Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
It just boggles the mind that everyone could see a 1-2 punch of Mahoney and Grant was an absolute trump card...except Green.

Grant did his best, but a fresh and energized Mahoney on debut could have swung it and saved QLD from one out useless hit ups. Green is already, one game in, one the worst QLD coaches ever. Will be his last series. Even hardcore NQ fans last night were like '**** this guy'.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Courier Mail is reporting that while on origin duty Capewell toured the Cowboys facilities.

the say both us and the Cowboys are "believed" to have offered Capewell a two year contract worth 400k per season

Capewell is reportedly looking to finalize his future after the origin series

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Capewell has checked out the Cowboy's facilities on his all-expenses paid holiday in Townsville. Received wisdom has the Cowboys and Broncos both offering him around the $400k per season mark, about a 5% pay rise on his current contract:

“My manager is doing most of that (contract negotiations) for me. I am concentrating on trying to win games with Penrith,” he said in the lead up to Queensland’s 50-6 loss on Wednesday night. We have a pretty good winning streak at the moment. I have not focused on that stuff too much. I am not in a massive rush to get anything done. I just want to get through this Origin period and keep playing good footy.”

“It’s awesome being at Penrith. No-one misses a beat. Everyone is really switched on and trains well. It is just great to be a part of a winning club.”

McHunt

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Capewell has checked out the Cowboy's facilities on his all-expenses paid holiday in Townsville. Received wisdom has the Cowboys and Broncos both offering him around the $400k per season mark, about a 5% pay rise on his current contract:

“My manager is doing most of that (contract negotiations) for me. I am concentrating on trying to win games with Penrith,” he said in the lead up to Queensland’s 50-6 loss on Wednesday night. We have a pretty good winning streak at the moment. I have not focused on that stuff too much. I am not in a massive rush to get anything done. I just want to get through this Origin period and keep playing good footy.”

“It’s awesome being at Penrith. No-one misses a beat. Everyone is really switched on and trains well. It is just great to be a part of a winning club.”

McHunt
Hope the first quote is from prior to their Tigers loss, otherwise I’ve got some bad news about the second one, Luke.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Qld would annihilate them

Spine of Billy, Lockyer, JT & CS9 contains 2-3 immortals and a hall of famer.

GI and Folau in the outside backs, plus prime Petero, Parker and Thaiday across the forwards.

It would be an absolute hammering... so from that aspect it would be a great game to see 👍👍👍

Absolutley. This NSW side havent as yet handled any real pressure thats been thrown at them. This NSW side have a lot of good players, but at the same time, this is a very weak Queensland side. Our side you mention would exploit a lot of their weaknesses.

You mention Thiaday, i think people judge him on his final years with us. In his prime, he was outstanding. He used to terrorise whichever half played on his side.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
The Courier Mail is reporting that while on origin duty Capewell toured the Cowboys facilities.

the say both us and the Cowboys are "believed" to have offered Capewell a two year contract worth 400k per season

Capewell is reportedly looking to finalize his future after the origin series
If the Courier Mail said the sky was blue I'd need to go outside and check.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
Harry Grant is an absolute speed bump through the middle, even when playing club level aswell. Bring Mahoney into the 9, grant at 14. Holmes to Coates wing. Brimson or Ponga to fullback and pray to the gods that Papa and Lindsay are back. Than maybe we lose by 30 instead of 50.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
It does not take Phil Gould to tell you we need more than 'a player or two' to get out of the mess we currently find ourselves in.
No of course not. However if he found a need to state the obvious it’s because ( you would think ) those who need to know are not reacting to the current situation in a manner suggesting they understand.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Imagine being on that winning streak and potentially a premiership with the panthers and then coming to the broncos...

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It just boggles the mind that everyone could see a 1-2 punch of Mahoney and Grant was an absolute trump card...except Green.

He's injured. Mahoney is out with his shoulder injury.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
He's injured. Mahoney is out with his shoulder injury.
Thanks captain obvious. Point being he should have been in the 17 from the start meaning he would have been in camp so the rest is irrelevant. I say this as someone who doesn’t even like Mahoney but expecting Grant to play 80 in origin at full fitness is stupid, given his injuries and limited game time this season it is insane.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Absolutley. This NSW side havent as yet handled any real pressure thats been thrown at them. This NSW side have a lot of good players, but at the same time, this is a very weak Queensland side. Our side you mention would exploit a lot of their weaknesses.

You mention Thiaday, i think people judge him on his final years with us. In his prime, he was outstanding. He used to terrorise whichever half played on his side.
100% on Thaiday... for awhile there he was easily the number 1 second rower in the comp.

Ran a great line, and had a little bit of footwork.

Strong and mobile defender

Pumped out 80mins every week

And even had the little outside inside ball with Khunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RodF
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jazza
  • maximus84
  • Lurker
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.