Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Garry saying Broncs won’t be offering Adam 4 yrs but are still confident he will sign.
The Broncos are offering some additional sweeteners beyond that playing stint apparently.. they would pretty much equate to that fourth year financially by my estimations

I get how player options work and how club options work but how does a mutual option work?

Grant has one in his last year at Storm. Seems redundant

Both parties have to agree to activate the fourth year, so it's essentially just a year in the clubs favor with the player getting at least some say in the matter. Maybe if the player activates but the club doesn't, the player walks away with a bit of a payout.

The only question I would ask of Boyd is his thinking process. He couldn't get the team up when heads dropped, could he pass on those skills that we know he has. Shane Warne can't teach or coach our spinners to be better, but he still has a keen cricket mind. Maybe Boyd is just a player and not a potential assistant, similar to Lockyer.
i like the warne analogy, his spin bowling came very natural to him and wasn't something he had to work hard to do same could be said with boyd in his prime it just was natural. natural instincts are hard to teach, but hard work like slaters is easily passed on and that's what makes bill a good good consultant the fact he had to work had for his success.

To be fair, he had stuff going on though.
They don't care. Quite a few posters hold players to standards that not even a 'god' could attain and certainly not the same standards by which they would choose to be judged against themselves. They don't care that Isaako is still just a kid, just learning a new role, learning that role under a spotlight and for a clueless coach all the while dealing with the agonizing and slow death of his father. On top of all those things is the strain of high intensity exercise, the discipline of stringent diet and an expectation that every second of every day he must be nice to all and a credit to his organization.

Nah, **** him, he's shit, sack him.

It's his first full season at fullback. I'm well aware he played a few games there last year. We had an accomplished world class fullback on our books already and a numptie coach. DB should never have been shifted.
You’re having a laugh if you think Boyd was world class in 2019/20.

Agree he was accomplished. But he wasn’t world class for at least a year before Seibold arrived.

He absolutely should have been shifted too. He was atrocious, downright diabolically bad at times.

Chris Garry saying Broncs won’t be offering Adam 4 yrs but are still confident he will sign.
Yep, the Broncos were never giving him 4 years. Never believed that for a second.

I actua
They don't care. Quite a few posters hold players to standards that not even a 'god' could attain and certainly not the same standards by which they would choose to be judged against themselves. They don't care that Isaako is still just a kid, just learning a new role, learning that role under a spotlight and for a clueless coach all the while dealing with the agonizing and slow death of his father. On top of all those things is the strain of high intensity exercise, the discipline of stringent diet and an expectation that every second of every day he must be nice to all and a credit to his organization.

Nah, **** him, he's shit, sack him.
actually think he has been improving week to week and whilst last week wasn't his best, I noticed his link play come on, along with running in support.
I think he still has a couple of mental hurdles with his focus and concentration but right I don't see any other alternatives around.
If we picked up paps, all good but a leader in the halves and quality hooker seem more important to me,along with an experienced second rower come centre like capewell or someone in his I'll.
My priorities would be:
1. Play maker and leader
2 hooker
3 experienced secondrower/ centre type
4 fullback.
But one thing with every one of them I want is that win at all costs attitude the likes of Tevita and gamble have. We have enough "athletes" who struggle with the mental side of the game. Balance in everything.

You’re having a laugh if you think Boyd was world class in 2019/20.

Agree he was accomplished. But he wasn’t world class for at least a year before Seibold arrived.

He absolutely should have been shifted too. He was atrocious, downright diabolically bad at times.
That's okay. I don't agree. I thought he played quite well and had a very solid season, one of our best in a truly dreadful year. Never stopped trying. If others had played as well as DB we'd have played finals. He may have been at the end of his career but he was still all class. Feel free to remember him as you like but I didn't think he had a bad game all year. Sure, maybe a couple average games but no poor games.

That's okay. I don't agree. I thought he played quite well and had a very solid season, one of our best in a truly dreadful year. Never stopped trying. If others had played as well as DB we'd have played finals. He may have been at the end of his career but he was still all class. Feel free to remember him as you like but I didn't think he had a bad game all year. Sure, maybe a couple average games but no poor games.
Come on mate, seriously?

To say he never stopped trying; some games he never even started.

Some of his efforts in defence made Milford look like Dallas Johnson.

For the record, I'm firmly of the belief that he never stopped trying, he just became increasingly shit at such a frightening rate that you could easily be forgiven for interpreting it as not trying.

This Reynolds situation is looking too good. Have a terrible feeling we're just going to get fucked over yet again.
This is where I am at, I am getting so excited now that I am terrified this will all fall in a heap.

Would love Reynolds here, my bad feeling is if we get him we get the old coach as the next signing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.