Broncos release Garbutt

Will be interesting if Hodges retires next year, we should have a fair chunk of money available under the cap.

For me it's a real let down, was hoping he was going to do something for us... big, mobile ball playing forward was what I was thinking...

He was signed for close to 300k according to media reports, so if he's not going to play at least we save a fair bit of money.

Not really.... Broncos have released him with full pay for this season.

Not really.... Broncos have released him with full pay for this season.
Like Unbreakable said, as long as it means he's off the books for next year I'm happy, it's not like we're going to buy anyone else this year anyway.

Hope it's a good move for him. He didn't play much for us which doesn't help confidence and he was carrying a back injury which didn't help either. I don't think he was as ever fit as he was for the Storm.

At least its not Manly eh?

I was listening to Jake Marketo on Denan Kemp's podcast talk about Bennett and a couple of his philosophies. Apparently Bennett believes that a player's pre-season is usually a good guide of how they'll go during the season. Mitch's pre-season was largely interrupted due to that back injury and since he was largely known as a fringe player on a relatively large deal I'm sure Wayne was extra critical of him.

Never really got a chance to judge him as a first grade player. From the little I saw, I thought he was ahead of Molo & Ofahengaue however he wasn't as valuable.

For me, he'll go down as one of the last relics of Hook's tenure here. Somebody who would have played a much bigger portion moving forward. Whether he would have been successful is unknown but given his poor back and the fact he's gone to the ESL indicates that he would have been another bust.

Guess we'll get some idea if he tears up in the ESL.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • maddo
  • Lostboy
  • Brotherdu
  • mitch222
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scdeac
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.