Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's his first full season at fullback. I'm well aware he played a few games there last year. We had an accomplished world class fullback on our books already and a numptie coach. DB should never have been shifted.
If he performed better then last year would have been his first full year at fullback. It's only down to him that he got moved really. I thought he started there ok last year but his form fell away rapidly.

Would love Reynolds here, my bad feeling is if we get him we get the old coach as the next signing though.
I was a fan of moving on from Bennett but after seeing the other side I would be stoked to go back, I never realised how great mediocrity is. People bad mouth mediocrity but the last few years have given me a great appreciation for it.

Take us back into your warm embrace Wayne!

If he performed better then last year would have been his first full year at fullback. It's only down to him that he got moved really. I thought he started there ok last year but his form fell away rapidly.
Fair enough. A loss of form and a loss of ability are not the same thing though, right? I guess I'm treating this year as his first real go but I must admit I got it wrong earlier on. He did start off last year as our fullback and that rightfully could be described as his rookie season in the position. 2020 isn't a fond memory and clearly not an accurate one either.

I got that wrong and accordingly apologize to those with whom I argued the toss. You guys were right and I was wrong.

Fair enough. A loss of form and a loss of ability are not the same thing though, right? I guess I'm treating this year as his first real go but I must admit I got it wrong earlier on. He did start off last year as our fullback and that rightfully could be described as his rookie season in the position. 2020 isn't a fond memory and clearly not an accurate one either.

I got that wrong and accordingly apologize to those with whom I argued the toss. You guys were right and I was wrong.
He didn't have a pre-season as starting fullback though. From memory he was either selected as the 14 or 18 for round 1. Jack Bird spent the off-season training at fullback and would have been our fullback had he not injured himself during the last training session before the season started.. So essentially, this season is his first season as starting fullback given he has been training there during the pre-season.

He didn't have a pre-season as starting fullback though. From memory he was either selected as the 14 or 18 for round 1. Jack Bird spent the off-season training at fullback and would have been our fullback had he not injured himself during the last training session before the season started.. So essentially, this season is his first season as starting fullback given he has been training there during the pre-season.
Isaako was the original choice for fullback but lost out to Jack Bird. Bird impressed the coaching staff more during the pre-season and out-played Isaako during the trials. Isaako still found a place in the team as the utility back off the bench before Bird suffered his ACL rupture in the lead up to the Cowboys game.

It's a role he's been groomed for ever since he joined the club in 2016. His game hasn't evolved that much in that space of time and he's still as wildly inconsistent as he was back then.

Isaako was the original choice for fullback but lost out to Jack Bird. Bird impressed the coaching staff more during the pre-season and out-played Isaako during the trials. Isaako still found a place in the team as the utility back off the bench before Bird suffered his ACL rupture in the lead up to the Cowboys game.

It's a role he's been groomed for ever since he joined the club in 2016. His game hasn't evolved that much in that space of time and he's still as wildly inconsistent as he was back then.
No better demonstrated than by how he started the game against the Titans and how he finished it.

Capable of really good play, but equally capable of crucial, basic and quite often compounded errors.

This Reynolds situation is looking too good. Have a terrible feeling we're just going to get fucked over yet again.
This is where I am on it. For some reason I think we will miss out on him even though I want him here bad.

Isaako has without a doubt been improving, sure he's still got errors in him but I think we should persist at this stage.

He's actually going better than I thought he would.
My biggest thing is he does something great and follows it up with something silly. Not sure how many he has made a break or did well to be on the end of an overlap but tries to push a silly pass and loses the ball.
Does brilliantly then has a brain fart. If he can fix his decision making up it will go a long way to being an above average fullback for me.

This is getting crazy, we should know within the next 24hrs then right. I hope our club is doing everything they can to get him here. If they can't see him as a must sign then I don't know what to think. This a must for our team. Give him the four years, he is absolutely worth it. He is not the type of player you just let go to another club.

9984AD6F 7B44 4F6D B559 236A16F41557

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • TimWhatley
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behold
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.