Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Su'A is languishing in reserve grade, likely then, we should be able to get him cheaper, it works out well for us. Sign him as a solid player, not a marquee.
Cheaply and immediately??

So you agree with ikin that we should've stuck with Milford and Dearden?
Not necessarily but I don’t think anything would have been worse than what was actually done.

Not sure we do.
Glenn - trash and has to go
TPJ - our best second rower but can also play lock (a troublesome position for us) and is somewhat suspect in defence
Piakura - our best prospect coming through... sounds like he's getting comfortable with ISC so a debut this year looks on the cards. Might still be ISC next year before starting in 2023... also noteworthy that Piakura can play left side
Riki - reasonable prospect coming through but could be more suited to the middle. Also need to remember his form at the start of the year starting in 2nd row

And that's pretty much it.

So if Glenn gets punted next year we'd be going into 2022 with basically 1 second rower in TPJ (who could be considered makeshift anyway) and 2 prospects (one of which has already been dropped this year).

I think we definitely need another one and Sua is a known NRL quality 2nd rower.i

Isnt Hetherington penciled in as a 2nd rower? What about the cyclone and Palasia as well? Both Riki and Piakura are still considered 2nd rowers. So that’s 5 I’m counting and I’ve left TPJ out of the reckoning.

Isnt Hetherington penciled in as a 2nd rower? What about the cyclone and Palasia as well? Both Riki and Piakura are still considered 2nd rowers. So that’s 5 I’m counting and I’ve left TPJ out of the reckoning.
Hetherington isn’t that good and is a lock/hooker not a 2nd rower. Cyclone is most likely a bench option going forward as is Piakura and tbh quite honest Palasia is in the same basket as Hetherington isn’t that good and really shouldn’t be playing above any player named above additionally to the likes of Bullemor and Kennedy
next year it will likely be:
11. Su’A
12. Pangai Jnr
(Whole bench for better explanation)
14. Paix
15. Kennedy/Bullemor/Asiata
16. TC Robati/^above option
17. Piakura

Mozer watch: Just loved his calmness last night. When Ipswich were coming back he just plots them around the field and gets the result back under control. The dropping the ball over the line was heart breaking because it was such a good scoot and deserved a try. Still shows he knows when to go and what to look for but didn't ice it.

Mozer watch: Just loved his calmness last night. When Ipswich were coming back he just plots them around the field and gets the result back under control. The dropping the ball over the line was heart breaking because it was such a good scoot and deserved a try. Still shows he knows when to go and what to look for but didn't ice it.
Is this kid locked up for a while or is he someone the raiders would be trying to poach?

According to fox sports it subtext suggested that we are looking for 5/8 and linked us to Norman as a ‘good fit’, not the point though. The thing that caught my attention was that he’d come for 330k a year. Obviously nobody is a fan of his attitude but at that price if he was to stay on the field is that to good an opportunity to pass up? I don’t know what to think about it really I’ll make it clear they did not say we were after him just that we are looking for a 6 and he’s cheap is all… to be honest I’m not to sure if I believe we are after a 6 but take it as you wish
No. Wanker. No.

Aren't we looking to resign Macca to a long term deal and really invest in his place as a legend of our club?

Any footage of this kid online? Wouldn't mind seeing what the hype is about.

3 Years

Will be the NRL hooker within 2.
Aside from the obvious reasons why he can’t and the physical limitations associated with being a kid; hypothetically, do you think he could come in now and perform well?

I guess what I am trying to say is; do you think he is 2 years away because of physical development, he’s not ready for the step up to NRL or simply because he’s not allowed to (and it would be a career killer for any kid to be thrown into the NRL at that age, let alone for our rabble)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • jd87
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • BroncosMan
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.