Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny timing. Looks like not being able to move on Lodge’s contract may be why all the signing rumours died off.
Yeah seems that way , but there's a lot of players that either need to be resigned or replaced. Surely it isn't the end of signings

I’m not sure if I’d celebrate this. He’s been good for us but no club tries so hard to punt a quality player if there isn’t an issue, and given that we seemingly are willing to chip in so much, it may not be about the money either.

I’m not against keeping him either but I’m not going to celebrate maintaining the status quo at a wooden spoon club.

We desperately need more spine players too so this is an opportunity gone begging.
I agree our spine is the main priority but our prop stocks are pretty bare too. Losing lodge at this point would weaken our pack too much. We saw the importance of a dominant pack in origin

I still struggle to believe our salary cap is as bad as we're told. However i would prefer we pull our offer for Capewell and put the money towards either a 9 or a 1 first. We 100 % need another ball player who can kick and put on tries to help Reynolds.

As has been mentioned by plenty of others, Reynolds strength isnt try assists or line breaks. He'll organise the troops and get you field postion but he won't put on trys.

Even if staggs succeeds at six i can see it more been individual brilliance in terms of trys and line breaks as opposed to what kelly did for us last week in throwing quality final passes in backline moves.

I still struggle to believe our salary cap is as bad as we're told. However i would prefer we pull our offer for Capewell and put the money towards either a 9 or a 1 first. We 100 % need another ball player who can kick and put on tries to help Reynolds.

As has been mentioned by plenty of others, Reynolds strength isnt try assists or line breaks. He'll organise the troops and get you field postion but he won't put on trys.

Even if staggs succeeds at six i can see it more been individual brilliance in terms of trys and line breaks as opposed to what kelly did for us last week in throwing quality final passes in backline moves.
It’s a novel idea but gee it would be nice to leave Staggs at centre and have an actual 5/8.

I wonder if there is more to that Wests Tigers thing and to be honest (and a lot of people won't like this), I wonder if losing both Isaako and TPJ might actually not be a bad thing if it resulted in getting say Capewell and Dufty.

It’s a novel idea but gee it would be nice to leave Staggs at centre and have an actual 5/8.
100% agree. Maybe Kelly can fill that role if he puts in the work over the off season.

I wonder if there is more to that Wests Tigers thing and to be honest (and a lot of people won't like this), I wonder if losing both Isaako and TPJ might actually not be a bad thing if it resulted in getting say Capewell and Dufty.
Capewell is a bit on the overrated side I think, but if it's at a reported 400k offer, sure thing, he's probably equal value to TPJ at 650k but Dufty is miles ahead of Isaako. So it wouldn't be an awful trade overall.

But I'd rather just lose Isaako and get Dufty personally. I don't think we need Capewell.

Capewell is a bit on the overrated side I think, but if it's at a reported 400k offer, sure thing, he's probably equal value to TPJ at 650k but Dufty is miles ahead of Isaako. So it wouldn't be an awful trade overall.

But I'd rather just lose Isaako and get Dufty personally. I don't think we need Capewell.
Capewell is appealing for what he’d bring culturally. He’s been in a good system and seems like a good experienced head to have around the club, we have attitude problem that needs addressing

I could actually see Kelly and Reynolds being a good halves pairing short to medium term if they backed the development system to develop their long term successors.

With Staggs coming back off the ACL, I'd rather play him as a ball playing lock and defending in Glenn's defensive position if he wants to handle the ball more. Pretty much as a mix of Asiata and Tonie Carroll. And then see how he recovers.

Isaako I'm either way on now. If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. But from all reports the tigers fullback has been one of their better players, why would they replace him with Isaako?

Hopefully either Farnworth or Cobbo can make it at Fullback, and fast. Because I'm not completely sold on Dufty personally. All they need to learn is how be the defensive playmaker.

Losing both TPJ and Lodge would put a lot of media expectation and scrutiny on Hass. I don't know if it's the smartest idea to move both of them on personally.

Capewell is appealing for what he’d bring culturally. He’s been in a good system and seems like a good experienced head to have around the club, we have attitude problem that needs addressing
So was Brodie Croft.

I could actually see Kelly and Reynolds being a good halves pairing short to medium term if they backed the development system to develop their long term successors.

With Staggs coming back off the ACL, I'd rather play him as a ball playing lock and defending in Glenn's defensive position if he wants to handle the ball more. Pretty much as a mix of Asiata and Tonie Carroll. And then see how he recovers.

Isaako I'm either way on now. If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. But from all reports the tigers fullback has been one of their better players, why would they replace him with Isaako?

Hopefully either Farnworth or Cobbo can make it at Fullback, and fast. Because I'm not completely sold on Dufty personally. All they need to learn is how be the defensive playmaker.

Losing both TPJ and Lodge would put a lot of media expectation and scrutiny on Hass. I don't know if it's the smartest idea to move both of them on personally.

I was more referring to losing TPJ instead of Lodge if we have to lose someone. Maybe moving on Isaako, maybe Oates and Croft will be enough.

Ken Maumolo has been shopped around. Not sure of his price, but if the right price would be a good option for us imo.
Kenny would be great. He was Vatuvei-esque with his hands when he started but has developed into a solid dependable winger that can find the line*

*from the Warriors games I’ve watched.

Ken Maumolo has been shopped around. Not sure of his price, but if the right price would be a good option for us imo.

His manager is doing the shopping, so would probably want big dollars.

would love him but not a priority IMO

I have a suggestion……

Probably Kelly at this stage thinking logically.

selfishly would like milf to have a crack with Reynolds but would be hard (impossible) to justify that on form

Brent Read reckons it could be only a couple of weeks before Hodgson is playing for us ... despite the fact we haven't approached him yet

“The rumours about Josh won’t go away,” Read said.

“It’s one of those that will get some traction in the next week or two. As far as I know Brisbane haven’t approached Canberra about Hodgson.

“I’m not sure if they have approached him personally.

“I think they’re close to making a call on that. The issue is he is on big money next year and Brisbane will have to give him an extension. I don’t think Canberra have any appetite to chip in any money.

“They need experience in their spine and they’ve done that with Adam Reynolds. Hodgson is a leader and that club needs those guys at the moment, so it makes sense.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RodF
  • vertigo
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bronx48
  • barker
  • Scorchie
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • simplythebest
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.