Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the titans get him for nothing. B smith then comes out saying it’s always been his dream to play for such a professional organisation like the titans
compared to Brisbane....um...they actually are....

No way. If we lose Staggs we have nothing left in attack. B.Smith running hard sometimes and being a bit funny won’t replace that.
happy for Staggs to test the market.....im thinking he will be surprised...

We really need to build a war chest and do next season what the Dogs did this year. The Bulldogs signings have created a momentum of their own, heaps of media coverage and hype amongst fans etc...

We can exploit that type of situation if we start announcing good signings one after the other....players DO respond if they believe a club is prepared to pay and are on the up....

Cause as of now, we offer a wooden spoon and work under a novice coach....

Last edited:
happy for Staggs to test the market.....im thinking he will be surprised...

We really need to build a war chest and do next season what the Dogs did this year. The Bulldogs signings have created a momentum of their own, heaps of media coverage and hype amongst fans etc...

We can exploit that type of situation if we start announcing good signings one after the other....players DO respond if they believe a club is prepared to pay and are on the up....

Cause as of now, we offer a wooden spoon and work under a novice coach....
Yeah I think Kev realises that and he is making a plan to target some good players like Brandon and reportedly even Jahrome Hughes... he isn’t mucking around and I think with what was on offer and not throwing away future cap space he did well in signing the likes of Asiata, Copley and Mead who are well rounded and consistent professionals especially Asiata brings a lot to our attack

Imagine if Kevvie could bring in B.Smith, Hughes and Capewell for 22 and ship out Milford, Macca and Glenn, retain Staggs, Piakura and Coates and turn Walsh into a gun fullback. I would love the man even more than I already do!

Imagine if Kevvie could bring in B.Smith, Hughes and Capewell for 22 and ship out Milford, Macca and Glenn, retain Staggs, Piakura and Coates and turn Walsh into a gun fullback. I would love the man even more than I already do!
Hughs at fullback and B Smith at hooker is great. But who plays 6? Or if Hughes is at 6 who goes fullback?

1. Hughes / Walsh
6. Drinkwater / Staggs / Dearden
7. Dearden / Hughes
9. Smith

?

Last edited:
We don't need Capewell with rikki , piakura and Tpj. His stocks would have gone up .

We don't need Capewell with rikki , piakura and Tpj. His stocks would have gone up .

It is still good to have some experience that isn’t 33+ and well past it. TPJ is no certainty to be a second rower or even at the club. The other two will still be extremely raw come the start of next season.

I’d look at something like:

8. Haas
10. Carrigan
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Asiata/TPJ/Bullemor

15. Flegler
16. TPJ/Bullemor
17. Piakura

We have to stop handing kids starts just cos they are promising and being offered overs by other clubs but by no means ready.

Plus if there are injuries, Capewell is a more than handy centre.

Last edited:
I'd be thinking:

1. Hughes
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
9. Smith
Yeah potentially I think Hughes would be more successful personally at fullback but as a spine I think it would function better with Staggs at fullback and Hughes at 6

Yeah potentially I think Hughes would be more successful personally at fullback but as a spine I think it would function better with Staggs at fullback and Hughes at 6

I think you are right to be honest. That said, I’m seriously hoping we don’t pay 700k for Hughes, he isn’t what the club needs. I’d prefer to back Walsh or even Niu given we missed out on Allan and are probably not even in the hunt for Brimson. Not really considering anyone else.

I think you are right to be honest. That said, I’m seriously hoping we don’t pay 700k for Hughes, he isn’t what the club needs. I’d prefer to back Walsh or even Niu given we missed out on Allan and are probably not even in the hunt for Brimson. Not really considering anyone else.
Personally I think Staggs should be left in the centre’s for now... I just think make sure over the next year or two making sure he stays fit and destructive once coming back from injury than get him into those higher impact positions

Last edited:
I‘d be happy to give Dick fingers Oates to the storm for smith.

For those of you wanting Capewell, remember Joffa had one good game in Origin too.

Capewell had two and in two different positions. Plus, he won't be on the same ridiculous salary Joffa was.

Any news on the most important signing, Donaghy?

Latest news story about it was Melbourne didn't want to release him or something. Probably know more pretty soon after White goes.

Any news on the most important signing, Donaghy?
It will be interesting to watch. If he comes to Brisbane straight after his contract ends in violation of his “non compete “ clause, what sort of damages could Melbourne claim? Or is there a specific figure attached to it - violate the clause and you owe us 100K type thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.