Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point, Coates grew up as a Titans' supporter. This concerns me.

Interesting point, Coates grew up as a Titans' supporter. This concerns me.
Munster was a Broncos tragic , still went to the Storm. And Coates is a coast boy so dosen't mean to much

The Titans are rumoured to have tabled a three-year $1.7 million offer to Xavier Coates, who went to Marymount College, and played for the Currumbin Eagles. Coates said:

“You have to keep your options open, but my preference is to stay at the Broncos. It was so difficult last year, but it feels like a new club (this season). There is a family feel and ‘Kevvie’ is a family-orientated bloke. He is getting the camaraderie going again and bringing back past players to have chats with us. I want to help turn this club around and whatever happens next year is down the track. My immediate focus is playing good football. But I’m 100 per cent dedicated to the Broncos so if I’m happy here, I will stay.”

McHunt

How can the Titans be in a position to pay a winger 500k a year after just throwing the bank at a few high quality forwards, that club shits me, they barely develop a player and leech off us like you wouldn't believe

He is one I REALLY want to keep, I think he has to be the priority, he is starting to deliver and still has so much upside. Importantly, he seems like a really good guy to have around the squad, he is extremely popular and likable.

The Titans are rumoured to have tabled a three-year $1.7 million offer to Xavier Coates, who went to Marymount College, and played for the Currumbin Eagles. Coates said:
Pfffttttt, they can have him for that. The Titans are either stupid or just trying to push our spend up.

Josh Addo-Carr is on $500k and I know who I would prefer.

Kurt Capewell on being cap squeezed out of Penrith:

“I have plenty of options and at the moment I am keeping it all open. Why would I want to leave a team like Penrith? They are flying and there is such a good culture at the club and I am loving every day at training. Ultimately, the goal is to continue playing for a team like that. I will see how it goes. I’m not really too worried about next year yet, it’s hard to worry about next year when you are in week-to-week mode throughout the season because you are so consumed about the next game. The other stuff will take care of itself.”

“Being a Queenslander … that (money and location) won‘t affect my decision at the end of the day. I want to go to a club that’s got the same culture as me and believes in the same sort of stuff, which is hard work and having that team culture. When you are making a decision like this, it’s not about money so much or where you have to live. That comes into it a bit, but as long as the club aligns with my values, that’s what I will look for.”

McHunt

So he’s the ONE (1) 😯
Tenor

“You have to keep your options open, but my preference is to stay at the Broncos. It was so difficult last year, but it feels like a new club (this season). There is a family feel and ‘Kevvie’ is a family-orientated bloke. He is getting the camaraderie going again and bringing back past players to have chats with us. I want to help turn this club around and whatever happens next year is down the track. My immediate focus is playing good football. But I’m 100 per cent dedicated to the Broncos so if I’m happy here, I will stay.”

McHunt
**** that... almost $600k a year... see ya later mate.

Unfortunate to see you go, but I think Petey B was meant to put $1.7M over 6yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BooKhaki
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • The Strapper
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.