Broncos release Garbutt

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Which Broncos forward could sign with the Manly Sea Eagles within the next 48 hours?

From Rothfield's gossip column in the DT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Please be Blair.

talladeganights005.jpg

In reality it's more than likely Ofahengaue unfortunately.

Why would it be Joe? WB seems to rate him and according to early reports he wants to stay in QLD.

If anything, it'd be Todd Lowrie or Mitch Garbutt as neither are in our top team.

Molo ?

I hope it's not Garbutt.

I rate him and I think he could be make it in the NRL

Just hoping it isn't Ofahengaue.

I seriously struggle to believe that people like Dobbo and Buzz can call up someone at a club and they would willingly tell them something. I know that people do, apparently, talk to them but I really can't understand why.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Garbutt. He was a Griffin era signing, so Bennett very likely doesn't rate him. Garbutt has had a rather average start to the year, even though he hasn't seen much ball.

If Joe says it's Garbutt, it's Garbutt.

That's somewhat disappointing I guess, I wouldn't have minded at least seeing what he had during the origin period.

I doubt Garbutt would be worse than Blair, but he's probably a goner...

Garbutt would go well at Manly, it's a shame we couldn't see more of him but I wish him the best if he does leave.

Garbutt has been Kennedy Jr in his limited opportunities, but Blair has been just as bad.

Mitch is on an alleged $250k a season (according to zerotackle) which isn't huge money in this day and age but if Manly take his whole contract that's an extra $500k over 2 years.

We probably shouldn't be letting props walk before the origin period but that kind of money would go along way to building on our team next season, the year bennet said was our best shot at the trophy. With Vidot so far being our only big name that looks to be leaving next season (only freeing up an alleged 80k) the chance to give us some extra cap room is too much to turn down.

If it is Garbutt I think it's the right decision for the club.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • bert_lifts
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.