Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widdop is reportedly going strong and killing it in the ESL.... Reynolds and Souths deny this modified training program ... which is why before they sign they should get extensive medical checks done. If 100% fit both will be huge assets for us. Especially with a lack of quality halves on the market

He hasnt been great tbh. He was very good against Leigh last week, but they are the super league equivalent of the Broncos or the Cowboys right now!

I think its all going to end in tears with Staggs at 6. We should be putting our efforts and money into a 9 and 7, not a makeshift 6 with no track record.

I think we need to chose between either Staggs or Dearden in the halves and go to the market for an experienced player to compliment whoever you pick. 7 Reynolds/ 6 Staggs or 7 Dearden / 6 SJ would be my suggestion some tweaking at 1 and 9 is still required regardless.

I think its all going to end in tears with Staggs at 6. We should be putting our efforts and money into a 9 and 7, not a makeshift 6 with no track record.
Wholeheartedly agree. Though I think provided he can still cut it as a fairly elite Centre it's not likely to completely ruin us if the experiment fails, perhaps just not provide great value for money, but still not a write off totally in the way Bird was.

Wholeheartedly agree. Though I think provided he can still cut it as a fairly elite Centre it's not likely to completely ruin us if the experiment fails, perhaps just not provide great value for money, but still not a write off totally in the way Bird was.

As long as he stays fit. Bird was still a good player, he has just been destroyed now with injury.

As long as he stays fit. Bird was still a good player, he has just been destroyed now with injury.
Yeah of course, that goes without saying. We could sign Harry Grant and have it end in tears if he didn't stay fit.

Assuming no injury issues, best case scenario is he thrives in the Halves and the worst case scenario is that we've moderately overpaid for a very good, potentially elite Centre.

Yeah exactly, no harm in trying. Obviously it will be Staggs for Milford which at least his running game will be great , just needs to work on other areas and if he can't make the transition back to center he goes.
It's also the first piece of Kevie's spine moving forward, how good he can be also depends on the rest of the spine. Either way imo we need a class 9 or 7 .

Yeah exactly, no harm in trying. Obviously it will be Staggs for Milford which at least his running game will be great , just needs to work on other areas and if he can't make the transition back to center he goes.
It's also the first piece of Kevie's spine moving forward, how good he can be also depends on the rest of the spine. Either way imo we need a class 9 or 7 .
We realistically probably need both. Dearden and Staggs likely only works if you have a very good Number 9 helping steer the ship.

We realistically probably need both. Dearden and Staggs likely only works if you have a very good Number 9 helping steer the ship.
Yeah, and honestly I don't think there is one atm . As much as I like Harry Grant it would be a big ask even for him , Josh Hodgson would be the only one imo .
Dearden definitely needs to show more but realistically he's still only a kid.
Time will only tell what they're thinking.

Yeah, and honestly I don't think there is one atm . As much as I like Harry Grant it would be a big ask even for him , Josh Hodgson would be the only one imo .
Dearden definitely needs to show more but realistically he's still only a kid.
Time will only tell what they're thinking.
There really isn't one that instantly fits the bill. Brandon Smith is the only one with the potential to be very good and the possibility of being pried away from his current club, but even he's a bit of a gamble.

Simpkin is braining them in Reserve Grade this year but I doubt the Tigers will let him slip away. Ben Hunt comes with a huge bill but if you could negotiate the Dragons paying some of it, and you could convince him that he really is a Number 9, he might be the best option available.

There really isn't one that instantly fits the bill. Brandon Smith is the only one with the potential to be very good and the possibility of being pried away from his current club, but even he's a bit of a gamble.

Simpkin is braining them in Reserve Grade this year but I doubt the Tigers will let him slip away. Ben Hunt comes with a huge bill but if you could negotiate the Dragons paying some of it, and you could convince him that he really is a Number 9, he might be the best option available.
Yeah can't believe we lost simpkin , obviously cloning paix into a cook was their great white hope.

With the right players around him it could work, we don’t have the right players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• DMZ
  • Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.