Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke about that in another thread. I remember hearing he wanted to head back to Sydney midway through the year so I’m surprised nothing had been announced until today. Blue heart is probably a hint, I imagine he’s joining one of his brothers at the Bulldogs.

Finally a bit of good news. Joe O is next. We may not be signing anyone but we are certainly cutting away some dead wood

Last edited:
Hopoate was always going to be one of those work in progress players. Anybody who watched him coming through would tell you he had the skill to play first grade but his behaviour off the field stunted his development as a player. I don't think he was the right fit for the Broncos. If somebody was going to take him on, they needed to exclusively use him in the middle and get players use to his style of play. When Seibold started talking him up as an edge backrow, I knew it wasn't going to end well. He can play there in a pinch, but he's a loose forward through and through. I was not shocked at all to see him have a couple of shockers there and unfortunately it marred his season.

The Bulldogs seem to be the likely destination. That will be a decent fit, he'll provide them with more spark and give them options with their team composition. He's worked with Barrett in the past so Trent will know what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Hopoate was always going to be one of those work in progress players. Anybody who watched him coming through would tell you he had the skill to play first grade but his behaviour off the field stunted his development as a player. I don't think he was the right fit for the Broncos. If somebody was going to take him on, they needed to exclusively use him in the middle and get players use to his style of play. When Seibold started talking him up as an edge backrow, I knew it wasn't going to end well. He can play there in a pinch, but he's a loose forward through and through. I was not shocked at all to see him have a couple of shockers there and unfortunately it marred his season.

The Bulldogs seem to be the likely destination. That will be a decent fit, he'll provide them with more spark and give them options with their team composition. He's worked with Barrett in the past so Trent will know what his strengths and weaknesses are.
Maybe they get Albert too and all the brothers are on the books

The titans are treading a very dangerous path here. A keep the boys together mentality and signing younger brothers as an obvious ploy to keep young stars happy will not end well for them.......
Something about lunatics and an asylum ?

I thought Hopoate was terrible in the back row for the Phins and Mogg didnt stick with that experiment too long and moved him back to lock.

I spoke about about Haas a few times this year, thought he was excellent in the Alf trophy for Keebra and thought the Broncos would give him something if nothing else just to keep Payne happy without Payne I thought he was worth a development deal. Titans getting their school systems in place.

Keeba kept saying through out the year he isn't signed but he will be by the end.

I spoke about about Haas a few times this year, thought he was excellent in the Alf trophy for Keebra and thought the Broncos would give him something if nothing else just to keep Payne happy without Payne I thought he was worth a development deal. Titans getting their school systems in place.

Keeba kept saying through out the year he isn't signed but he will be by the end.
What about tino's brother

re Jamil, did have some shockers which I, like many, gave him hell for as it was just another negative of our season, but he started coming good and if nothing else was always full of energy which we sorely needed more often.

Wish him the best, considering what he's had to deal with in life

Mole Warning!
We are signing David Mead from Catalans.

The Mole: Brisbane close to signing former Bronco, Titans winger David Mead​

Surely for depth

What about tino's brother

He was playing Flegg so I haven't seen him.

They're just out of school, they will play Colts for Tweed and see how they go, won't be on the cap and they will be on no money just a stab worth taking.

Mole Warning!
We are signing David Mead from Catalans.

The Mole: Brisbane close to signing former Bronco, Titans winger David Mead​

Awesome .that's a good signing

I'm hoping they are signing on a no dickhead policy with a good attitude towards training. Bit of experience too.
I never thought I'd say this but I'd be happy with David mead, copley, asiata, and chambers. Yes, chambers is a dickhead, but after hearing that he drove the storm culture a lot when he was there I have certainly come around to signing him. Any of Allan, Capewell, gagai would be great too obviously but I'm hoping everyone they sign is for 1 year so we have a MASSIVE warchest for 2022.
Defence should be the key this year. That's attitude and communication included...

Last edited:

Why would we want to keep our best player happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.