Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
we easily have the team to be top 8.

smart recruiting by Kevvie and it won't take long to be top 4.

Kevvie is one of the best halves coaches in the game ... under him, Dearden and Milford, could really hit top form and will surprise a few people

we don't need a full overhaul ... just tweaks

Love your glass half full optimism mate. You are a good fan. I hope you are right but from my end there are some serious deficiencies with this squad as it sits right now.

Name a squad that is worse than ours right now in terms of quality. Maybe Canterbury.

Last edited:

johnyE

NYC Player
sunshine Coast

Kevvie is one of the best halves coaches in the game ... under him, Dearden and Milford, could really hit top form and will surprise a few people

This is the hope that KW will inspire them and get them playing their best football, with the best combinations , combined with better fitness levels and commitment , and that alone should make them competitive again . I'm sure the players he chooses will be fit for purpose and willing to play for each other . Fingers crossed I'm excited to see a vast improvement .

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane

I honestly hope you are right but I just can't see it.

Our squad personnel wise has gotten worse from our wooden spoon season with no additions insight. Add to that the fact that all other squads have gotten better I don't see how we get anywhere near the 8.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
I honestly hope you are right but I just can't see it.

Our squad personnel wise has gotten worse from our wooden spoon season with no additions insight. Add to that the fact that all other squads have gotten better I don't see how we get anywhere near the 8.

I am right ... as much as BHQ want to believe the sky is falling, I can tell you it's not.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I am right ... as much as BHQ want to believe the sky is falling, I can tell you it's not.
The sky already fell, mate. There’s no arguing this anymore. You haven’t just magically seen some sort of light the rest of us haven’t. You’re just trying to defend what happened this year. Yeah injuries fucked us, but so did a million other things that haven’t really been rectified. There’s going to need to be dramatic changes for anything you’re saying to come to fruition. Until then your confidence means nothing.

State of Origin Captain

You're singing a different song, I thought Kevvie was a blight on the coaching game and would never achieve anything apart from destroy Rugby League in France like a German tank.

The Strapper

NRL Player
I believe Lodge, Turpin and Staggs

Lodge and Staggs are proprities
Turpin would be as well, if we can't get anyone better

Ok
I think we can live with that but I NEVER want to see anyone given one again.
I cannot think of one player where giving them an option has worked out for us but can see a stack of them where the club has been well and truly burned.
NO MORE OPTIONS!

theshed

Return of the Mac
I think we will reach mid table despite the clubs incompetence because we have a decent enough squad and I have more faith in the current coaching team than the previous but i still think we will be a mess of a club until our cap is better balanced, Nolan goes or steeply improves, and the smell of White has left the premise.

How long that takes? I’m not so confident

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
With due acknowledgement to the 2020 soup of the injuries we had, the blindsiding of the 6 again rule, the shit coach and the poisonous influence on the culture that mainly came from Boyd, I fail to see how our 2021 roster is 'easily' a top 8 side. I would be happy to see them all lift and play as a team and threaten the 8 but I don't expect any more than that. Sad but true.

Bird Popcorn GIF by Cheezburger

BRONXFAN

U18 Player
Despite not being named in the NRL.com roster list Richie Kennar, Ethan Bullemor and Kobe Hetherington have been added to the Broncos.com rosters.

No sign of Tyson Gamble, Jamil Hopoate, Issac Luke, Pride Petterson-Robati, Ben Te'o or Ilkena Vudogo.

That's 26 players named of a possible 36. I presume Hetherington will remain in the development squad while Bullemor will be upgraded and join Kennar in the NRL squad.

That leaves the Broncos NRL squad with possibly 5 spots to fill for the 2021 season, it could be 6 if Bullemor is still in the development squad or 4 if Hetherington was actually added to the NRL squad. I expect those spots to be filled by new signings.

John Asiata, Dale Copley and Corey Allan are likely targets with the possibility of one more player.
Asiata, Copley, Allan and Gagai should be the targets, are they any forwards other than Asiata (or everyone happy with our pack)

Petch67

Banned User
Okay I've cleaned up this thread. Any more Titans crap in this thread that's not strictly relevant to the Broncos will be met with a thread ban. Keep this thread strictly to signing news that has an actual source or the post will be deleted.

I'll be making a new thread shortly for simple player/roster discussion. This thread is now for signing news/rumours WITH a source/link only.
Is there a ban on Cronulla sharts threads too🙄

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Well, if we can’t turn it into a Titans thread then why not just make it a Boyd thread?

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Well, if we can’t turn it into a Titans thread then why not just make it a Boyd thread?

If you get a heated response or get someone to comment negatively about Boyd, you have only yourself to blame.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
You're singing a different song, I thought Kevvie was a blight on the coaching game and would never achieve anything apart from destroy Rugby League in France like a German tank.
You're forgetting one small thing. The board chose Kevvie, and therefore he is now perfect. The board can do no wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penza

Twitter