but seriously, GOODBYE.

I wonder what this means for the 17 moving forward. Anyone have any ideas on what’s happening with Paix?
I thought seibs had made it pretty clear that turps wasn’t yet an 80min player. It’ll be interesting to see who comes in to help turps or comes into that utility role. I reckon Herbie would go alright out of dummy half for 20 or so minutes. Defensively not sure if he’d be up for it though.

Last edited:

I don't think Kahu was a mistake. I think they just took the only option they could

It's a shame he had to go this way, thanks for everything Macca. Good bloke and a hard worker, it would have been nice if we could have kept him around the squad somehow but spots are so valuable, especially with the cup not running at the moment.

So the hooker pecking order is now Turpin, Paix ???
With no QCup this year, **** we don't want to get an injury to Turpin

Out of interest what would this make the average age of our squad?

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.