Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok latest list (you know my fetish), thoughts?

1. Hammer
2. Coates (But not on what he wants)/Cobbo/H.Hunt
3. Farnworth
4. Mann/Opacic (apparently he is staying at Parra?)
5. Oates
6. Staggs
7. Taylor
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Su'A
12. Capewell
13.. Pangai Jr

14. Walters/Paix
15. Bullemor/Flegler/Carrigan/Kennedy
16. Solid first grader, I don't know who, maybe even from Q Cup
17. Riki/Piakura/Hetherington

This is 100% affordable and the beauty of the Mann signing is that if Staggs doesn't work out at six, you can easily swap them. This also means there is actually competition for spots on the bench and a little bit of depth even.
Not bad but I’m out for Taylor. I know he has a lot of supporters on here but I don’t think he is what we need. For mine we need an experience, hard nosed, seasoned half. And that’s A Rey (however I don’t believe he will leave Sydney). I still think we just give him an offer too hard to refuse. 1m for the first 2 years and 700k for the 3rd.
Also, if Staggs is given the 6, then he needs someone consistent next to him
Im also not opposed to Moses however I think he would crumble under the immense spotlight that is the Broncos. He’s worth taking a punt on at 850k imo.

On the Sam Walker situation, if what we were told is true, the Broncos organised an Uber for him to come and sign, without telling his family. Is that correct? If so, why? My conspiracy hat is firmly on tonight, if the Broncos aren't actually being brought down within, this leads me to believe that Walker actually wanted to sign with the Broncos, but it was the family that wanted him at the Roosters. I know at this point in time it's obvious why, but at that point in time we weren't quite the basket case.

Is that how the Roosters are able to sign all these young players? Relatively modest contracts for them (if we believe them), but they are very good at, um, convincing family members or player managers to push the players in their direction? I don't actually believe it to be the case (as our incompetence has been exposed elsewhere) but it would not be out of the realms of possibility.

The Uber story just sounds too far fetched unless the Broncos did it for a reason. Maybe it was an Uber and not a club official or fancy limo specifically so the family just thought the kid was going out to meet mates or something.

On the Sam Walker situation, if what we were told is true, the Broncos organised an Uber for him to come and sign, without telling his family. Is that correct? If so, why? My conspiracy hat is firmly on tonight, if the Broncos aren't actually being brought down within, this leads me to believe that Walker actually wanted to sign with the Broncos, but it was the family that wanted him at the Roosters. I know at this point in time it's obvious why, but at that point in time we weren't quite the basket case.

Is that how the Roosters are able to sign all these young players? Relatively modest contracts for them (if we believe them), but they are very good at, um, convincing family members or player managers to push the players in their direction? I don't actually believe it to be the case (as our incompetence has been exposed elsewhere) but it would not be out of the realms of possibility.

The Uber story just sounds too far fetched unless the Broncos did it for a reason. Maybe it was an Uber and not a club official or fancy limo specifically so the family just thought the kid was going out to meet mates or something.
Interesting plot twist if true, I like it

Sadly the kid grew up liking the Roosters so probably case closed

I really can’t see us landing Reynolds. A lot of people are banking on the fact that he’s coming and will be our saviour. But what if he doesn’t come? There really is no one else

I find it really hard to believe the Sharks have released Townsend and harshly lowballed SJ without something in place. They aren’t the broncos. If I had to gamble I’d say they have got Reynolds.

As unlikely as it is, I’m holding onto hope that we’ ve got Moses - I think Nolan chased him last contract.

The only other outcome is that we actually thought we wanted to keep Dearden but botched another contract and have no back up plan. My optimism refuses to believe it but it may be the most likely outcome.

Moses is maturing as we all do, but I don’t think he has the mental fortitude in to survive the Brisbane fishbowl. I’ve see him crack under pressure on a number of occasions. No thanks.

The only negative to this Dearden thing is that he didn’t want to be here... whilst I’m glad the wanker left cause he’s shit it really shows how far the club has fallen considering he wasn’t really get much money at the cows

Nolan has been chasing him for a while. apparently Bennett veto'ed the signing last time
Yep WB wanted Bird instead.

Love how everyone is desperate to sign playmakers and over the combinations we have now, But every players name that gets mentioned is “No thanks” “wouldn’t have him” “No way” yet what we currently have now isn’t working and it hasn’t been for ages...

Make up your minds or shut up ffs, sick of reading all this dribble.

DCE is 1.5 years older than Reynolds, how much time does he have left in him? Though who knows, maybe he can be like Smith or something and only retire so your club can keep a talented junior.

Moses is maturing as we all do, but I don’t think he has the mental fortitude in to survive the Brisbane fishbowl. I’ve see him crack under pressure on a number of occasions. No thanks.
I agree, he’s thriving in a strong team but I reckon he’d struggle here like he did at the Tigers.

Do you say this from knowing something or just your opinion? Don’t toy with my emotions Joey.

He is exactly what the club needs. Leadership, experience, directs a team well, has an existing relationship with Kev, is a Queenslander.... Ticks literally every single box we require.

We can afford to pick up Manly's tab for him as well, and extend his career a few more years.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.