Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance in hell Bennett lets Su'A and Allan walk away to the Broncos after the nature of his exit, so I wouldn't be calling them "gettable". Even Capewell is a long shot.

The fact of the matter is we as supporters just need to accept that 2021 is already a lost cause, and we just need to be buckling up and getting ready to unleash the warchest come 2022 when Milford and a whole heap of other dead wood is fucked off. The moment we enter off season 2021 is when we really need to put the clubs feet to the fire.

We should be signing these guys for 2022 right now if that is what we are waiting for but I feel fairly confident that our club has absolutely no plan whatsoever for who they want / need.

Sounds very much like Joffa is on his way. His partner isnt keen on the move, which could throw a spanner in the works, but if its best for him i reckon she will probably do whats best for Joe.

He's a good bloke, but no doubt he is prone to doing some really silly stuff.

True but you still need 30 players for a season... preseason starts next week and what’s the point of starting preseason if you have 20 odd... 3 or 4 will still be on holidays and the other half’s injured... we keep moping around waiting for everything but we’re waiting for everyone else to move... for once we need to be in the driving seat and similarly to how the roosters have been previously and the titans and warriors have been this offseason we need to be ruthless and go get who we want... the warriors just signed bayley sironen who by no means I would ever have expected the Rabbitohs to release mid contract... the answer isn’t necessarily those off contract

I'm just not seeing anyone out there now who would be an upgrade on a lot of our players. Anyone we bring in has to offer with better than what we have or possibly some experience for our younger blokes to learn from. I'm just not seeing them being available.

He'll probably just be back after a year like McCullough and Kahu.

Nahh, this one will be more like us moving on Moose. We will be chipping in for him to get him off the books. I'd say we are going for Asiata.

So we were never keeping Fifita. The 750k offer was a crock of shit because we never had it.

We should be signing these guys for 2022 right now if that is what we are waiting for but I feel fairly confident that our club has absolutely no plan whatsoever for who they want / need.
The only way I see Sua coming back is if Bennett comes back in some capacity. He straight up doesn't like the management at our club, the way they treated Bennett, and then the way they turfed him instead of having faith in him. And although it's speculation, I have no doubt the reason Fifita chased the money in the end is because of the Bennett situation too. Why stay loyal to a club that has just backstabbed its very own icon.

It's all part of a toxic management culture and Walters has one hell of a job on his hands to undo the damage of the board and Seibold and if we're to believe Smokin Joe, it doesn't look like the board has learned anything and Walters will struggle to get anything done.

The only way I see Sua coming back is if Bennett comes back in some capacity. He straight up doesn't like the management at our club, the way they treated Bennett, and then the way they turfed him instead of having faith in him. And although it's speculation, I have no doubt the reason Fifita chased the money in the end is because of the Bennett situation too. Why stay loyal to a club that has just backstabbed its very own icon.

It's all part of a toxic management culture and Walters has one hell of a job on his hands to undo the damage of the board and Seibold and if we're to believe Smokin Joe, it doesn't look like the board has learned anything and Walters will struggle to get anything done.

Yep I totally agree but if Donuty can come and board and sprinkles his magic cinnabon all over the joint, there might just be some sweet, sweet fired goodness at the end of this pressure cooker of a burnt to a crisp club.

Last edited:
Or Asiata is coming in on another stupidly big wage.

Apparently Joe O has stopped following us on Insta and started following the tigers. No idea if it is true but someone on a Facebook group said it and confirming would be using more effort than the Broncos admin team have over the last few years so I can’t be fucked.
Why do players bother doing that😂 it's a dead giveaway and it's a dickhead move

Yep I totally agree but if Donuty can come and board and sprinkles his magic cinnabon all over the joint, there might just be some sweet, sweet fired goodness at the end of this pressure cooker of a burnt to a crisp club.
That's what I'm holding on to hope for. This is a guy coming from the best run club in the game. Surely they listen to him

That's what I'm holding on to hope for. This is a guy coming from the best run club in the game. Surely they listen to him

Hehe there are new depths of despair to go into you know.

I'm just not seeing anyone out there now who would be an upgrade on a lot of our players. Anyone we bring in has to offer with better than what we have or possibly some experience for our younger blokes to learn from. I'm just not seeing them being available.
I understand what you mean... but most of our players are no good... we are now just to scared to lose the next Lockyer or Smith that we can’t hang onto decent players... we have a squad with a shit ton of talent and potential but zero ability... even if it meant signing players with less hype that just do their job for a year than that’s what we have to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.