Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grant's a pipe dream. the Storm know how good he is and he will end up with a large portion of Smiths cash to ensure they don't lose him.

Hughes on the other hand is obtainable ... although i would prefer we chase him as a fullback instead of a half
Everyone has their price , plus Bellamy and possibly bunn (family friends) will be gone when his contract is up. Also he loves the beach so it isn't so far fetched if we come up with the right price, better value for grant at 1 mil than Hughes @ $800k imo

I actually don't know what Griffin is thinking ... trying to lure Macca (who is on the wrong side of 30 and on decent money) when you haven't made an offer for your 26 year old captain, who plays the same position. not to mention that Macca isn't an upgrade on McInnes
Unless McInnes has told them that he is moving on or he has fallen out with Griffin already (which is entirely possible).

I actually don't know what Griffin is thinking ... trying to lure Macca (who is on the wrong side of 30 and on decent money) when you haven't made an offer for your 26 year old captain, who plays the same position. not to mention that Macca isn't an upgrade on McInnes
Do you think Hook is still a Broncos fan/spy? Trying to help us out!!

Not the guy I would be chasing for big bucks.

On another note with Grant loving the beach, you guys do know there are beaches like 10 minutes from the Melbourne CBD right?

On another note with Grant loving the beach, you guys do know there are beaches like 10 minutes from the Melbourne CBD right?
Yeah People here need to be more realistic about how appealing living in Brisbane is to rich and famous 18-25 year olds.

Melbourne is ideal. Less spotlight than Sydney, more clubs/bars/cafes/restaurants/hot girls closer to the coast, and way less bogans than Brisbane. Not to mention the best coaching and standard of facilities and high odds of playing in, if not winning a GF.

Then it would be the roosters because glammer club and eastern suburbs life style.

Then probably the Goldy, except their club has historically sucked. If Goldcoast actually becomes a consistent top 4 team it’ll be a very appealing destination for young guys.

Brisbane is a city with country town vibes, no coastline, a mediocre nightlife, none of the luxuries a young millionaire can take advantage of, and now their team is “rebuilding”.

Fox Sports are saying we’ve told Macca he won’t be getting a deal after this year and that he can go to the Dragons now but we aren’t paying a cent more for him this season
I find this news quite concerning, I worry that if Macca leaves the club at the point I’ll have to change my avatar and user title.

I'd be reasonably interested in Hughes as a Fullback but given he's looking for around $700-750kk at minimum you'd have to question if that was honestly good value given people were baulking at Corey Allan for half that money and both players carry a decent amount of risk and are not exactly elite level players at this stage. Hughes is certainly 'better' and more proven, but is he twice as good a Fullback as Allan? I'd suggest probably not.

There were also people baulking at Brandon Smith for similar money and he actually played a far more important position that we also desperately need filled with a high quality player. If Grant is highly unlikely, and I believe he is, then Smith was certainly less so and for that sort of cash he's the one I think I'd be willing to go in hard to secure.

Buying Hughes as a Half seems bizarre at best given we still have a year of Milford left at least and we've essentially banked our future on Dearden becoming a gun too so if that's all he wants to do then I'd definitely not be entertaining it unless we've already decided Milford has no future here, which would be totally contradictory to everything Walters has actually said up to this point.

Last edited:

Yep full of whites and cold as **** , also not even close to the southern beaches of the GC or northern NSW . Hes a keen surfer

Yep full of whites and cold as **** , also not even close to the southern beaches of the GC or northern NSW . Hes a keen surfer

Bells Beach is about as far from Melbourne as the GC is from Brisbane. And yeah, the weather is better up there in winter for sure but it would make more sense for him to go to the Titans if he wants a beach life and a club on the way up. Unless he wants to surf at Nudgee?

Bells Beach is about as far from Melbourne as the GC is from Brisbane. And yeah, the weather is better up there in winter for sure but it would make more sense for him to go to the Titans if he wants a beach life and a club on the way up. Unless he wants to surf at Nudgee?
He can go surf at Wynnum?😅

Yeah People here need to be more realistic about how appealing living in Brisbane is to rich and famous 18-25 year olds.

Melbourne is ideal. Less spotlight than Sydney, more clubs/bars/cafes/restaurants/hot girls closer to the coast, and way less bogans than Brisbane. Not to mention the best coaching and standard of facilities and high odds of playing in, if not winning a GF.

Then it would be the roosters because glammer club and eastern suburbs life style.

Then probably the Goldy, except their club has historically sucked. If Goldcoast actually becomes a consistent top 4 team it’ll be a very appealing destination for young guys.

Brisbane is a city with country town vibes, no coastline, a mediocre nightlife, none of the luxuries a young millionaire can take advantage of, and now their team is “rebuilding”.
Yeah cause Brisbane is miles away from awesome surf beaches . And if you think stuck up pompous ***** aren't as bad as bogans then maybe you should move there.
And if you think Brisbane as a whole dosen't have a coastline then you're geographically retarded.
I could keep going but I won't because I know for a fact grant is keen on coming back to Queensland, rant over

Know way bells is better than snapper bro !
Some broncos live on the GC, Lockyer is at palmy ffs . I travel between the GC and Brisbane most of the week it takes me 45m , bells is over an hour and a half.

Yeah cause Brisbane is miles away from awesome surf beaches . And if you think stuck up pompous ***** aren't as bad as bogans then maybe you should move there.
And if you think Brisbane as a whole dosen't have a coastline then you're geographically retarded.
I could keep going but I won't because I know for a fact grant is keen on coming back to Queensland, rant over
I did move to Sydney. Never looked back. It would be nice to return to slow old Brisbane when I’m ready to settle into family life and spend all day staring at my lawn. No way it’s the best option for a young guy with money of all available.

it’s better than say, Penrith or Canberra but it isn’t better than Melbourne for that demographic.

I've been to a beach near Melbourne before. It was garbage, shit surf, shit sand and it was fucking freezing. Had to wear long trousers and a hoody in November!

I'd be reasonably interested in Hughes as a Fullback but given he's looking for around $700-750kk at minimum you'd have to question if that was honestly good value given people were baulking at Corey Allan for half that money and both players carry a decent amount of risk and are not exactly elite level players at this stage. Hughes is certainly 'better' and more proven, but is he twice as good a Fullback as Allan? I'd suggest probably not.

There were also people baulking at Brandon Smith for similar money and he actually played a far more important position that we also desperately need filled with a high quality player. If Grant is highly unlikely, and I believe he is, then Smith was certainly less so and for that sort of cash he's the one I think I'd be willing to go in hard to secure.

Buying Hughes as a Half seems bizarre at best given we still have a year of Milford left at least and we've essentially banked our future on Dearden becoming a gun too so if that's all he wants to do then I'd definitely not be entertaining it unless we've already decided Milford has no future here, which would be totally contradictory to everything Walters has actually said up to this point.
At fullback, Allan for 400-450k vs Hughes 700k, I'd take Hughes every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.