Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons have released Korbin Sims to the Super League - perhaps allowing Joe O to head there.
God I hope that's true. Would he good if we had some signing news...

I'm really not a fan of releasing players if we don't actually have decent replacements lined up. Ofa hasn't been great, but better than having more rookies.
A decent replacement for Offa would be a brick. Except the brick would he smarter.

Lol at them thinking Ofahengaue is an upgrade on Aloiai, guess they didn't watch us in 2020.

Joe O has unfollowed broncos and started following tigers on Instagram apparently? Anyone heard anything about him leaving?

His insta profile still says “broncos player 212”. If he was salty he’d delete that line.

What is there to be positive about? We just won the wooden spoon and that team got actively worse from winning the spoon and apart from re-signing a couple of kids have made NO signings, that's not a typo, NO MOTHERFUCKING SIGNINGS. These ***** have looked at the team and gone "thank **** we got rid of Bird and Fifita, now we can really start surging up the ladder. Now if we can just get someone to take Staggs and Dearden we are a real premiership chance".

Every other team has improved their roster but our bunch of flogs are sitting there playing with themselves in between browsing Seek while the fans line up to watch us go back to back spooners.

This is fucking outrageous and I am so sick of it.
What is there to be positive about? We just won the wooden spoon and that team got actively worse from winning the spoon and apart from re-signing a couple of kids have made NO signings, that's not a typo, NO MOTHERFUCKING SIGNINGS. These ***** have looked at the team and gone "thank **** we got rid of Bird and Fifita, now we can really start surging up the ladder. Now if we can just get someone to take Staggs and Dearden we are a real premiership chance".

Every other team has improved their roster but our bunch of flogs are sitting there playing with themselves in between browsing Seek while the fans line up to watch us go back to back spooners.

This is fucking outrageous and I am so sick of it.
Spot on the reason the titans warriors and bulldogs are going to improve is they had enough at losing and went after any decent player they could get their hands on however we are the useless ducks that haven’t done shit

Clubs signing and unveiling players left, right and centre today, meanwhile we continue to do...nothing.

Honest question Sproj, aside from Asiata, who on the market currently would you be signing for 2021?

among the usual stuff new recruits typically say like winning premierships is the goal, i like the direction they're heading etc

he says this:

“It’s what’s best for myself and my family, I’ve got to look after them,” he said.

because you know how hard it is to look after your family on 750k a year ... damn near impossible

Dad wanted that new Lexus

As I said, I DESPERATELY WANT to be proven wrong, I am HOPING I will be.
I figure we have to move players before we can announce anything. We have probably tapped up some lower end players but there is nothing on the market for 2021 a top end 1,7 or 9, except Smith.

On the lower end I think Daine Laurie would have been a good signing but he has signed with tigers. Albert Hopate another option. Leutele or maybe a super league player looking to come back to Aus will join.

Last edited:

So we have to move Joffa on to sign Asiata, which reading between the lines means...we have no money...just as the board and coach keep saying...maybe they are telling the truth and you know what, given they aren't smart and leak everything, I think is beginning to look more and more true, if it didn't before.

The ones who are arguably not on the market but gettable:

Allan, Su'A, Capewell
I think only Allan is gettable for next year in that lot. I can't see the others being let go

The ones who are arguably not on the market but gettable:

Allan, Su'A, Capewell

No chance in hell Bennett lets Su'A and Allan walk away to the Broncos after the nature of his exit, so I wouldn't be calling them "gettable". Even Capewell is a long shot.

The fact of the matter is we as supporters just need to accept that 2021 is already a lost cause, and we just need to be buckling up and getting ready to unleash the warchest come 2022 when Milford and a whole heap of other dead wood is fucked off. The moment we enter off season 2021 is when we really need to put the clubs feet to the fire.

Im reasonably comfortable with us not signing anyone because I want us to sign the right player, not just sign any player. I dont think the market currently has the right players.
True but you still need 30 players for a season... preseason starts next week and what’s the point of starting preseason if you have 20 odd... 3 or 4 will still be on holidays and the other half’s injured... we keep moping around waiting for everything but we’re waiting for everyone else to move... for once we need to be in the driving seat and similarly to how the roosters have been previously and the titans and warriors have been this offseason we need to be ruthless and go get who we want... the warriors just signed bayley sironen who by no means I would ever have expected the Rabbitohs to release mid contract... the answer isn’t necessarily those off contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.