Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could always return some of your salary in concert with lower expectations of performance ? Novel concept I know

No one on here thought these things about Ash Taylor. Virtually identical situation even including being wooden spooners with nuffir coaching.
I never had an opinion here on Ash Taylor, however i would agree he was in a very similar situation to Milf.

I never had an opinion here on Ash Taylor, however i would agree he was in a very similar situation to Milf.
No condemnation from me about your post. I simply was pointing out that Taylor had identical issues and acted on it coming out bigger and stronger. Milford didn't feel the need to play well all the time as he was guaranteed a huge income for years. I think it says a lot about both players whilst I acknowledge I don't know all the background and could be speaking absolute shit(again🙂)

No condemnation from me about your post. I simply was pointing out that Taylor had identical issues and acted on it coming out bigger and stronger. Milford didn't feel the need to play well all the time as he was guaranteed a huge income for years. I think it says a lot about both players whilst I acknowledge I don't know all the background and could be speaking absolute shit(again🙂)
As nice as it must be to earn a large paycheck for playing the sport you love, the pressures involved in being expected to live up to that paycheck must be immense.
Those pressures would be compounded when your team is doing poorly and the brunt of the blame is coming your way.
Do these clubs have psych programs for the players? Does anyone know?

I'll be really off Kevvie if we bring Billy in. We have Albert Kelly, Cory Paix and Tyson Gamble already here who can fill the same roles here.
We don’t have Albert kelly

As nice as it must be to earn a large paycheck for playing the sport you love, the pressures involved in being expected to live up to that paycheck must be immense.
Those pressures would be compounded when your team is doing poorly and the brunt of the blame is coming your way.
Do these clubs have psych programs for the players? Does anyone know?
Yeah well as bad as the psychological effect it seems to have on him. it’s the risk you take when you sign a milliondollar contract, you got the luxuries and the risks and not so nice stuff as well... if he felt the pressure was that bad he should’ve asked for a release and gone to a club that will pay half the price or even not take up his player option

Not officially.
I’ll accept it if it happens next year with a few of the other nobodies moving on and give benefit of the doubt that he’s on minimum wage and will add to team culture but saving a spot for him this year would be unforgivable.

Yeah well as bad as the psychological effect it seems to have on him. it’s the risk you take when you sign a milliondollar contract, you got the luxuries and the risks and not so nice stuff as well... if he felt the pressure was that bad he should’ve asked for a release and gone to a club that will pay half the price or even not take up his player option

Its one of those situations with him where i feel sorry for him but i dont. Its his choice to take the money, but at the same time, looking at him the other night in the sheds he looked broken. Tbh, Kevvie should pull him out of the firing line for his own wellbeing.

Its one of those situations with him where i feel sorry for him but i dont. Its his choice to take the money, but at the same time, looking at him the other night in the sheds he looked broken. Tbh, Kevvie should pull him out of the firing line for his own wellbeing.
That’s why he should accept that he’s not getting a million a year ever again and take a pay cut if Reynolds is what the broncos are chasing. That way he can relief himself of all pressure and hopefully enjoy footy again next to an established half. Of course it all hinges on what the broncos decide to do

That’s why he should accept that he’s not getting a million a year ever again and take a pay cut if Reynolds is what the broncos are chasing. That way he can relief himself of all pressure and hopefully enjoy footy again next to an established half. Of course it all hinges on what the broncos decide to do

I think he does know that tbh. He wont be at the Broncos next year imo.

I would keep Milford on a reduced contract, the 400-500k mentioned previously is about right, less if he’ll stay for that obviously, 1 year with an option in the clubs favour. I think he would be a great 14 plus cover for halves and fullback. I reckon i’d put him in Q cup and let him run rings around those boys for a while (hopefully). Let him get a bit of confidence back. Put him at Easts with special K.
What’s he done to earn 400k? He’s not first grade quality anymore. 110k or whatever minimum wage is for the NRL is all he’s worth

Then playing him is a problem.
It is, but even with him playing like he is he is still a better option ( and thats not saying much really ) than Croft or a clearly not ready Dearden. Dont think he is ever going to become top line again, but i think he would certainly be better if we didnt have him trying to play 6 and 7. He seems to take on way too much responsibility for our last play options, we need another option. Probably a lesser or two evils though still playing him for this year unless we can jag somebody like Widdop on a cut price deal for 2021, or even just let Khunt take the reins.

What’s he done to earn 400k? He’s not first grade quality anymore. 110k or whatever minimum wage is for the NRL is all he’s worth

If he kills it for the rest of the year i'd offer him a 1 year deal at about $300k, and thats only if he really, really steps up. I dont think as a club, even for players like Staggs, we should be offering more than 2 year deals right now. Put them all on notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Thelmus
  • DrGee
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.