Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I said he could struggle to cement himself as a first grader. Struggling and a write off are very different. I don't recall that I conclusively judged that he won't make it.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that (a) you can't read (b) you think you know anything.
I guess you missed `effectively'.

Your quotes:

`I think Niu will struggle to truly cement himself as a first grader. His defence in the front line is putrid, and he has way too many brain fades at fullback. He has talent with ball in hand and his footwork is really good, but I have doubts on him ever being a true first grader.'

`And you are worried about making Tesi Niu, who is lucky to be in first grade, happy? You're willing to select an inferior side just to keep a kid happy who arguably shouldn't be in the side? That is such a weak minded way of looking at things.'

I regard that as effectively writing him off as a first grader. I would wager the reasonable person on the Clapham omnibus would reach the same conclusion.

I believe I was reading and comprehending that exactly as you intended.

So (a) yes I can read, and (b) if I know nothing else I know that you are overly judgmental on a 19 year old in his first season in the NRL in a shit show of a side with issues all over the park, and that you think you know it all.

In any event my apologies to others reading this, I am done with it. History will prove whether your assessment of Tesi was right.

I think we recruit right side too much. Everyone seems to prefer the right side in the SR and centres, would be good to unearth some real strike on the left.

Herbie's great but if we had similar strike on the left as we do with Staggs, Riki on the right.

Tesi on the left wouldn't be too bad, he has that left foot jink where he could come back in.

I actually think James and Haas could work as starting props. I see good things potentially coming from James if he gets his body into cracking shape this off season. His fitness and discipline has always been his hurdle and ceiling in the past.

Flegler/Cartigan rotate in with fresh legs. Would be solid.

If Melbourne sacked Munster over this would you take him?

If Melbourne sacked Munster over this would you take him?
Would want way to much. We have Reynolds next year, out halves crisis is finally over. Brandon Smith on the other hand, lets talk

Not if he’s sacked
Mate he walks into pretty much any nrl squad in the comp
Hands down the best 6 in the comp. Teams would shed real talent to attract him. He would attract a mill plus offer from multiple teams overnight

We should go for Grant, I suspect he's gettable.

Mate he walks into pretty much any nrl squad in the comp
Hands down the best 6 in the comp. Teams would shed real talent to attract him. He would attract a mill plus offer from multiple teams overnight

he would be a negative influence on the squad. only a few teams/coaches could handle that.

we're not one of them ... there's a reason we started playing much better once Lodge and TPJ were gone despite their talent

he would be a negative influence on the squad. only a few teams/coaches could handle that.

we're not one of them ... there's a reason we started playing much better once Lodge and TPJ were gone despite their talent
I don't think he'd be a negative influence. When ikin first arrived he spoke about how quiet the broncos training sessions were. I'd anything having someone like Munster would boost morale, who cares if he's doing a little booger sugar in the off season

I guess you missed `effectively'.

Your quotes:

`I think Niu will struggle to truly cement himself as a first grader. His defence in the front line is putrid, and he has way too many brain fades at fullback. He has talent with ball in hand and his footwork is really good, but I have doubts on him ever being a true first grader.'

`And you are worried about making Tesi Niu, who is lucky to be in first grade, happy? You're willing to select an inferior side just to keep a kid happy who arguably shouldn't be in the side? That is such a weak minded way of looking at things.'

I regard that as effectively writing him off as a first grader. I would wager the reasonable person on the Clapham omnibus would reach the same conclusion.

I believe I was reading and comprehending that exactly as you intended.

So (a) yes I can read, and (b) if I know nothing else I know that you are overly judgmental on a 19 year old in his first season in the NRL in a shit show of a side with issues all over the park, and that you think you know it all.

In any event my apologies to others reading this, I am done with it. History will prove whether your assessment of Tesi was right.
So me saying someone arguably shouldn't be in first grade, and I have doubts about them, is writing them off?

It's pretty clear I'm not writing him off. Writing him off would be me saying "he will never make it in first grade" There is a clear difference, it's just unfortunate you can't understand it.

I think Munster has shown to be a bit of a prize pillock. It was a season or two ago when bellyache gave him an ultimatum to shape up or ship out. He seemed to have sorted his shit out but this year he has gradually slid back into his old ways.

i think most people know he's marking time waiting to head up the new Brisbane franchise as he knows it will come with a king's ransom and he'll get to do pretty much what he wants. No doubt he'll produce for the first season, but when push comes to shove he'll be doing a Milf.

I'm afraid it will only dawn on him how talented he is/was when he starts to near the end of his career and the genius plays start to get few and far between. Only then will he try to wise up but by then it will be too late.

The storyline is not new to our game and it won't be the last time we hear it either.

For those discussing the ball playing lock vs middle forward (another prop) lock i would suggest watching the latest Matty johns podcast if you can.

He and cronk talk about yeo and his role in the panthers.very interesting listening to a football show actually talk about football for once.
It would not surprise to see Capewell take the 13, he could provide a very similar role to Yeo. Capewell has a lot more skill across the board then any of our current forwards. He could move to second row to bring Kobi on and give Riki/Piakura a rest. Or it would be a move to 13 from out wide to give Kobi a rest if we want him to soften people up early. Would allow us to develop to young bloke further such Piakura and Kobi.

I think Munster has shown to be a bit of a prize pillock. It was a season or two ago when bellyache gave him an ultimatum to shape up or ship out. He seemed to have sorted his shit out but this year he has gradually slid back into his old ways.

i think most people know he's marking time waiting to head up the new Brisbane franchise as he knows it will come with a king's ransom and he'll get to do pretty much what he wants. No doubt he'll produce for the first season, but when push comes to shove he'll be doing a Milf.

I'm afraid it will only dawn on him how talented he is/was when he starts to near the end of his career and the genius plays start to get few and far between. Only then will he try to wise up but by then it will be too late.

The storyline is not new to our game and it won't be the last time we hear it either.
He bendered with Cheese for 5 days straight after the last GF and almost didn’t show up to origin camp, coached by Wayne Bennett no less. They had to send him a taxi to drive him to the camp and he avoided getting in it for hours before he was basically forced. The pair of them slapped it all over social media and played it up in interviews and media.

If playing origin under Wayne is barely enough to keep him in line I don’t like the odds of any lesser coach than Wayne or Craig.

He bendered with Cheese for 5 days straight after the last GF and almost didn’t show up to origin camp, coached by Wayne Bennett no less. They had to send him a taxi to drive him to the camp and he avoided getting in it for hours before he was basically forced. The pair of them slapped it all over social media and played it up in interviews and media.

If playing origin under Wayne is barely enough to keep him in line I don’t like the odds of any lesser coach than Wayne or Craig.
I'm all for train hard, play hard and party harder, but know your limits and your responsibility to your fellow brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • westy316
  • Bronx48
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.