Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without him we loose by 40. He's one of the few able to make a legs tackle.

And i also loved the initiatives Paix took tonight.

The pair Turpin/Paix is enough to come back to the play-off, we dont gonna get the title next year. So IMO we need to focus our efforts on basics and especially the defense. Reynolds also gonna bring some creativity and organization.
Are you kidding. With Turpin we’ve lost by 50 on multiple occasions, 40 on multiple occasions and 30 on multiple occasions. But, we struggle to score points.

The way I look at it is we need a:
- Winger: who makes metres out of our own end. I don’t care what anyone says Jordan pereira is a pick up and a half if we get him, fast athletic and strong and gets huge metres
- Fullback: Really no options on the market so it will have to be an internal task this one Tesi, Herbie and Cobbo the only options
- Hooker: bit of the same we could get Hodgson for a season or two until Mozer is ready but really it’s again a situation of unless your getting Brandon or Grant not really worth signing someone that will get in his road whereas Hodgson will help his development and is very easy to move aside with retirement and if he’s still going well other clubs would want him
Second rower: Really only Capewell and Su’A and I reckon it will be Su’A as Capewell is likely heading further north

I think you’ll find that Pereira is almost a done deal and I’m pretty sure Su’A will be back at the bronx next year… That boosts our side immensely with an experienced bench prop and hopefully Hodgson than we will look far better. Spots that would be guaranteed under those circumstances would be:
  1. Tesi Niu
  2. Selwyn Cobbo
  3. Herbie Farnworth
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jordan Pereira (?)
  6. Kotoni Staggs
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. -
  9. Josh Hodgson (?)
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Jadyn Su’A (?)
  12. Tevita Pangai Jnr
  13. Pat Carrigan
  14. Cory Paix
  15. -
  16. -

17. Herbie and Niu could change otherwise I think those players are locks next year really only thing we have to consider is that we aren’t going to make all those signings and the way we want our bench to work whether that’s experience or youth ‘impact’ or energy I guess you could say. Sadly I reckon that 8. Role will be filled by Flegler next year as well

Who is the defence coach ? Matterson or Cartwright ?
No idea but they have to be told your edge defence cant defend a tryline when they are using retreating defence. That first try for canberra is a direct result of poor coaching/defensive structures.

This is a recurring theme. Our edge defence retreats and are easy pickings for any change of angle, powerful runner, sweep play or inside step.

How the hell can our coaching staff not see this?

Are you kidding. With Turpin we’ve lost by 50 on multiple occasions, 40 on multiple occasions and 30 on multiple occasions. But, we struggle to score points.
Replace Turpin by someone else ( especially Hodgson ) won't resolve our defensive issues.

We scored 16 points tonight, 24 against the Dragons, that's enough to win a game if the twelve others players did their job in defense.
IMO we need to improve our defense and our kicking game. And im surprised when i see a lots of people asking for the Turpin's replacement, (one of ) our best defender.

Squad for next year:

1..?
2. Cobbo
3. Farnsworth
4. ?
5. ?
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. ?
9. ?
10. Haas
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?

14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?

I can’t think of anyone else worth being guaranteed a spot (at this stage).
Not a bad start. I'd have Cobbo and Farnworth in the centres though.

2. Copley
3. Farnworth
4. Cobbo
5. Mead
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Bullemor
9. Paix
10. Hass
11. Carrigan
12. Flegler
13. Robati

14. Hetherington
15. Riki
16. Kennedy
17. Paliasa

Carrigan and Flegler at their peak will probably be on par with Parker and Carlaw, and that's all we really need them to be. Hass is the forward leader, the others just need to try to match him.

An NRL standard fullback puts us in the fight for the top 8. If we can land another Dummy half as well, we are still only in the fight for the eight, but with much better odds of achieving it.

We need wingers. Guys who can accept and are happy with being wingers. If we can develop them, even better. (Preferably they would be in the To'o mould.)

I disagree that we can't score points. More tries this year have come from ballwork than I've seen in years. We have scored some really good tries putting the ball through the hands, or a second rower running a great line into a gap. We are relying less on individual brilliance (which is still there in spades) than we have in recent years, this is a good thing.

Unfortunately though we won't win while leaking 40-50 points every week. A couple of different players won't fix this. Our defence is the most glaring issue and has been for years. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO FIX BAR NONE. Our tackling technique isn't suited to the modern game, we get monstered weekly in the ruck and it's atrocious. Our structures fall apart (do we have any?) because there is zero consistency in who's lining up next to who week-to-week. There's no trust in the guys next to them to make their tackles. There are repeat offenders consistently making the wrong decisions in defence (Glenn, Coates). Guys turning in, others turning out leaving gaping holes. Our edges aren't quite as weak as they were but the weak point has shifted inwards. It used to be space on the edge outside the winger; now the space is inside, around the centre/second-rowers/halves.

Is it a fitness thing? Are we trained in the wrestle like other teams? Or do we just not do it because we get penalised every time we try, regardless of what the opposition does?

Lodge and TPJ need to stop the cutesy hanging-onto-opposition-players shit too. The refs are calling them out on it now. You interfere with the defenders like that and you will never ever ever get a penalty for them being slow in the ruck. You give them the licence to hang all over you because you're known for holding them in. Dumb play.

Not a bad start. I'd have Cobbo and Farnworth in the centres though.

2. Copley
3. Farnworth
4. Cobbo
5. Mead
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Bullemor
9. Paix
10. Hass
11. Carrigan
12. Flegler
13. Robati

14. Hetherington
15. Riki
16. Kennedy
17. Paliasa

Carrigan and Flegler at their peak will probably be on par with Parker and Carlaw, and that's all we really need them to be. Hass is the forward leader, the others just need to try to match him.

An NRL standard fullback puts us in the fight for the top 8. If we can land another Dummy half as well, we are still only in the fight for the eight, but with much better odds of achieving it.

We need wingers. Guys who can accept and are happy with being wingers. If we can develop them, even better. (Preferably they would be in the To'o mould.)
Carrigan and Flegler in second row... are you on drugs? If so, I want some

The longer this season goes on the less likely we are to land any further potential signings.

Squad for next year:

1..?
2. Cobbo
3. Farnsworth
4. ?
5. ?
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. ?
9. ?
10. Haas
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?

14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?

I can’t think of anyone else worth being guaranteed a spot (at this stage).
Put a question mark for the 6 too. Not convinced on Staggs

Talks of Pearce being offered to the tigers.
I wouldn’t be too upset if we had a Reynolds and Pearce 6 & 7 combo for next year.

Carrigan and Flegler in second row... are you on drugs? If so, I want some
The way I saw it, Flegler is playing a lot like TPJ before we moved him to the second row anyway. He must be good enough overall for Kevie, or he wouldn't be in the team every week. Piakura, Riki, Paliasa or Bullemor would of been.

Carrigan could go back to lock, but my thought process was more based off Hetherington playing lock and Dummy Half off the bench , which is why I put Robati at lock more than anything.

I could see Robati becoming that Josh McGuire like small forward in that role though. And with the Broncos love of a solid defender at hooker, it just made more sense to me.

turn on Kayo at 4pm today to watch the future gun Broncos half in action when the Tigpies take on the Eels 😉

They are kidding themselves if they think Pereira is an upgrade on any winger we have

turn on Kayo at 4pm today to watch the future gun Broncos half in action when the Tigpies take on the Eels 😉
Why on earth would we be looking at Luke Brooks? We already have Reynolds and Gamble. 😀

Seriously though, all jokes aside I hope Billy plays well.

They are kidding themselves if they think Pereira is an upgrade on any winger we have
Didn’t I see his name mentioned somewhere as the most error prone winger in the comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.