Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not have a look at Brimson with Campbell likely to be GC first choice FB. I know they plan to play him at 6, but Weaver will probably debut within a year or 2

Why not have a look at Brimson with Campbell likely to be GC first choice FB. I know they plan to play him at 6, but Weaver will probably debut within a year or 2
Titans seemed to be determined to follow the Broncos recruiting plan to mediocrity.

Spend big on forwards, not so much on the spine. Get rid of the established players in the spine and replace them with kids or play them out of position. That's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

It’s not his name it’s just a nickname. When he was at the Storm and Titans they called him “little Petero” someone got confused and it stuck and when he played for Tweed it said Petero in the program.
Someone called him Petero once. I rest my case.

Look at Melbourne Storm, do you see any culture problems there because of these players being in the side? They have been at the Storm for years. If they are such a negative influence, why haven't there been more issues at the club?

If Munster or Smith were available, you'd be stupid to pass on them.

I think both, but Munster more, would come unstuck outside of the Storm. I think they get away with a hell of a lot purely because they live in Melbourne, the spotlight would be on them hard if either moved to Sydney or Brisbane.

That said, I think Smith looks the wild type that could pull his head in...I just can't see that in Munster.

Look at Melbourne Storm, do you see any culture problems there because of these players being in the side? They have been at the Storm for years. If they are such a negative influence, why haven't there been more issues at the club?

If Munster or Smith were available, you'd be stupid to pass on them.
Hey @Super Freak :)
I think @Foordy has the answer mate, Melbourne and us are not comparable. Different players, different coach. Just because Bellamy manages to keep them contained, doesn't mean KW will.
And then there's the issue of do we really believe Munster was a cockwomble 2 years-ish ago, a cleanskin ever since and now suddenly a cockwomble again? No evidence to suggest otherwise, but I'm more likely to believe he has been the same all along, and either not been caught or Melbourne have managed to sweep it under the rug where they keep the other set of books.
I think it's a huge gamble bringing in Munster or Smith, and you say it would be stupid to pass on them, perhaps you are right, but I think I'd err on the side of caution (and stupidity).
Of course it doesn't matter as Munster will go to the Plastics, and Smith will stay put, but if any of that changes and the Broncos have a chance to sign one of them, they probably will, as my opinion has very little weight around Red Hill LOL :)

Melbourne don't have an incredibly young and inexperienced squad.

Bellamy is a strong coach that has learned how handle these sort of influences. not to mention he has had leaders like Cam Smith and Slater around the club.

We aren't dealing with a squad full of young impressionable children here. That's a rubbish excuse.

They couldn’t stop Bromwich and NAS from getting in trouble. They didn’t have Smith and Slater around the club this year like they have in previous years and Munster and Smith became leaders at the club, where were the issues? Players that are bad for culture and are bad influences, it’s going to affect the playing group but that hasn’t happened.

You’re basing your opinion on one incident meanwhile the players they have played with have nothing but good things to say about them and how much of a positive influence they have on a side.

To say they are bad for culture and are bad influences is rubbish.

We aren't dealing with a squad full of young impressionable children here. That's a rubbish excuse.

They couldn’t stop Bromwich and NAS from getting in trouble. They didn’t have Smith and Slater around the club this year like they have in previous years and Munster and Smith became leaders at the club, where were the issues? Players that are bad for culture and are bad influences, it’s going to affect the playing group but that hasn’t happened.

You’re basing your opinion on one incident meanwhile the players they have played with have nothing but good things to say about them and how much of a positive influence they have on a side.

To say they are bad for culture and are bad influences is rubbish.
The culture that Cronk, Slater and Smith instilled in the playing group, and has been heavily carried on by Finucane thus far, will very much start to crumble if they start losing.

They looked pretty ordinary against Penrith, bordering on desperate at times. They didn’t seem to have a plan B.

So I’m not saying you are right or wrong, but let’s give it more than 12 months after Smith has left and now Finucane as well, before we see how good Munster and BSmith are as leaders.

The culture that Cronk, Slater and Smith instilled in the playing group, and has been heavily carried on by Finucane thus far, will very much start to crumble if they start losing.

They looked pretty ordinary against Penrith, bordering on desperate at times. They didn’t seem to have a plan B.

So I’m not saying you are right or wrong, but let’s give it more than 12 months after Smith has left and now Finucane as well, before we see how good Munster and BSmith are as leaders.
I doubt smith will be there next year.

Bulldogs have made their final 2 signings in Burns and Max King, looks like more for Depth.
Other than Peachy which we said no to, anyone know if we are targeting anyone, or are their rumours linking us to anyone. Or will we be holding the spots for those who impress during the preseason.

On D. Lui I wouldn't mind seeing him back at the club, maybe on like a train and trial deal (i hear Ash Taylor could be signing one soon with Warriors), it will be quiet a drop but if no other club is willing then that could be his only option

Harrison Graham signed with Broncos. Has played ISC for Wynnum this year and will play Colts prelim tomorrow.

Had a very good year in Colts. Tidy hooker.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2021/04/20/heavy-lifter---harrison-graham/

Interesting.. He looks better than Turpin to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • cento
  • PETERN
  • lynx000
  • mystico
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.