Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope Kevvie uses Capewell and Hetherington well. Both have good skill sets, Capewell with a bit more ball playing. I don't think you could rotate both purely for lock, so one would have to rotate through second row to not waste bench space.

I do hope Kevvie uses Capewell and Hetherington well. Both have good skill sets, Capewell with a bit more ball playing. I don't think you could rotate both purely for lock, so one would have to rotate through second row to not waste bench space.

With Capewell I don’t think that’s in issue, he can play second row and lock easily.

Reactions: 007

Capewell slots straight into Glenn's vacated position

Hethrington keeps his 13 jersey

Haas, James, Flegs and Carrigan are the prop rotation

Riki, TC and Piakura fight it out for 1 second row jersey and 1 bench position

there's your pack to start the season 👍

Capewell slots straight into Glenn's vacated position

Hethrington keeps his 13 jersey

Haas, James, Flegs and Carrigan are the prop rotation

Riki, TC and Piakura fight it out for 1 second row jersey and 1 bench position

there's your pack to start the season 👍
I’m a big Hetherington fan but I’d like to see him develop a more dynamic game, especially around ball playing.

We finally get a halfback and everyone's obsessing over having a ball playing lock.

Does Cam Murray do much ball playing for Souths right now?

I'll be happy with Carrigan or Kobe at 13.

Kobe is definitely more of a play maker than Carrigan.

It is pretty cool to think we have pretty much everything covered well and threats at centre, halfback, props and second row. We really are set for success, just need to get that 1, 6 and 9 right. I’d say Paix is the 9 we want / need, 6 is for Gamble / Kelly short term and Mam longer term. We’ve got a few options at 1. ‘22 looks exciting.

It is pretty cool to think we have pretty much everything covered well and threats at centre, halfback, props and second row. We really are set for success, just need to get that 1, 6 and 9 right. I’d say Paix is the 9 we want / need, 6 is for Gamble / Kelly short term and Mam longer term. We’ve got a few options at 1. ‘22 looks exciting.
I agree. The squad has depth like we haven't had for years. Usually our depth consists of players we dread being forced to play.. Or we don't even consider playing at all..

When do you think Mam should get his debut? 2022 or 2023?

I’d like us to have at least one young gun winger coming through.

When do you think Mam should get his debut? 2022 or 2023?
I think that depends, if Gamble or Kelly are playing well at 6 then they should play out the year there. If both get injured/aren't playing up to standard then I hope Mam is 3rd in line

I think that depends, if Gamble or Kelly are playing well at 6 then they should play out the year there. If both get injured/aren't playing up to standard then I hope Mam is 3rd in line
I think Billy Walters is probably ahead of Mam at this stage.

We did have Coates.

The Cowboys recently signed a Fijian Sevens winger.. I wouldn't mind one of those.. Can't be any more of a risk than playing a young inexperienced winger.

We did have Coates.

The Cowboys recently signed a Fijian Sevens winger.. I wouldn't mind one of those.. Can't be any more of a risk than playing a young inexperienced winger.
They signed two of those Fijians actually.

I would have liked us to sign this guy to the 30.

I know he isn't a winger but Mariner is another gun back we have. Him and Cobbo should be massive for us moving forward. I'm sure there is a winger hidden away somewhere we haven't heard about and Mariner may well come into first grade of course as a winger at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Tmac
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • achievedrap
  • Lozza
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.