Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Turpin go to the Titans and be really good there.

Last I read the Titans were more interested in signing England's Daryl Clark. I tend to think there is a better chance of Clark going to the Titans then Josh Hodgson going to the Broncos. Which would then make Jake Turpin expendable. Gus Gould dismissed the idea of Hodgson going to the Broncos on his podcast. Clark is under contract until the end of 2023 though.

Last I read the Titans were more interested in signing England's Daryl Clark. I tend to think there is a better chance of Clark going to the Titans then Josh Hodgson going to the Broncos. Which would then make Jake Turpin expendable. Gus Gould dismissed the idea of Hodgson going to the Broncos on his podcast. Clark is under contract until the end of 2023 though.
Well Gus would know...

This is a very well balanced side and I do like the possibility of Hodgson on only a two year deal, a more than decent stop gap until we get Harry.
The other thing is that Hodgson could very well play the "I'm homesick" card at any point in a contract and then he's off to super league at no cost to us... but if we had a spine of Reynolds and co he's probably already done his job and the club is probably already turning around and on the up

I wouldn't be surprised to see Turpin go to the Titans and be really good there.
Maybe good for the Burleigh Bears. Turps gives everything he has and plays to the best of his ability but he isn't a first grade calibre hooker. The fact that he is currently the club's #1 dummy half is a big factor in the demise of this club being competitive.

I wonder if Souths will reconsider a longer term offer for Reynolds if their rookie half bombs out tonight

Maybe good for the Burleigh Bears. Turps gives everything he has and plays to the best of his ability but he isn't a first grade calibre hooker. The fact that he is currently the club's #1 dummy half is a big factor in the demise of this club being competitive.

Well Turps is ok and would be a decent piece in a good spine, unfortunately our spine is rubbish.

Word on the street down here is that SJ hasnt been tabled an offer and doesnt think he will be at Brisbane.

Word on the street down here is that SJ hasnt been tabled an offer and doesnt think he will be at Brisbane.

Expectation: This means we have signed Adam Reynolds.

Reality: We have been dicked around and will end up with no-one.

too many blues in the team,

i hate the thought of having staggs and reynolds as our halves pairing
I disagree. Their common Aboriginal heritage will help ensure a close knit bond forms between master and apprentice. We need more Indigenous flair, the Broncos have been missing that for a while and Reynolds brings that in spades. If we have somebody like Hodgo mentoring Staggs then I'm sure they'll form a deadly combination.

Assume that'd be the first ever iteration of the Broncos with not a single Queenslander in the spine?

1. Isaako
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Hodgson

I disagree. Their common Aboriginal heritage will help ensure a close knit bond forms between master and apprentice. We need more Indigenous flair, the Broncos have been missing that for a while and Reynolds brings that in spades. If we have somebody like Hodgo mentoring Staggs then I'm sure they'll form a deadly combination.

I don't believe Reynolds is indigenous...

I think that’s harsh, Turpin is clearly a capable nrl player and a serviceable hooker. He also gives his all, something we shouldn’t be soo quick to dismiss given the efforts of some players.

Nah, that honour goes to all the other recent spine members.

Cost of living in Brisbane is a hell of a lot cheaper. A 3 or 4 year deal worth $800k a year would buy him a very nice house.
Sorry, but when you start quoting 'Brisbane's cost of living' when you’re creating an argument to entice or retain you’re wasting your time. Last thing on their minds.

I see it was thrown on up on Nine's QLDER show on YouTube the idea of Anthony Milford going to the Titans pairing up with Jamal Fogarty. Wally Lewis seemed more in favor of keeping the Ash Taylor and Fogarty pairing together but he concedes that Taylor is running out of time. He added he thought the best football came from Milford at fullback.

Taylor has been dropped from the Titans this week due to form and injuries. He hasn't been quite right since the hip surgery. Taylor does have the talent, but he just needs to find the consistency and to get it done. I wouldn't be completely against the idea of him as a cheap buy if the Titans were looking to part ways with him. He just needs to find a coach to try and get the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Maddy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • cento
  • Waynesaurus
  • The Don
  • Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Astro
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.