Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure I am probably reading too much into it, but I thought Ikin was conspicuously quiet when they were discussing SJ and his likely destination being the bulldogs.
I had a look back & last week Ikin brought up Johns' comments about how the Broncos should be after SJ to play outside Reynolds. I dunno, maybe I'm chasing shadows just because Ikin has been named HOF, just feels like there could be something there.

He signed for three years then they did the release for this year with the Broncos consent. Warriors did nothing wrong.
Correct. WE did everything wrong, which is our standard procedure these days.

Niko has easily surpassed Milford as a 5/8th. He’s always had better ball playing in my opinion and now runs better than milf too.
There are park footballers who have gone past Milf in the last 24 months. It honestly helps as a footballer if you actually give a shit.

Bullshit. KW is NOT a muppet for wanting to develop a kid properly. Seriously.

Cronk 61 ISC games
Smith 28 ISC games
Munster 46 ISC games
Slater 23 ISC games
Inglis 24 ISC games
Grant 48 ISC games

It was good enough for all these guys, to slowly cook and get ready but not for Walsh. I have no doubt in my mind Bellamy would have made Walsh play for the Falcons.

Walker played three games for the Bears and it would have been more if the Roosters weren't injury riddled.

Kevvie did nothing wrong. He wasn't making it part of the contract you will play 34 ISC games. It was just the plan to give him some games to find his feet. Coming off all the debuts over the last two years it was sensible. Doesn't mean that in four weeks you don't say mate you're up we need you now- which is what I think would have happened anyway.

Cronk 61 ISC games
Smith 28 ISC games
Munster 46 ISC games
Slater 23 ISC games
Inglis 24 ISC games
Grant 48 ISC games

It was good enough for all these guys, to slowly cook and get ready but not for Walsh. I have no doubt in my mind Bellamy would have made Walsh play for the Falcons.

Walker played three games for the Bears and it would have been more if the Roosters weren't injury riddled.

Kevvie did nothing wrong. He wasn't making it part of the contract you will play 34 ISC games. It was just the plan to give him some games to find his feet. Coming off all the debuts over the last two years it was sensible. Doesn't mean that in four weeks you don't say mate you're up we need you now- which is what I think would have happened anyway.
I think Walker is a prime example of what happens if you don’t develop them properly. Burst onto the scene but now the weekly grind is a reality he’s already starting to look like he’s been figured out and bashed around.

I think Walker is a prime example of what happens if you don’t develop them properly. Burst onto the scene but now the weekly grind is a reality he’s already starting to look like he’s been figured out and bashed around.

It was sort of forced on the Roosters, I think he would have played more for the Bears if they could, having said that physically he looks like he needs a break which he just got but he did kick a game winning field goal as calmly as you like last game so I don't think he's struggling too much.

Where did you get 6 ISC games from? All I have heard is he wanted him to play a few months. That's not unreasonable and in terms of if he is ready that all depends on whether you want more from his game than flashy plays. We have seen it before where kids come in and look great because the bar is low and they play with so much confidence that the highlight reel overshadows concerns. In a year or two when that disappears they are left with an incomplete game and very few can or will fix once they have 'made it'.

All that is irrespective, it is not unreasonable to want to handle a players development a certain way and there should be measures in place to prevent this bullshit where clubs do all the hard work and another club can swoop in before they even play first grade.
I agree. A Sunday night howler (which is a real possibility) is all it will take for Walters to look like a genius or at least put some balance into the argument.

It was sort of forced on the Roosters, I think he would have played more for the Bears if they could, having said that physically he looks like he needs a break which he just got but he did kick a game winning field goal as calmly as you like last game so I don't think he's struggling too much.
Oh for sure, I don’t blame the roosters. Their hands were tied. It’s been incredible how calmly he’s made the step up but you can’t help but wonder how much better some of these guys would be with more maturing before they debut. First grade is a tough place to have to learn new tricks.

The thing I don't fully understand with the Walsh situation is how they're saying he left because Kevvie wanted him to play some QCup before he played first grade.

Why didn't we just tell Reece that he could wait 6 games or however long and then get his shot, or he could wait a season in QCup plus a preseason in Auckland and then the Warriors can start him all they want come Rd 1 2022?

If the kid was so eager to be playing first grade, we had all the power in the world to ensure we would be the better option in that regard as the best the Warriors could offer was next year, until we let him go early obviously. Maybe the money was the main factor, but you never know with this club, maybe we just let him go without putting up a fight.

Did Reece Walsh sign with the Warriors knowing he might not get to play first grade until Rd 1 2022, or was the release agreed upon before he signed with the Warriors?

The thing I don't fully understand with the Walsh situation is how they're saying he left because Kevvie wanted him to play some QCup before he played first grade.

Why didn't we just tell Reece that he could wait 6 games or however long and then get his shot, or he could wait a season in QCup plus a preseason in Auckland and then the Warriors can start him all they want come Rd 1 2022?

If the kid was so eager to be playing first grade, we had all the power in the world to ensure we would be the better option in that regard as the best the Warriors could offer was next year, until we let him go early obviously. Maybe the money was the main factor, but you never know with this club, maybe we just let him go without putting up a fight.

Did Reece Walsh sign with the Warriors knowing he might not get to play first grade until Rd 1 2022, or was the release agreed upon before he signed with the Warriors?
$$$ his offer was double, is what 1910 said. Kevvie didn't want to give the big money straight away, which is why he left.

What I don’t get is why didn’t we just lie? Lol. The tigers did it with Simpkins seemingly.

Just say “you’ve got it kid. Game 1 of this season, you’re going to be a star.
Might even make captain by the end of the year. Just sign here”

As soon as he signs “oh, things change bro. You won’t be in Q Cup long”. 3 years is a long time to earn his forgiveness. Could’ve even blamed it on White.

$$$ his offer was double, is what 1910 said. Kevvie didn't want to give the big money straight away, which is why he left.
Cheers that makes more sense. So the whole media beat-up about us losing him because we didn't think he was ready for first grade is basically a crock of shit.

Where did you get 6 ISC games from? All I have heard is he wanted him to play a few months. That's not unreasonable and in terms of if he is ready that all depends on whether you want more from his game than flashy plays. We have seen it before where kids come in and look great because the bar is low and they play with so much confidence that the highlight reel overshadows concerns. In a year or two when that disappears they are left with an incomplete game and very few can or will fix once they have 'made it'.

All that is irrespective, it is not unreasonable to want to handle a players development a certain way and there should be measures in place to prevent this bullshit where clubs do all the hard work and another club can swoop in before they even play first grade.
@Skyblues87 comment above. Reckons Walters said it on telly last night. Straight from the horse’s mouth. Anyway I wish the kid well and hope he goes ok, he might come back if our club turns things around.

Would 6 isc games even make a difference though? If he’s that close he’s probably ready.
I guess you could say the same about Piakura... I would've thought he would debut by now, but it seems like he is just starting to get used to ISC now.

I took two things out of what Kev said...

1) He wanted him to develop a bit more in Cup before making the leap to First Grade so his development wasn't stunted.

2) He didn't want to toss him into this rabble of a team straight away and let that losing mentality rub off on him. Timmy Dearden is a perfect example of what happens when you throw them in underdone.

Milf has more upside ???
Please explain ...

Milf at his best was better than Kodi at his best. I don't think there's many who will disagree with that.

Assuming both are old enough to have shown their highest points and both are theoretically young enough to replicate these highs, then it means that Milf has more upside than Kodi.

He has a higher ceiling, but also a much lower floor. AND I'd argue its much more likely that Kodi would replicate his peak form than Milf, but Milf still has more upside.

Milf at his best was better than Kodi at his best. I don't think there's many who will disagree with that.

Assuming both are old enough to have shown their highest points and both are theoretically young enough to replicate these highs, then it means that Milf has more upside than Kodi.

He has a higher ceiling, but also a much lower floor. AND I'd argue its much more likely that Kodi would replicate his peak form than Milf, but Milf still has more upside.

This is all true but Kodi is also far more consistent than Milf, that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky field goal
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • heartly87
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
  • scobie
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.